Workout

Exercise

It’s finally our semestral break. I was really excited to go home to our house in the province. I’ve been renting an apartment in Seoul while studying to save up money and even time. Most of the time, I go home weekly or some times twice a month, depending on how busy I am. Now I can spend longer time with my parents and some other relatives.

I went to the bus station, got on the bus, wore my earphones and played my playlist. I arrived after an hour of travel.

My parents aren’t home, they went to somewhere. I entered the house and went directly to my room. I unpacked and went downstairs. I tried looking for food because I was already hungry. While reheating some food, our telephone rang.

“Hello?”, I said. “Ya! You didn’t tell me you are going home today.”, my cousin said. Before I could answer him, he added “Go here at my house! I have food here. I have something to give you too.” “Ne.”, I answered.

I immediately turned off the microwave and placed the food on the table. “It wouldn’t turn bad, I think.”  I said myself. I changed into more presentable clothes and I head out.

I don’t really like spending time with my cousin. He likes to nag about my health and about other things. I appreciate his tips and advices but sometimes it is just too much.

Our house is quite near to his, when I arrived, I rang the doorbell. I tried opening the gate and to my surprise it is open, probably because he was expecting me.

“Dongwan oppa! I’m here!”, I shouted because I don’t know where to find him. “Go to the kitchen, ppali!”, he shouted.  I went to the kitchen and saw him preparing something.

“Sit down. I’m already done.”, he said.

I sat down and he immediately placed the food in front of me. It was jjangmyeon with egg. I thought he was going to serve something grander than this. “Well, this is also good.”, I thought to myself. “Thank you for the meal.”, I said. “Eat, I’ll just prepare a drink. This is really healthy.” he said.

“How long will you stay here?”, he asked. “I think I have a month.” I think I have a month.”, I answered. “That’s great! Every morning, you’ll come here and let’s do some workout routines. I think you’ve gained weight.”, he said. I chocked on my food and stared at him.

“It would be nice to burn all the fats before another semester starts. I’ll see you tomorrow. Arasseo?”, he said. I didn’t answer because I don’t know what to say.

“Here. It’s Lemon and ginger tea with honey. I got the honey from the Korean bees I have been raising.” he said and gave me the glass. “You want to see it?”, he asked. “Probably next time.” I answered.

I just let him tell his stories while I was eating. He was telling the CF he made with Naturalize, the movie he was working on and some other things. He mentioned about his bees and his horse. Suddenly his doorbell rang.

Yes! I’m saved.”, I thought. It was my parents, they came to get me. I celebrated in my mind. We said goodbye and left Dongwan oppa.

I was really excited for this break that I actually stayed up late watching some series I have to catch up on to.

“YA! Wake up! It’s already 9 in the morning!”, I heard somebody said. I opened my eyes and saw my cousin. “Oppa, why are you here?”, I asked. “Did you forget what I told you yesterday? Get ready in 10 minutes.”, he ordered.

I immediately prepared while recalling the conversation yesterday. “.”, I uttered. “I have to do this the whole break?”, I thought to myself. When I went down, Dongwan oppa was talking with my parents.

“We will get going.” he said to my parents. “See you later mom and dad.”, I said.

When we arrived at his house, he started giving my routines to do. “This is just easy; the routine will just be for an hour. This will be a piece of cake.”, he said. “Let’s get started.”, he added.

We started jogging, then he should be the equipment he set up beforehand. I gulped when I saw it, “Don’t worry you won’t use that yet. You’ll do the basics first.” You’re going to do 3 sets of sit ups then use the weights I have here.”, he said.

After finishing the workout, I felt like I was already dying. “Come here! Drink the shake I prepared for you!”, Dongwan oppa said. I went inside and changed first because I was sweaty. After changing, I drank the shake and went home.

“Wake early tomorrow. You don’t want me to pick you up again right?”, he said. “Yes, I would definitely wake up early.

The next few days went by really quickly. I feel better with my body. After the workouts, I would start hanging out with my cousin.

I watched him get honey from his bees. He even allowed me to ride his pet horse (I was really scared, I don’t want to do it anyways).

“You look better now cousin! I’m proud of you!”, he said. “Thanks. At first, I thought I would give up in a week but I was able to survive. Thanks oppa!”, I said. “You still have 3 days left before your vacation ends, do whatever you want. Just make sure not to gain weight”, he winked and laughed. “I won’t! I don’t want all the hard work go to waste.”, I waved and left him.

The next three days, I spend time with my parents and went to some good places in our hometown. I took a lot of photos and tried painting some of the sceneries I saw.