chapter 1

this unspoken tragedy we call love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"joohyun, let's get a divorce." it took weeks, months even for seulgi to finally utter those forbidden words. 

it hadn't been easy, getting herself to finally come to terms with wanting joohyun out of her life. how could she? joohyun was her other half, her safe haven, her home. the girl of her dreams, ever since she was fourteen. it had been hard, but that's what everyone around her told her to do. they said fame changed joohyun. seulgi didn't really agree initially because she believed in their love, like a fool. she never believed that the love her & joohyun shared could ever die out because they were something special.

but soon, she began to notice the signs too. this distance wedged between them, an invisible barrier neither of them dared to cross.

"why would you do this to me?" joohyun cried, her voice cracking as each syllable left her quaking lips.

"you're not the girl i fell in love with anymore," seulgi's gaze wavering, afraid to meet the older girl's piercing eyes. afraid that if she stared for too long, she'd be hopelessly pulled into this pit of toxic love, tied down to joohyun's manipulative reins, like how it all started.

"i don't understand," joohyun's eyes began to sting as she desperately fought to hold back the floodgates threatening to overflow. she bore her porcelain heart to the girl who stood in front of her, so fragile and vulnerable. yet, seulgi was blinded by her own notions of supposed animosity to even notice joohyun begging for forgiveness and acceptance, to be let back into the walls she had built around herself.

the girl standing in front of her, the girl she has loved with every fibre of her body ever since she was sixteen, the girl she has devoted herself to the night they exchanged their vows, the girl she thought she would spend the rest of her life with, the one who promised her an eternity. together.

what happened to "till death do us apart'?

she blames herself for ignoring the signs. if only she had the courage to confront her love, they wouldn't be here now. across each other, no longer as lovers but as strangers who once shared memories together.

memories of their first kiss, their first “i love you”s, their first holiday to shanghai together, it was the first time they made love there. it hurt them both, memories of their love now only painful reminders of what they will never be, again.

seulgi no longer kissed her goodnight like she used to, no longer wrapped her arms around her every night before they went to bed. when she woke up in the morning, she no longer woke up to seulgi's adorable, sleep laced face. instead, the other side of the bed was cold and empty, vacant and devoid of any warmth or love.

her mornings were no longer spent with seulgi. no more mcdonalds breakfast dates, no more trips to starbucks for coffee in the morning, no more seulgi to calm her down whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter