10yrs...

Closer.

"Congrats guys!!!!!! WooHooo!!!!!!",the entire Doldam Hospital staffs gathered for a wedding ceremony, a matrimony union belonging to Dr. Kang DongJoo and Dr. Yoon SeoJung. The event was held in a few pitched tent outside Doldam, where the couple felt there's no where more suitable than that. Everyone came back per planned. The senior doctors met the talented juniors. Together with Kim Sabu and the rest, they continued saving every single emergency patients daily. The family keeps growing, their bond solidified. "Soon it will be you two huh?",Dr Jung InSoo nudged WooJin as they clapped when the couple was announced Mr. & Mrs Kang. WooJin looked surprised, so did EunJae. Both blushed like teenagers. Kim SaBu caught that and smirk with the rest of the elderly.

WooJin picked EunJae from her apartment. Although the event is at a place where they are both very familiar with, he didnt want her to appear alone. She's his girlfriend, they should arrive and attend the joyous occassion together. When she appeared at her door step, he could not take his eyes off her. Simple pastel yellow one piece dress, her hair braided to the side, she looks like a bride herself. "Do i look ok? Is it too much?",EunJae asked curiously. "Pretty.",WooJin was lost for words. He kissed her cheek. She blushed at his direct compliment and moves. "You look good too Seo WooJin...",she stated and took his hand when he extended to her. She didnt see the smirk on his face.  

EunJae kept stealing glances at her boyfriend as he drove. WooJin infact has many adorable sides that she only know of when they started dating. It was then she realised she lacked in many areas. It was when he said,"I've known you since medical school. One look, i should be able to guess what you are feeling or thinking by your expression..." That statement touched her. He made her want to change for the better, to be someone worth his love, be someone who can give him strength. She has been all along sheltered by her mother. Breaking her shell, Doldam's family broaden her sight. Her born intelligence took her far, similar to WooJin's talent in his field.

----------

[Flashback]

WooJin thought his feelings for EunJae will soon die off when she went to cardiology and him to general practice. Soon after, he even left Geodae and joined HyunJoon sunbae's hospital. His life hasnt been honey, its been s*hit eversince his parents died. He reported the unethical procedures to the medical board. That crushed his once respected senior's career. That also crushed his when his motion was deem unacceptable among doctors. WooJin was ostracised by many hospital. And when he managed to get a position at his former work place, they banned him from the operation room for a year. It was also then he met EunJae again. When he saw her, the same emotion swallowed his heart. She has a way to make him see her in a different light. He hasnt been one who poke into anyone's business. Yet she's the only one he's concern about, other than his aunt. Perhaps because she's somehow like him, a loner.

He's surprised that she didnt know about his case with HyunJoon sunbae. He likes it that she's not even bothered about it and talked to him with the same vibe. "Dating Cha EunJae? How thick-skin are you Seo WooJin." He turned and stared at the doctors who spoke up when they entered the changing room. They continued when he did not answer them,"If not why is she always siding you? Cant be because you two are classmates before, right guys? That girl never step into s*hit like this. Then again, she's in s*hit herself too. Whats her nickname? Sleeping beauty of CS. Joke isnt it! Well at least she has brain and beauty. Hey Seo WooJin, you two match each other.... One has no moral who soon will be fired, the other has issues that might get her doctor license suspended." WooJin's eyes bore through their bones and they stopped. They quickly exited the changing room.        

----------

[Flashback]

"Why is Dr. Cha's mother looking for you instead of her daughter? Did you do something you're not supposed to?",Manager Jang caught up with him when he completed his surgery. He knows why EunJae's mother is here. The graceful lady came into his sight as he entered the staff lounge. Giving her a respectful bow, he took a seat infront of her. "Dr. Seo WooJin, Im EunJae's mother. Has EunJae spoke to you recently?",the soft spoken woman asked. He roughly guessed the topic and waited for her to continue. "Mom? Why are you here?",EunJae's voice lights the room when he heard the door open and shut.

EunJae was upset her mother came to her work place without notice. She's angry that she spoke to WooJin before consulting her. Most importantly, she's actually worried for the boy who has to encouter such event, by her family no less. She polietly asked him to step out. She didnt want him to be involve. She'll handle the mess her family created. "Enough mother..." WooJin heard her say as he walked out. He knows she's a mummy's girl. She's always on the phone with her mother. He stayed by the door, worrying for her. EunJae may look tough on the outside but she's actually a softie.

"I didnt want to study medicine, i didnt want to be a surgeon, i didnt want all that you wanted. Mom... you have no idea what i've went through all these time... because you're not the one who carried me on the back and ran out of the OR..." WooJin's heart fasten when he heard her words and realised her way of showing appreciation to him was to protect him from her family. "Tell brother to settle his own mess. Dont come to me or Seo WooJin on such matters anymore. Its... humiliating.",EunJae emphasized. WooJin walked away and decided to wait by the side.

