Kids In Love_1

Kids In Love

TEN LEE , age 22, artsy, sometimes OC, loves sweets and berry flavored anything, especially STRAWBERRY flavor, loves Taeyong and Jaehyun so much and sometimes think that the both should try and be a thing and go out, or make out (kidding) (not kidding)

JOHNNY SUH, age 24, free spirit, does what he wants, YOLO been friends with Mark who's been in Canada since after middle school but stayed in touch, also friends with Jae, met at summer camp back in 4th grade (JMJ, Best Foreign Trio in the World)

 

JAEHYUN JUNG, age 22, sneaky, peachy, big eater, sings a lot and plays a lot, like A LOT, likes Taeyong and has been in a relationship with him since last year, LDR, loves Ten and Taeyong so much

TAEYONG LEE, age 23, shy, loves coffee, doesn't like sweets but anything strawberry is an exception, writes songs, doesn't know he has a nice voice, doesn't want Ten to know about him and Jae yet, cause it might "ruin" the friendship, he said. Loves Ten and Jaehyun so much

MARK LEE, age 21, baby boy, fond of hiphop music, likes rapping but doing it only as a hobby, living in Canada but will stay in Chicago for the summer 2020

 

 

____________________

 

 

Chicago, IL, USA
June 25, 2020
A.M

"Woah, what a great day to be alive." Johnny speaks for himself in a sarcastic way as he checks the clock on his bedside table. He haven't gotten any sleep for he arrived like 5 hours ago, and is still having jetlag from his almost 14hrs. flight from Korea. Not to mention the timezones are exactly opposite which is probably the main reason why he's still awake. Got nothing to do, Johnny decided to unpack his things, sort some of it and maybe grab some breakfast after.

Johnny went downstairs after freshening up and smelled a familiar scent coming from their kitchen. Mrs. Suh preparing Johnny's favorite breakfast, bacon and egg and french toast topped with whipped cream and berries, strawberries to be exact. "Ugh this feels really like home." Johnny said, smiling and with emphasis on 'really', to his mom while setting himself up for his food. "Such a great way to start my day." he thinks.

 

 

----------
 

 

CT, USA
June 26, 2020
A.M

"Come, lemme hug you two, you piece of sht!" Jaehyun told his childhood friends, Ten and Taeyong, before squishing them both right after seeing them at the airport. He came to pick them up because they're going to have a two weeks summer vacation in Chicago, as a reward for themselves for graduating. But for now, they will be spending the weekend over Jaehyun's house, suggested by his mom, Mrs. Jung, who loves Ten and Taeyong so much.

The three arrived at the Jung residence not long ago, and Jaehyun, as sneaky as he is, whispered something to Taeyong while the other was setting the table for lunch. On the other hand, Ten was still in the kitchen watching Jaehyun's mom do miracles in there. Ten asked random questions and Mrs. Jung answered almost everything with utmost adoration.

 

 

----------

 

 

Chicago, IL, USA

June 26, 2020

P.M

 

Johnny went from lying in bed almost the whole day yesterday to being dragged anywhere around the city by his friend, Mark Lee, who came all the way from Canada just to gate crash his house and spend the whole summer with him. The two have known each other since 4th grade, and sometimes will spend vacations on each other's hometown. This year is one of those. "Bro, come on let's go to that art street again, I wanna take a close look on the artworks." Mark said, urging the older. Johnny on the other hand, starting to get annoyed, said "Dude, we've been going circles around here and we've been there, what else do you want?" Mark really doesn't have the sense of direction for himself and he just wanted Johnny to take aesthetic photos of him. That's all. A baby, indeed. As when Johnny saw Mark doing puppy eyes beside him, the older can't even argue more. "Fine, but it's the last one and i'm really hungry, please let's go get something for dinner. My parents are out for the weekend anyway." Johnny said.

 

 

----------

 

 

CT, USA

June 26, 2020

P.M

 

Jung Residence have never been this loud and crazy not until Ten and Jaehyun literally pulled out every game boards they owned. From doing weird consequences to letting Jaehyun sing a whole song while Ten making every part of his body acts according to every word Jaehyun would say, a total disaster. Taeyong will just laugh and point out every mistake Ten would make and then will look at the two with his pure and inocent pair of eyes that Jaehyun loves.

 

 

----------

 

 

Chicago, IL, USA

June 29, 2020

A.M

 

Weekend passed; Monday came. Johnny and Mark decided to go out again, it's a weekday anyway and not much people would want to go out on an early Monday morning. Johnny driving around downtown while Mark taking his time on chosing what song to play next was probably a staple for both. The two decided to go the Grant Park, Chicago's Front Yard as what others would call it, just to, you know, do some walking and strolling and the younger boy might love to see some differences from his last visit, the older would think. "Bro, I know you like taking shots of random scenes on random places. Please do think of me as one them, don't be shy." Mark jokingly said to Johnny. Johnny do love taking pictures of random things but it somewhat manages to always come out good so Mark would always love it when he's part of it. The two really missed each other's company, without even saying, they manage to make the other feel the same.

