WHO - FINAL

WHO

(Jungkook pov)

I watched my boyfriend slam our bedroom door making the picture frames and wall clock hanged on the wall shake. It was only 9 am but I wanted to end his day already, my day that started with yelling from both of us again. Sighing in disappointment, I lie on our bed focusing on my reflection on the mirrored ceiling. I can still remember when we bought our apartment and saw the mirror on the ceiling, I thought Jimin will make the house contractors remove it and will not listen to me when I said that "It has a y feel, baby! We will see ourselves making love." but I was shocked when we arrived at our newly renovated apartment and the mirror was still there. I love it, we love it.

Well... I used to love it.

Now looking at the mirror makes me ask myself, when did the last time we made love and not just ?

I closed his eyes. Maybe going back to sleep is much better than trying to answer something I can't. I was about to when the door opened again, I knew it was him I didn't need to open my eyes anymore. I heard different noises, from the closet, the drawers, and everything even when the door opened and close once again. Now all I can do is bite my lips.

"He was late for work, that's why. Stop it Jungkook." I tried to remind myself, trying to make myself believe that Jimin was in a rush so he forgot to say goodbye and kiss me like he usually does for the past 3 years of us living together.

"Yeah. He was just late... I sometimes forget it too, right. I should stop thinking about it or I will go crazy. Walk, I need a walk, it's my rest day anyway." I said and stood up from our King size bed making sure to fix the sheets before getting ready for a walk or a run, anything I can do to get my mind off stupid things like "what if's" and "he hates you".

For me just like seasons, people change. Like Jimin, he changed. For the better or worst? I don't know anymore but it was starting to hurt more and more, each day pass it feels like the Jimin I knew and fall in love with is not the same Jimin anymore. It started when he got his dream job, in a prestigious dance school where other than regular students he can also get an opportunity to choreograph for an idol or artist. I was happy for him, duh who wouldn't be? I even arranged a dinner to celebrate it with him. But sometimes I wished I didn't because of weeks after that dinner, everything change. Jimin will go home late, he will always cancel on our date because "I was requested to choreograph for an artist." or "I'm sorry Gguk, can we cancel tonight because I took my co. teachers class it was an emergency.". There are also times that I will be surprised that he was not home because he was with his workmates, I used to ask him about it until he asks me if I am accusing him of cheating on me. I always understood, sometimes I canceled on us too. I am a photographer on this small company and there are times that I got requested even if it was supposed to be my day off. I sometimes go out with my workmates too, so it's only fair to let him go out with his. Right?

Namjoon hyung and Yoongi hyung always told me to talk to my boyfriend but not unlike how we use to talk about our problems years ago, recently we always ended up fighting more, throwing things, accusing each other on who is wrong, yelling and walking out of the room like what happened earlier today. I tried my best, I am still trying. But I am getting tired, I was sick of waiting that everything will be back in normal again. Sometimes I wanted to look into Jimin's eyes and ask "Who are you?" because it is starting to feel like he was not the same person I fall in love with years ago.

Leaning on the big tree, I took my phone out of my pocket.

I tap the call logs icon and dial the recent contact.

"Hyung... Can I come over? Maybe stay the night?"

 

 

 

 

(Jimin Pov)

"He called me and ask if he can come over, I will try to talk to him and send him home okay?"

"Is he drunk, hyung?"

"Nah, he was helping me editing photos right now."

"Okay."

"Jimin-ah."

"Yoongi hyung, please. I just came home from work. I'm tired."

"He is too, might as well do both of you a favor and end this once and for all." Yoongi said and then I heard the beep. Sighing, I went out of my car and lock it, besides mine was Jungkook's and that's why I was surprised when I received a call from Yoongi hyung asking if I'm already at home and he said that Jungkook is with him. Jungkook always use his car whenever he will go to work or just go out, he rarely walks but it seems that he loves walking now since I always find his car on the same spot while he is out.

While waiting inside the elevator to arrive on our floor, Yoongi hyung's word started to bombarded my already aching head.

"He is too." Does Jungkook?

