Her blind date

Marriage Certificate


As a sales supervisor in a top notch department store, Ryeowook is always busy with her daily work. Eventhough she is efficient, her head supervisor would still find fault in her and tried to make her life miserable. Nevertheless, Ryeowook would just replied her patiently and continued with her work, as she needed the money to pay for her apartment's rental and for her living expenses. Furthermore, she got to know that they will have a new boss soon, so she needed to work hard to give a good impression. 

She received a text from her friend, Heechul, which made her shook her head and put a smile on her pretty face. As she didn't reply immediately, Heechul called her instead! 

"Hee-babe, I was about to reply you!" 

"You are too slow Wookie! Anyway, your blind date asked me how come you didn't reply his text. Can you reply him so that I can consider my blind date arrangement a success, you dimwit?!"

"Babe, he's asking me to meet him again. You know I don't usually go for a 2nd date" Ryeowook said while arranging a shoe section.

"He's different and he seemed to like you. Why, you didn't like him? He didn't talk during your dinner with him? Was he in a hurry to end the dinner?"

"Yes he did talk and asked questions, a lot in fact. And no, he wasn't in a hurry to get it done and over with. He's nice, handsome, tall and gorgeous. But he seemed cold. Too cold for my liking"

"He's like that, looked cold but he's a nice guy, so do give him another chance. You two exchanged phone numbers, am I right? Isn't that means he would like to contact you again? Yet you didn't want to reply his text?!"

"Ok ok, I will reply him and I will meet up with him. I will tell you the outcome ok? Happy?"

"That's my girl!"

"You are such diva, Heechul"

"I am! Hahaha, ok you go back to work! You reply him ok? I got to go now. Goodbye Wookie"

"Yes I will. Bye babe"

Ryeowook off her phone and search for the guy's message. She typed her reply "Hi, sorry for my late reply as I was busy with work. Sure, we can meet. How about this Friday night?"

She received a reply about 2 minutes later. 

"No worries. Great, see you on Friday night then. Will 8pm be fine? I will text you the venue later"

Hmm, 8 o'clock should be find as she finished her shift at 5pm, she thought, and she would have time to do her laundry and pack more things, before going for their dinner. She replied back "8pm is fine. See you then".

"Can't wait to see you again, Ryeowook-ssi. Will text you again on Thursday night for the venue. See you and take care". 

Wow, he said "Can't wait to see you again"! Seriously? He seemed so cold towards me that night. Ryeowook sighed and finished arranging the shoes.

She walked into the cafe with some nervousness in case she has been stood up. But no, he was there, politely stood up to welcome her.

"Hello Ryeowook-ssi. You look beautiful as usual. Please, have a seat" he politely pulled Ryeowook's chair and gestured her to sit. 

"Thank you, Kyuhyun-ssi. Sorry I was late. I was packing my stuffs and forgot the time"

"It's okay. Let's order first, shall we?" Kyuhyun said with a slight smile. He really looked gorgeous when he smile. It wipe off the coldness in his eyes, Ryeowook thought to herself. 

They placed their orders and Kyuhyun added wine to their ordered list. Then he turned to Ryeowook "Ryeowook-ssi, you were saying that you were packing. Are you going somewhere?"

"Ahhh no, actually the rental lease of my apartment is ending end of next week, so I need to move out. But I haven't secure another place yet. I do have a few apartments that I have picked, I just need to decide which one" Ryeowook smile and took a few sip of plain water. "And please call me Ryeowook".

"Can I call you Ryeong instead?"

"Ryeong? Sure, something different though" Ryeowook smile. She like it, to be honest.

"I don't know why I like your name and the name Ryeong just came to my mind after our first date. And, please call me Kyuhyun, or just Kyu".

Ryeowook nodded and smile. Wow, so they now move to casual names.
Their food came and they started eating. 

"Hmm I..." Kyuhyun started, but seemed like he was not sure how to put it. "Why don't we register our marriage and you can move in with me, since you haven't secure a new place to stay?"