 

 

----------

 

 

Chicago, IL, USA

June 29, 2020

A.M

 

Early morning in Chicago, Ten never felt this good for the past 22 years of his existence. Waking up to this unfamiliar yet overwhelming place put a smile on his face. As he went out from his room in their 3-bedroom unit accommodation, he just found out that he's the only one left who's not yet ready to go out. Seeing his two friends all dressed up and ready for the summer heat making him smile even wider. The three went out to Grant Park as per Jaehyun's suggestion. First timers mostly wanted to visit the place anyway, and Ten would really love to see the sceneries around downtown but more specifically, art museums.

 

 

----------

 

 

FMNH, Chicago

 

People roaming around, some are couples but most are kids having their tour, Field Museum of Natural History had seen more than the amount of people it has today. Johnny did too. He's almost seen every displayed collection inside which didn't amuse him anymore. Mark has been here also, but it's like his guilty pleasure. Unknowingly, both of them lost each other in the sea of people. No one bothered to find the other, just letting time consume them both. Johnny halted. Something probably caught his attention. He haven't seen it before, he thinks, or did he? These past few weeks, he's been a fan of plants, and he's sure he's already seen this herbarium section of the museum, it just didn't sink in before but now it does. Staring amusingly at the collections, a pair of eyes in a sea of strangers had also been staring at him without him knowing.

 

 

----------

 

 

FMNH, Chicago

 

Ten felt Taeyong's hands tapping him slightly on his shoulders, asking him to pay attention to what their quide was saying. They'd been here for like half an hour and Ten was about to zone out already. He didn't like dinosaurs in the first place but because Taeyong loves them, he was left with no other choice but to give in, since Jaehyun also voted yes to dinos. Until right before Taeyong tapped him, he saw something interesting, not a dino, but it really stood out from all these unknown collections of rare species. A tall young man, probably not more than 3 years older than him, looking discreetly into something that might have caught his attention, like what he did to Ten. The way he's just standing there like what everybody else is doing and still made an impact to Ten made him feel weird, unfamiliar things, he's never felt before.

 

 

----------

 

 

Art Institute of Chicago

 

After his fair minute at the herbarium at FMNH, Johnny met with Mark again just in time for their transfer to the next museum. This time Johnny thinks he might enjoy this one better than the first. And it did. He wasn't aware that a day in his life would come where he will just wanna look at some artworks that are definitely older than him and just smile and wonder. He didn't even bother reading the descriptions beside each frame when he went here back in the days. Mark had never seen Johnny this astound to this place either. "ɪɴ ᴀ ʀᴏᴏᴍ ꜰᴜʟʟ ᴏꜰ ᴀʀᴛ, ɪ'ᴅ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ." Johnny never imagined himself saying, or even thinking, that old cheesy statement but he guessed, people tend to say things they would eat someday. And today is that day for him. He wondered his eyes around the gallery and found something worth eating his words for. He knew right there, that it's something also worth having.

 

 

----------

 

 

Art Institute of Chicago

 

Upon entering the gallery, Ten quickly looked around, hoping, no, trying to see the same guy from the FMNH. He's indeed bothered, and he doesn't wanna know why. So he was actually wishing to not see him again. Just when he's about to go to the next hall, he suddenly saw this specific artwork. The "Woman with a Parasol in a Garden" (1875) by Piere-Auguste Renoir. He just had to stop, and stare. Mind empty and just, stare. An impressionist piece showing a delightful springtime and a representation of a classic garden walk between two people. At that very moment, he wishes to experience it someday. Somehow. Unknowingly, another mind was also thinking the same thing. The only difference is that the other was thinking that specific scene, with him.

 

 

----------

 

 

Shedd Aquarium, Chicago

 

As much as Ten doesn't like dinosaurs, it's the total opposite with fishes and other sea creatures. Going at an indoor public aquarium is probably the second-best thing they'll be doing today, Ten thought for himself. He really wanted to buy a dolphin plushy cause he's been missing his old one back in Korea. But before anything else, they hurried inside to catch the exhibits and presentations. Finding vacant seats in this dim lighted hall seems to be a problem for the three, so Jaehyun suggested to just go find for themselves and just meet at the exit right after. And with that Ten dashed off to find himself a better seat and luckily found one at the middle part. As for the other two, who would know if they will try to find seats or not.

 

 

----------

 

 

Shedd Aquarium, Chicago

 

Mark would always want to sit and listen to some educational presentation, this time it's in an indoor aquarium with Johnny beside him. The instructor started and everyone including the two stayed quiet and just listened. Someone has been constantly asking things from time to time and the instructor would just answer briefly. Johnny thought that people will always try to be faster than you and thanks for that someone, he has kept himself from being the nosy one. Presentation ended and the two stood up and looked for the exit and found it just when Johnny found the art that he had lost not long ago at the Art Institute. Looking straight back at him, standing near the exit, that familiar pair of eyes from a stranger.

 

 

----------