Promised

Reunited At Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you happy to be going back home?” Over the phone Taehyung sounded exhausted and overworked.

“Yes and no. What if I see Jimin?”

“Kook, he’s probably going home for christmas too why wouldn't he? And besides, it's almost been a year. He's probably moved on. Ya know, like you should have?”

“Tae, I spent most of my life with him. It's not like it's  so easy to forget.”

“I know, I know. I just think you should make an attempt at moving on." Taehyung paused. "How about this, when Christmas is over I'll set up a blind date for you. That way you can move on and I can be at peace knowing that they won't hurt you.”

“I'll think about it.” Jungkook answered as the intercom asked that devices be powered off. “We're about to take off. I'll call you when we land okay?”

“Fine. As soon as that plane hits the ground I better hear from you okay?”

“Yes dad.” Jungkook smiled as he put his phone back in his pocket. Taehyung had been his friend since before he and Jimin had broken up, but afterwards was when they really got close. Taehyung had helped him become a human being again, forcing him to leave his room, go to class and find a part time job. Taehyung had stuck by his side even when he was mopey and depressed. And now Taehyung was there for him when he would inevitably have to face Jimin again. Jungkook sighed and leaned his head back, closing his eyes and letting himself fall asleep.

When he woke up the plane was about to land and a mix of excitement and nerves shot through him. He was an hour away from seeing his parents, not to mention, most likely Jimin's. 

The plane landed and Jungkook turned his phone back on to call Taehyung, who answered on the second ring.

"Landed?" Tae asked immediately.

"Just now, as requested."

"Good. How's the nerves?"

"Horrible. What if he brings someone?"

"I doubt it. I'm sure he feels the same as you, at least vaguely. A relationship that lasted over five years can't be that easy to forget, and you said he dumped you to focus on dancing."

"Yeah. I'm just nervous."

"Everything will be fine. I'm gonna miss you. See you in a few weeks and try to have fun okay? But I have to go. My mom is yelling at me."

Jungkook laughed. I'll miss you too, talk when you can. I'll try and you too. Bye." He said quickly, barely getting it all in before the line went dead.

As he went through baggage claim he did his best to keep his heart from racing and his breath even.

(Needs transition)

“Jungkook!” Jungkook's mom rushed toward him as soon as he opened the door.

“Hi mom.” He said hugging her as she launched herself into bis arms. He got a whiff of the food coming from the kitchen and smiled. His mom was making his favorite, jjajangmyun. He remembered all the times he and Jimin had begged her until she made it, or when they used to sneak out of school and go to their favorite restaurant for it. Now though, the smile faded from Jungkook’s face and he was filled with nostalgia, regret and an almost unbearable sadness. He couldn’t eat it. If he did, he would be reminded of all the laughs and tears they'd shared together. All the promise and heartbreak. His pain would be completely renewed. But the worst part of it all was knowing that Taehyung was right. Jimin had probably moved on and so should he.

“Jimin's mother said she was going to wait for Jimin to show up before she came over. Speaking of Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter