~End~

Moonlight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yerim sighed deeply as she circled her forefinger on the lips of the wine glass. She should be happy. It’s a special day. Every single person has been congratulating her left and right. She smiles at them, but it’s been hours and she’s tired. 

 

Then a familiar song played in the background. Yerim stopped and listened. It’s one of her favorite songs. Their favorite song. Yerim smiled.

 

Her smile grew brighter when the person whom she shared the song with approached her. 

 

**cough** **cough**

 

The person faked a cough and Yerim rolled her eyes and tried to fake her annoyance but the tiny smile that’s escaping her lips gave her away. Then that person just grinned at her.

 

“I believe this is our song. Will you do me the honor?” The person reached out for her hand, wiggled her eyebrows and smiled at Yerim dorkily.

 

Yerim shook her head. “Still greasy as ever” Yerim said as she took the person’s hand.

 

“Please, Yerm. You know you like it.” the person said and guided Yerim to the dance floor.

 

“Pffft! Please..” Yerim rolled her eyes.

 

The person placed their hands like they were about to dance the waltz. Yerim giggled.

 

“Unnie, you’re so old fashioned!”

 

“Yah! You know how much I tried to learn to dance just for this night. And it’s not like we’ll be dancing in squares.”

 

The person placed Yerim’s left hand on her right shoulder. Then her right hand on Yerim’s back. Then their free hand clasped together.

 

The sun is setting

And you're right here by my side

And the movie's playing

But we won't be watching tonight

 

The person smiled the sweetest smile and Yerim did the same. Being in this person’s arms gives Yerim the warmth that she can’t find anywhere else. The loving eyes that she gives Yerim is more than Yerim can ask for. But Yerim can’t help but be hungry for more. More of those loving gaze and those fond smiles.

 

Every look, every touch

Makes me wanna give you my heart

I be crushin' on you, baby

Stay the way you are

 

Yerim smiled. It’s their song and their dancing on a beautiful night like this. The person smiled.

 

Yerim moved closer and leaned her chin on the person’s shoulder. The person giggled.

 

Yerim moved her head back, “Why, unnie? What’s so funny?”

 

“Nah.. I just can’t believe that you’re here with me. You’ve become more beautiful, Yerm. And so lady like. Who would’ve known you’re that annoying little kid I met at uni.”

 

'Cause I never knew, I never knew

You could hold moonlight in your hands

 

Yerim playfully punches the person’s arm. “Yah! I’m not little. If someone is the little one here it’s you, Seungwan unnie.”

 

Seungwan laughed and pinched Yerim’s nose with her left hand then went back to holding Yerim’s right hand and placed it over her chest.

 

'Til the night I held you

You are my moonlight

Moonlight

 

“Still, Yerm. It’s been years. Can you imagine how long we’ve known each other and been together? I can’t believe I survived this long.” Seungwan sighed whilst shaking her head then just flashed Yerim another one of her toothy smiles to let the younger girl know it’s a joke.

 

They were quiet for a few seconds, just dancing to their song. Seungwan leaned her on Yerim as the younger girl continued to lean on her chin on Seungwan’s shoulder.

 

I kiss his fingertips

As I'm wishing he's all mine

He's giving me Elvis

With some James Dean in his eyes

 

Then Seungwan spoke, “ Thank you, Yerm.”

 

Yerm move her head back again to look at Seungwan. “What for unnie?” she asked confused.

 

“You know what for.” Seungwan then gave her a soft sweet smile. Seungwans eyes are full of love.

 

“Nope.” Yes, “I don’t know.” Yerim knows. “ Maybe you can remind me.” Yerim’s brows raised, waiting for Seungwan to talk.

 

Seungwan freed Yerim’s right hand from her hold and scratched her nape with her left hand. Yerim then placed her right over Seungwan’s chest. Yerim can almost feel Seungwan unnie’s thudding heartbeat. Yerim smirked.

 

“I’m waiting, unnie.”

 

“W-well.. Umm.. You know..”

 

“I don’t”

 

“Fine. Thank you. Because.. If not for you.. Because of you.. I wouldn’t have found my happiness..”

 

Yerim looked at her shy Seungwan unnie who couldn't look back at her. ‘She hasn’t changed even after all those years.’ she thought.

 

Puts his lips on my neck

Makes me want to give him my body

I be fallin' for you, baby

And I just can't stop

 

“Are you trying to practice your speech for later? You’re cheating, unnie!” Yerim said jokingly. Seungwan’s eyes widened and shook her head.

 

Yerim smiled, her eyes glittering as tears threatened to spill. She looked up to avoid it from happening. Yerim can’t cry now. She should be happy hearing these words from the person she loves the most.

 

When she looked back at Seungwan, Seungwan was already looking at her then wiped a lone tear falling from her cheek, that she didn’t even realize was there.

 

'Cause I never knew, I never knew

You could hold moonlight in your hands

'Til the night I held you

 

Seungwan then kissed her cheek. Yerim kissed Seungwan’s in return.

 

“Thank you, Yerm. I love you, always.” Seungwan said and Yerim felt her knees getting weak. Seungwan would always say those three words to her even way back then, but the effect on her never changed.

 

“I love you too, Seungwan unnie.” Then again, Yerim rested her chin on Seungwan's shoulder.

 

They continued dancing to their song. It was the song that was playing the first time they met. Accidentally met.

 

>>>>>>> Start of Flashback

 

Yerim met Seungwan accidentally at a coffee shop near her university.

 

Yerim and Seungwan bumped into each other. Yerim was on her phone and she didn’t notice Seungwan her way looking for something in her bag. 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter