Surprise!

Birthday

After his radio show, Hyesung immediately went home. He was tired (he was getting old LOL).  He entered the apartment and opened the lights. His house was empty, it felt cold and he decided to open the heater.

A notification rang from his phone.

[Junjin: Hyung! Do you have any plans right now?

[Hyesung: Nah, I’m already home. I just want to sleep. I’m tired.]

[J: okay hyung!]

 

After exchanging messages from Jinnie, he put his phone on the bed and went to the shower. After showering, he grabbed a beer and opened the television. A cooking show was on and he decided to watch it.

 

After a few cans of beer, he felt sleepy and went to the bedroom to sleep. He was fast asleep probably because of the beer he drank.

 

He suddenly woke up because he heard a voice outside his bedroom. He suddenly stood up, and was very quiet and approaching the door. “I think a burglar came in my house.”, he started to panic and the first thing he thought of doing was calling Junjin. “Yah, Park Choongjae! Answer your phone!”¸he muttered.

 

“If only Eric was still living here it would be great.”, he said. He grabbed a golf club beside his bed and decided to open the door. When he opened the door a little bit, he saw that it was still dark and he can no longer hear the voices.

 

He stepped out and suddenly the lights and a loud happy birthday was said. “Hyung! Happy birthday!”, Jinnie hugged and greeted him. Hyesung looked surprised and confused at the same time. “Yah! Why are you here?!” he exclaimed.

 

“Of course, we have to celebrate your birthday. Now all the hyungs are 40 years old.”, Eric answered while he was carrying soju bottles. “Did you enjoy your week? We’re both 40 years old. You cannot deny it anymore”, Dongwan said and as he was coming near to Hyesung for a hug, Hyesung immediately used Jinnie as a shield.

 

“Hyungs! Can you help us here?”, Andy shouted from the kitchen. Dongwan and Jinnie immediately went and Eric and Hyesung was left on the living room.

 

“Were you that scared? You’re holding a golf club.”, Eric asked. “Of course! I’m alone in the house and in the middle of the night I heard voices outside my room. Who wouldn’t be scared at that pabo!”, Hyesung angrily answered.

 

“Jinnie was really excited for this surprise.”, Eric said. “Let’s go set up the table, I think they are almost done.” he added. Hyesung didn’t answer but he just went to get some utensils and plates.

 

The other members now are bringing the food to the table, they prepared Hyesung’s favorites. “Hyesung-ah, happy birthday!”, Minwoo said as he quickly pecked the cheeks. After the peck he hugged him tightly and whispered, “I hope you will genuinely be happy”. He smiled at Hyesung, his eyes turning into crescents.

 

“Let’s eat! I’m hungry!”, Dongwan added. “Oh! we forgot another one”, Jinnie said. “What?”, all the hyungs answered. “This one you idiots!”, Andy said holding the cake with candles already lighted.

 

“Saengil chukhahamnida! Saengil chukhahamnida! Saranganeun Hyesungie! Saengil chukhahamnida!”, they sang in chorus. Hyesung blew the candle cheered.

 

They were originally planning on pulling a prank on Hyesung when he blows the candle but they decided not to do it. They just love him so much they don’t want to anymore.

 

They started eating and they shared stories about their work and recent schedules. “Hyung.”, Jinnie said. “We panicked when you called because we are not yet done preparing.”, he added. “We immediately hid and left Minwoo hyung and Andy in the kitchen. We even turned off the lights”. “We were standing in front of the stove because you would see the fire”, Andy added. “But I guess you were too scared you didn’t notice it”, Minwoo said and he laughed.

 

“I was panicking, okay?”, Hyesung answered. “I called you and you weren’t answering, I thought I have no choice but to do things on my own. Good thing I have a golf club in my room.”, he added.

 

“No more next time. I’m gonna change my door password.”, he added and he looked at the members. “I won’t even tell you baby bird”.”, he said to Junjin.

 

They chatted and ate for long time. They also drank soju and beer. Hyesung remembered when they went to the MT for the VLive.

 

Hyesung cherished this moment with s. He looked around and Eric was already clinging to their maknae, Andy. Junjin was already asleep on the couch, and Minwoo and Dongwan are talking about some things, “They looked serious”, he thought.

 

When Hyesung was about to tell them to go home and leave him alone, he saw the members on the floor sleeping while hugging each other. “Aish, these people!”, he said and sighed.

 

He left them and went to his room and locked the door. He didn’t want anyone going inside and sharing the bed with him.

 

And that how is Hyesung celebrated his birthday.