"Might as well do both of you a favor and end this once and for all." Can I really end this? Our 8-year relationship, just like that? I hurriedly wipe my tears when the elevator door opened just in case someone might see me and step out. Unit 913, all I can do is smile looking at the number, I can still clearly remember how excited we are when the found out about our unit number "Our apartment is like us, destined. I'm ready to make happy memories here with you hyung!" he said. Funny how happy memories turn into sad and toxic ones.

I open the front door and my eyes went directly on the yellow loveseat on the living area, where he will be seated with his laptop on the coffee table playing games.

"I'm home." I said, unlike the old times Jungkook was not there to look at me and greet me with his bunny smile, he was not there to get my bag and ask if I already had dinner. He was not there and I miss it, I miss him so much.

"Bath, I need a bath."

 

 

 

I was drying my hair when I saw him entering our room, he was smiling at his phone. Maybe he was watching something or Jin hyung sent him another dad joke or maybe he was texting someone... I shake my head, no even if we are not in good terms right now I know Jungkook will never cheat on me. Wait, am I still right about that or? Maybe I can ask, right I can do that.

"What's funny?"

"Jin hyung." See, Jimin? I told you it was Jin!

"Another dad joke? When will he stop?" I said turning off the hairdryer and plugging it out.

"It was Jin hyung, plus this one is actually funny, look!" Jungkook said giggling a bit and walks closer to me so he can show the messages but instead of taking his phone I grab his other hand, he looks at me then to our hands. I know he will not pull his hand back but I intertwined it with mine, just in case. Jungkook got taller, my tiny Ggukie is now a muscle pig, his acnes are all gone. He changed a lot physically but one thing will stay the same, his eyes. His sparkly eyes that always hypnotize me.

"I'm sorry, for what I did earlier. I was a jerk I know, I just... I forgot about your day off when I accepted the extra class and I-"

"It was fine, I understand." He said smiling but I know it was a sad one, almost fake.

"I'll make it up to you, soon. Once I'm done with the choreography I am doing then I will take a day off and cancel late classes." Please talk to me, yell at me or anything Jungkook, please.

"Alright, I'll go take a shower-"

"Jungkook are we okay?"

He looks at me, into my eyes. Don't lie to me, please.

"Of course."

 

 

Morning comes and I didn't even know what time I fell asleep, my mind was so restless last night thinking of new dance moves for the song that was task to me, thinking how my relationship with Jungkook became a mess. I turn around and face him, he was sleeping beside me, he was there but why is it cold? It was so cold, where did his warmth go?

"Who are you?" I asked on my mind.

"Where is my Jungkook?" I asked again.

I know it was also my fault, I am not dumb, blind and deaf not to know, see and heard it. I got so focused on my work, it was my dream job and I really like working there but I set my priorities wrong. I forgot to take a rest and spend time with my family, friends and with him. All I do now is work, I go out with my workmate's but it was not just to relax all the time but we meet up for work too. I know I changed, even Hoseok hyung and Tae told me when they got tired of me and drag me out of my office. Jungkook did change too. He was not the old Jungkook I knew, it feels like he's a stranger. He got focused on his work, leave the country almost every week and always busy which I understand because of his job but sometimes I just miss him and it always frustrates me whenever I am free and he is not. We tried to do something about it and use our day-offs instead, we made sure to have the same day off but even that didn't work every time and instead of spending time together we always end up fighting or more like me shouting at him.

Jungkook is a competitive person, he will not let anyone win without fighting for himself. Something that I know already changed, the Jungkook in front of me never do that anymore. Whenever we will fight he will just argue a bit then that's it, he will remain quiet or he will walk out not helping me solve our problem. I am tired, but I don't want to lose him, I can't lose him, I just want my old Jungkook back.

"Good morning, love. I'll just make breakfast, okay?" I mumbled, kisses his forehead.

Feel that and wake up, hug me and stop me from getting up. Come on, Ggukie. Like you used to do... After a minute or so, I got up from bed its one of the things that changed.

I was already done cooking and now sipping my coffee when I saw him already dressed for work. I stare at him, he was focused on checking his bag on the table making sure that everything he needs for work was there.

"Minnie! Did you see my extra batteries? I am sure I charged them last night but it's not in my bag, I think I forgot to unplugged them. Can you bring it to me on your way to work?" You used to depend on me, call me whenever you forgot something since you never check your bag or you're always late for work. You don't do it anymore because you set alarms now an hour before, enough time to prepare for work and check your things.

"Morning! I made breakfast." I said.

"I have a breakfast meeting with Namjoon hyung but thank you, good morning too."

"We don't eat breakfast together recently. Come on, eat with me."

"It's not my fault."

"Gguk please, I am trying... Aren't you tired of fighting? Let's talk, we need to talk." I said standing up, walking towards him. I grab his hand and pull him to the couch. He slowly sits down, then I crouched down in front of him.

 

 

 

 

 

(Author's pov)

"Where did my Jeon Jungkook go? Who are you?" Jimin asked gripping on the big hands he loves to hold, even the skin change from soft skin it was now a rough one but he didn't mind it. As long as he can still hold it, as long as Jungkook still wears their promise ring it was fine.

"Who I am? Who are you? You changed, you changed a lot. I don't even know you anymore." Jungkook finally asked the question that always bugs his mind.

"You changed too, we both changed and I miss the old us, the old you. I know I changed, for sake, even our own friends told me I changed so much and I'm sorry. But you know people change right? We are not the 18-year-old Jimin and Jungkook anymore, we are now the 26 years old Jimin and Jungkook. We are not high schoolers anymore but young adults who have much more priorities like our careers and-"

"Am I still one of your priorities? Am I still important to you? Cause it feels like, I am alone with this relationship right now that anytime soon... One of us will end this." And there he is, Jimin's old Jungkook. The Jungkook who constantly worried about their relationship, his huge baby that only shows his soft side to Jimin and only to him. One of the traits that made him fall in love with the younger. He put his right hand on Jungkook's cheek and Jimin's smile when his boyfriend leans on it like he always does.

"Is that why you always stay quiet whenever we fight? Are you scared of me leaving? Of ending our relationship?"

"It feels like if I will continue arguing with you... You might explode one day and end this for real. So I keep my mouth shut and just wait for you and on whatever will happen to us. At least I have more time with you."

"You know it was not me right? I would never do that? I even bought a promise ring for us, you know I will not leave."

"As you said, people change. I am not sure if the Jimin who gave me this ring is the same Jimin in front of me. You said I changed too, yes but it's because I thought you are tired of me, I thought you hate me being that Jungkook. The childish one, a kid in everyone's eyes. So I focused on work and try my best to be matured so I will be like you. Maybe if I will be mature enough in your eyes, you will see me as an adult, a man and not a kid anymore. But I guess I was wrong, it didn't solve anything since we argued more." Jungkook said, he finally said them. He was proud of himself, he can slowly breathe again. He looks into Jimin's eyes, a mistake. He has tears in his eyes that will run down Jimin's cheeks in any minute maybe even seconds, "It used to be fluffy, did he lose weight again? He also have eyebags, he looks tired." He thought.

"Jungkook-ah, you know I love you as who you are. I don't care if you want to stay like that or be mature, as long as I have you it was fine. Plus don't ever ask me if you're still important to me, because you are, okay? I focused on work because one of my priorities right now is to save up for the future. Because I..." Jimin paused making the younger frowned.

"Oh . This is not how I planned to say this."

"W-what is it?" Jungkook asked, his boyfriend took a deep breath and look into his eyes. He slightly smile and stood up, Jungkook just silently watched him went inside their bedroom.

"Jimin hyung?"

"I will be back. Just a minute!"

Jungkook stares at their bedroom door, waiting for his boyfriend to come back to the living room.

Jimin rushed to their closet and open one of his old luggage. Inside is a small box, a box that he hid in their closet because of the recent happenings in their relationship, he almost thinks that this day will not happen. He smiled and take it out of the luggage then closed his closet.

"What's that?" Jimin heard making him flinch a bit, he turn around and there he is, the impatient Jeon Jungkook standing not so far away from him. Jimin walks to him and grabs his hand pulling the younger to the balcony. The younger was about to talk again when Jimin shakes his head.

