| Twelve |

Let's Play Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LAST CHAP; i hope this isn't rushed! 

thank you thus far for supporting me :) as well as those who PM'ed me. I really appreciate it.

yo girl actually completed a fic LMAOOO BAII

 

 

 

 

Yuna walked home alone that day. Her eyes were pink and puffy, but that didn’t matter to her. After Chaeryeong called Ryujin a good friend of hers, Yuna didn’t know what to think anymore. She was confused and also worried for Ryujin.

 

Those feelings she has felt for the past month or so were feelings she wouldn’t wish on her worst enemy. The feeling of liking someone so much that even if they didn’t like you back, you didn’t have a choice. Much worse, she hated the thought that Ryujin would be pouring her heart out on a girl who saw her as a good friend.

 

Ryujin’s voice echoes in her hears; the way the girl admitted she misses her. Yet, what did Yuna do? She pushed her away thinking that Ryujin only needed Chaeryeong in her life. Even if Chaeryeong did like her back, she wasn’t a good friend for pushing Ryujin away. 

 

She arrived at the bus stop waiting area and crossed one leg over the other. She scrolled through her phone with a poker face, tired from the earlier events. 

 

“I miss you.”

 

I miss you too, idiot. Yuna sighs and just stares at Ryujin’s contact name and bites her lip. She looks at the calendar app.

 

February 13, 2020.

 

Tomorrow is Valentine's day. Yuna resists against the urge to text Ryujin now and a wide grin spreads across her face.

 

Even if she's not the one Ryujin likes, Yuna decides that tomorrow she would be the one to give her love. Ryujin is worthy of happiness and Yuna decides that she wouldn’t let her fear stop the girl from realizing how loved she is.

 

 

 

Frankly, Ryujin never understood the hype around Valentine’s Day. Even when she liked Yuna for the longest time and snuck mint chocolates in her locker without the younger girl knowing, she thought the holiday could be perceived as toxic by single people who never had a holiday that celebrated their ‘single status.’ 

 

She didn’t mind when Yuna would outwardly wish that the secret admirer who gave her the mint chocolates was Chaeryeong, but also, it did hurt. Afterwards, Yuna would jokingly criticize her for not getting her anything as a fellow member of the single for way too long club.

 

It was ironic that this time around, Yuna would be wishing that Ryujin would be the one who has been giving those mint chocolates. 

 

Yuna wore her uniform and stared at the box of mint chocolates she bought Ryujin last night before she rode the bus. She stared at the note and winced a little wondering how she was capable of writing such things at 2 AM. She stares at the clock that says 8:30 AM and decides she should probably get a cup of coffee downstairs.

 

As she leaves her house, it’s raining and she decides to take the bus this time. She sees Ryujin already ahead of her on her bike as she’s getting drenched. All she’s wearing is her uniform and a helmet. Yuna wants to yell her name, but her heart blockades .

 

She’s about two meters behind when a car is driving 30 mph in a 20 mph road and passes her in a flash.

 

Yuna’s mouth gapes and she notices the puddle in the space between Ryujin and the car heading in her direction.

 

“R-Ryujin!” 

 

The older girl doesn’t hear her so Yuna makes a run for it as her own socks get wet from jumping in puddles. You’re always the one saving me from those snowballs that boys used to throw at me. Let me protect you for once, Ryu.

 

The way Yuna’s long legs caught up to Ryujin and the car was miraculous, almost like a scene from a movie. As expected, the car made a huge splash as the front right wheel landed on the puddle and drove away like nothing happened. Yuna froze as the water splashed her whole body and Ryujin retracted her foot from the pedal, almost stumbling over. Yuna gasped as she remembered the gift was in her back which wasn’t the best at being waterproof.

 

“Y-Yuna, what the hell?"

 

Ryujin immediately took off her blazer and started to dry Yuna as if it would help. They both stared at each other and seeing Yuna’s brown orbs turn into crescents, Ryujin couldn’t help but laugh. 

 

“Why’d you do that?”

 

The younger girl shrugged, “Because. Just because.”

 

Yuna hopped on behind Ryujin after the latter offered her a ride. The rain somehow stopped and the sky turned a beautiful pastel yellow as the sun began to peek through the muddled clouds. It was still drizzling a bit and Yuna carefully checked the chocolates in her bag. Fortunately, the note didn’t get wet.

 

As they entered school, the rest of their friends plus Chaeryeong were already in the classroom joking around. Ryujin quirked an eyebrow because she doesn’t remember Chaeryeong and Lia being so casual. Yeji was at the side observing Ryujin and Yuna.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter