Prologue

That day the flowers bloomed

March 29, 2002

"We shwall nevwer fowget!" the little girl shouted with a glee

"This tree, will symbolize the bond that we have" the older boy said as he looks at the little girl with a reassuring smile on his face, "it will lead as back together"

"Me don't want go-" the little girl was cut off as the older boy pulled her into a hug and giving her a moon necklace.

"No one wants it. You never knew about your parents decision either. We will be together again. Not today, tomorrow or for the next coming years. I promise, we'll be back together"

"Me no understand!"

"You'll remember me every time you watch your TV!"

"Pabo, Haeiin oppa. Neomu neomu thalanghaeyo"

"Oppa loves you too"

"Pwomise to tweach me again, ara?"

The older boy wiped the tears away from the girl's face. He gave her lots of reassurance that they will be together again.

That they will not be separated again.

That fate will bring them back together.

That the strings of friendship will bind them together again.

The four year old girl cried a lot as she bid farewell to her Haeiin oppa. Her mother gave him a thankful and yet, apologetic smile as she patted the 16 year old boy's head.

March 29, 2002 in circle was the word carved on a cherry blossom tree in the street of Seoul. The day they last met each other.

The tree where they last stayed and played together.

Before they both got separated from each other.

No one knows when they will see each other again. Only fate has the answer.