"This is not how I planned this. I'm almost done with my whole plan, candlelight dinner with roses and fairy lights but if I will not do this then I might lose you. Ggukie, ever since I met you in the cafeteria in our highschool I fall in love with you. Your smile, your laugh, your eyes, your voice, how you act cold to others but a soft baby to us, I love everything about you. I know we are having a hard time in our relationship right now, but our main problem? Me focusing on my work? It's because of this, it's because of ... I want to prepare for the future, our future. Bun, Ggukie I want to settle down. I know I changed, we both changed but instead of finding our old selves can we both accept what we are now and move forward... Together?" Jungkook gasped and let his tears run down his face, he stares at his boyfriend who is now kneeling on the floor.

"Jeon Jungkook, will you marry me? Do you still want to keep our promise? Our promise to forever together?" He asked and open the royal blue velvet box, inside is a white gold ring that almost looks the same as their promise ring but Jungkook can see the little differences. Their promise ring is just a simple ring with no diamonds, while the ring on the box has little diamonds around it and their promise ring, is much cheaper than the ring in front of him.

"You work your off for this? You keep on working, so you can-I almost thought you don't love me anymore! I thought it is not only you who changed but how you feel for me too! But you-" Jungkook sobs, he feels so stupid.

 

 

 

"Who are you?" Jungkook stares down at Jimin, his Jimin hyung.

"You're the one I fall in love with." He might not be the old Jimin he met years ago, but it's his Jimin. The Jimin who will give and do everything for him. The Jimin who loves him so much. The Jimin who made him believe in love.

"Something has changed, you're not the same, but I will for sure love it." Like they said season change, people changed too. Jimin can change many times, Jungkook for sure change along the way. But looking into his first love's eyes, Jungkook knew that as long as Jimin is with him he's ready to face everything, every challenge, every little or huge changes in their life and he will surely love it.

He pulls Jimin up, holding his shoulders.

"I was sick and tired of everything you know? I was ready to give up. I was just waiting for you to drop me. We rarely spend time together, but we always fight recently. I keep on thinking. How? Why did this happen to us? What changed? I sometimes ask myself if your still my Jimin, do you hate me or do you still love me, and even I can't come up with an answer. I was just tired. Tired of waiting and finding answers." He said.

"Jungkook-ah...." Jimin is crying, but unlike the previous days, Jungkook is the one who wipes it off for him. Jungkook shakes his head when he notices Jimin wanted to talk.

"8 years... Its been a long time... Season change, fashion change, culture change, people change, everything change even the person you love the most. Sometimes you will just find yourself looking at the same person you've been with for years asking, Who are you? Did you at least even once asked the same question while looking at me? I am Jeon Jungkook, 28 years old from Busan working as a photographer and you are Park Jimin, 28, working as a dance teacher slash artist choreographer and I know... I know that I will always choose you, cause I know you're the one for me. The only one. So yes, yes I will marry you." He said and pull his ex-boyfriend-now fiance to him and hug him tightly. They both cried on each other's neck, didn't say anything and just let their tears go with their sadness and worries so they can face their new chapter smiling.

A few moments later, when they both calmed down, Jimin gently pushes Jungkook and take his left hand then put the ring on his ring finger with their promise ring and kisses it. The same exact thing Jimin did 3 years ago.

"I love you. I love you so much. I'm sorry for everything I did that hurt you." Jimin said staring at him, into his eyes.

"And I love you too, My fiance. We will be fine, everything will be fine as long as we have each other." Jungkook said leaning down closer to his fiance's face.

"Together.."

"Forever."

And like their first kiss as a couple on the rooftop of their school building, Jimin and Jungkook kissed, fireworks and bells were both there.

==================================


I was bored and WHO (A heartbreaking song but a GREAT one! Their vocals OMG! PLEASE listen to it if you didn't yet!) made me write this.

It also feels like rushed and in case you saw some typo error or wrong grammar, I'm sorry.

Thank you for reading!

Goodnight! 

Ms.Chim1013/Aerinsong10