"What...??" Ryeowook got choke and started coughing. Did she hear him right? He's joking, right, about the register our marriage part?? 

Kyuhyun stood up and passed her a glass of water, while soothed her back. His gesture surprised her even further.

"I'm sorry if I startled you" he said after he had settled back in his seat. "Actually I don't like to waste time going through the usual datings, and since I like you, so I would very much like us to register our marriage"

"But why? We hardly know each other. And marriage is no laughing matter...." Ryeowook said after she had calmed down.

"Yes it's not, and we can get to know more of each other after we get married and stay together. We have ample time, coz I intend to spend the rest of my life with you. I hope that you are agreeable" Kyuhyun looked at her seriously.

This man is really serious! Will I get married to this guy which I hardly know? Ryeowook didn't have any answers right now.

"Ryeong, if you want me to meet your family to ask for your hand, I will"

"No no, I didn't stay with them for 3 years already and I didn't even know where my father is. My parents divorced about 4 years ago, and Omma re-married and I lost touch with my father. I left Omma's home as I couldn't stand my step father, and I haven't talk to her at all for past three years " Ryeowook looked down sadly.

"My parents are in US, and my sister is in London working for the London Philharmonic Orchestra. They hardly contacted me too. I'm staying alone here" Kyuhyun said, to emphasise that the are actually in a similar boat. "So, shall we meet next Wednesday to register our marriage? Will you be able to apply one-day leave?"

Ryeowook looked up when Kyuhyun mentioned next Wednesday. Ohmygod! "Wednesday? So fast?" 

"Why not? Then you can move in with me. That will also solve your problem, right? I can help you move your things".

"Kyuhyun, I...." 

"Why, you don't like me?" Kyuhyun, looked sad. 

"I do, I do, I do like you. It's just that, this is like a dream! I mean, I never expect to get married so soon after meeting you for the 2nd time!" 

"Like I said, I don't like to waste time on dates. We can do that after we register our marriage" he reached for her hands "Thank you for saying that you like me. So, will you marry me, Ryeong? I'm sorry I don't have a ring right now but I am very sincere". 

Ryeowook looked at him and saw his sincerity. "I... yes okay, I'll marry you. I'll apply for leave this Wednesday and meet you at the marriage registration office. 9am?" 

"That's great!" Kyuhyun smile. Ohh that smile! He looked so handsome! Ryeowook just loved his smile and wish that he would smile more instead of the cold look everytime. "Your finger, I think is size 7?" Kyuhyun was her finger. 

"I think so. I never bought a ring before" Ryeowook giggled. She remembered that she was wearing an ring-shaped earring, so she took it off, and put it on her finger. It fits nicely. "You can use this as a gauge when you buy the ring?" Ryeowook passed him her earring, and took off the other earring and kept it in her bag. 

"Thank you" Kyuhyun said while putting her earring in his pocket. "Let's pour the wine" Kyuhyun signalled to a waiter to help them pour the wine. "Let's toast to our coming marriage?" he passed a wine glass to Ryeowook. 

"To our marriage registration and our life together" Ryeowook raised her glass to toast with Kyuhyun. 

Back in her apartment that night, Ryeowook rested her back against her front door. She's getting married this Wednesday! She pinched herself and grimaced because she could feel the pain. It means she wasn't dreaming! And to top it off, she's moving into his apartment, and to stay with him! Ohmygod! She couldn't believe it. What if Kyuhyun is a hoax, or a murderer? What if Kyuhyun has an alterior motive, like selling her off to be a e? Ohmygod, she didn't even know his occupation! 

But something inside her told her to trust Kyuhyun and to believe in him. She took a deep breath and let it go slowly. "I will trust him and register our marriage. Let's make this marriage work. Fighting!" Ryeowook fist her hand up to give confidence in herself. She smile and went to her bathroom to take a bath. 

Did she make the right decision?