He hugged her as she cried in her own hands. Its the first time he's ever so close to her physically. She felt so right in his arms. "Better?",he asked when she calmed down slightly. EunJae nodded. One habit never change, she clenched tight at the edge of his OR scrubs as they walked towards the changing room. In their ER scrubs, they went seperate ways knowing what they need to do. Kim Sabu saw their interactions at the ICU nurse counter. He saw the talented boy smiling and its solely directed to the girl who never gives up her chances. It was later known that EunJae was on WooJin's side regarding the malpractice disclosure. Even when its her own family members, she stood firm, believing in the rights and wrongs.

----------       

WooJin looked out the bus window as the senery changes from country side to busy city center. His thoughts went to a girl he has taken an interest in years ago when they were in medical school. He recalled the time where EunJae confirmed her feelings for him. Before that he had to endure the rising jealousy as she raved about her major crush on Dr.Bae, their sunbae from the same university. Yet now, its him. Since they started dating, she's never one who hides her affection for him. He could literally feel her love for him. He thought she wouldnt notice but she did. EunJae comfort him whenever he's feeling down. Overtime, infront of her, he didnt need to act strong. He reminised the moment when EunJae made the move and crossed the line. 'Cha EunJae likes me....too?',he was in disbelieve as he looked into her eyes. They are now on the same track, going forward together. He smiled subconciously. "Because.... its awkward, its frustrating, its embarassing, there's fluttering, there's heartache... these come together when you're around. You're the only one...",EunJae shared when asked how she realised her feelings for him. Her pinked cheeks he couldnt resist. He kissed it. "Yah! Seo WooJin!",she exclaimed. He smirked at her innocence.

"Is that Dr.Cha's boyfriend? I heard stories about him... You know, him being a whistleblower and g*igolo... What does she see in him? There's so many other doctors q-ing for her, her family is rich and wellknown, she's smart and so good in her surgery now, why him?" WooJin heard them. He looked at them with a bored face. The group of junior doctors took off when their eyes met his cold pair. Its been awhile since he last stepped into Geodae. "Seo WooJin!" He looked towards the souce of the familiar voice and smiled. His girl was running towards him. "Sorry i'm late! Did you wait long? There was a last minute emergency. How was your operation? Everything good?",She asked when she caught up to him. WooJin was requested to lead a complicated surgery and so happen she's around too and could leave for Doldam together.

"The surgery has been successful... Lets go?",he took her hand in his. Staffs of Geodae saw the couple hand in hand. They kept stealing glances at the pair. "Cha EunJae! Are you dating our ex GS whistleblower?" EunJae rolled her eyes when a group of older doctors stopped right infront of them on purpose. It was HoJun sunbae's group of lackey. She sighed. Not letting go of WooJin's hand,"Correction. Not whistleblower. The right word is ethical, rightness, justice, anywhich you can pick from since there's a lack of words in your dictionary. By the way, this guy here, my boyfriend, a GS, has always been requested by Geodae to lead risky surgeries. Dont make it sound like its a proud thing to be a Geodae staff. I wonder why they keep calling country side doctors like us to help out. Do you guys know why? Grow a backbone. Be proud you still have such capable junior to take over jobs which cant be done by the current staffs."

The senior doctors were offended but none said a word back. What EunJae said were facts. WooJin smirked at his girl. Nobody messes with her. She always defends him. EunJae pulled WooJin towards the exit, not wanting to breathe in the same air with brainless people. "Dr. Cha! Sunbae!!!! Is this your boyfriend? The famous GS?! He's so handsome! You're so lucky!!",a younger batch of female doctors called out. "Ok. Stop. He's mine girls... go back to your station please...",EunJae chased them away. WooJIn likes it the most when she declares him as hers. The pair dated around Seoul before heading back to Doldam. WooJin held her close in the train when the crowds flowed in during peak hours. They leaned on one another while they slept on the bus back. 

----------

[Flashback]

EunJae returned to Daldam 8 days later than promised. WooJin was walking towards the staff's changing room after his surgery when someone stopped him by his hand. He turned around. Its her, standing right infront of him, so pretty in her white winter coat. He flinched her hands off him. EunJae pouted, looking at him with kitten-eyes. She took his hand again. He swung her hand off once more. She frowned. WooJin started to regret what he did, thinking she might walk away from him. He knows he's being childish but he cant help but feel angry that she did not bother to contact him on her extension in Seoul. Her frown turned into a cute smile as she held onto him again, the third time. "Im sorry. I know you are mad at me. Of course you will be. I'll be cursing you if i'm in your shoes! No second time, i promise! Dont be angry anymore...... Im sorry Seo WooJin... Hn? Hn? Hn?",EunJae's pacifying eyes and pleading voice caught him good. He hugged her tightly. "I missed you so so so so soooo much!",she said out, as though replying to his warmth he's giving her. "Have you eaten?",He asked thinking the long drive she took. "Not yet. Shall we go grab a bite together?",she looked at him, smiling. "Hn. I'll go change first..",He said and pulled her along with him, not wanting her to wander around and disappear from his sight.