[FINAL]

Voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

——————————————

 

‘Hey.’

 

The space on every angle is complete pitch-black and claustrophobic—shimmering lights at the end of the tunnel persuades her to stroll even further. It’s an endless adventure despite her swollen feet becoming numb each step. For odd reasons, her lucky slippers aren't present; nothing to protect her cold feet. She shivers at the questionable breeze hitting her bare shoulders, using her breath to warm her freezing hands. 

 

‘How are you? Good? Say something.’

 

The unfamiliar voice echoes at the back of her mind, chattering from subject to subject as she goes at her own pace. Its voice soothing and weirdly motivating as if encouraging her to go and move forward. She doesn’t need to waste any time guessing the unknown’s name, but she does notice her tone somewhat sad and desperate. She feels a bit awful for ignoring the lonely voice in her head.

 

Although it may seem dark and difficult to make out her surroundings, she could feel the flow of water past her bare feet. If she gets an opportunity to take a peek to where in the world she’s in maybe she’ll be able to understand why those tiny rocks keep injecting her feet out of nowhere because it does hurt like a .

 

‘Can you hear me?’

 

“Of course I can hear you. Very loud and clear. And annoying…” She talks underneath her breath then she hears a chuckle. Her thoughts are telling her she’s on the brink of going insane. 

 

‘Mother said I should go home, but I don’t think I can leave you be.’

 

Mother? What the hell is she talking about? Sometimes the owner of this voice speaks so casually gossiping about the things she totally can’t relate about which is honestly annoying for a loner like her. Breathing out a long deep sigh, she grinds her teeth out of habit. Though, she kind of wonders why she isn’t starving, and why on earth she isn't needing some natural liquid to fill her stomach yet. 

 

“Go back to where you’re originally from. I don’t need you. Leave me alone!”

 

She groans when the voice changes its topic to another.

 

‘I heard your favourite chocolate store is out of business. Shame.’

 

“Impossible! You know nothing about me!” She shouts unexpectedly, splashing the water with her left foot out of pure annoyance. “Stop spewing nonsense, goddamnit. I’m going home. Don’t you dare follow me whoever you are… ghost or whatever.” muttering the last part, something inside her chest tells her not to hurt the feelings of the unknown. 

 

After an awkward silence, the voice spoke again.

 

‘When will you be able to come back home?’

 

“None of your business!” replying coldly to the question. 

 

‘Hey, can you hear me? Reply, will you.’

 

“Idiot. I told you I do. I’m not deaf! God...”

 

Her continuous questions, rants and stories do irritate her sometimes, but she can’t deny the fact that her great company is extremely useful and more importantly, really sweet that she still stayed by her side after a lot of harsh things she said to the voice back then.

 

‘Oh, I need to go. I love you, Dahyunnie. Wake up for me, okay?’

 

The sad part is she’ll slowly forget everything the voice had talked about a little later. By the time she slips away all those things will become a blur and every step closer to the light she nears, her memories will permanently fade or either will be unclear to remember.

 

“I love you too, Sa—na…”

 

——————————————

 

Minatozaki Sana.

 

Her youthful appearance deceives so many people. Despite her age at 35, plenty of them still lurk to win the woman's heart and yet no party has yet to come and claim its throne.

 

They may seem powerful, but they are powerless when it comes to the woman.

 

Only one can claim her heart and break it into two at the time—it's none other than Kim Dahyun, her girlfriend for 13 years.

 

6 consecutive years going back and forth to meet her in their usual white room, she tells her stories that is beyond out of this world for only the two of them to understand. 

 

Sana laughs about everything she talks about, and she knows somewhere in her splintered heart that Dahyun laughs about it too. She's just too cold to admit her jokes are made of pure gold. "You frown too much. It doesn't look good on you. In any given time, you'll become even more ugly. Just so you know, I'm not here to jinx you. You're still pretty in my eyes no matter what the world up there is doing to you."

 

Flirting really. It's still within her. Been a while.

 

Sana tends to go home empty-handed. Eating breakfast, lunch, dinner is outside the house so foods in the fridge are usually half-empty or sometimes extinct. Shower, a change of new clothes, doing some laundry, and a doze of goodnight sleep belongs in her household or someone else’s (aka her friends).

 

It gets lonelier when winter arrives because that fool is still asleep in the white room and prefers to not do while she, at home, longs for her warmth. The cuddles, the kisses, the entirety of her existence is what she misses the most. She misses her home. Her true home. She was planning to propose, but why a tragedy happens without consent? Sana never learned anything other than learned that the world is the cruellest place to live in.

 

"You're so selfish. I don't get why I’m still in love with you. Why I still want your attention. Why I still keep going back to you and want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter