fin.

11:11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We need to fly her to Seoul as soon as possible since she had her heart transplant there and her records are all there," Dr. Myoui explains to both Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung. 

 

"She can fly for 13 hours?" Jeongyeon asks.

 

"Yes, since the plane is equipped with medical appliances. And it would be better to fly her for 13 hours rather than doing a 13 hours surgery that we know nothing about," Mina answers to both of them.

 

"Anymore questions?" 

 

"Are you sober now?" Chaeyoung asks, but not to Mina, it is for Jeongyeon.

 

"Pardon?" Jeongyeon is confused by the sudden question.

 

"Are you sober? Are you past your addictions?" Chaeyoung goes again.

 

"My mom said I'm an addict? She caught me smoking pot once! When I was a teenager!" Jeongyeon is fuming at what he just heard. His mother has been telling Chaeyoung and god knows who else that he's a drug addict. Mina moves nearer to Jeong's side, her hand on his back trying to calm her boyfriend.

 

"Then why didn't you call her for 7 years? What kind of a child are you?" Chaeyoung asks again.

 

"What? That's bullcrap! What kind of mother didn't come to her son's first play and cuts contact with her son entirely when he gets into Juilliard?" Jeongyeon lashes out before leaving the confused Chaeyoung. Mina apologise to the people sitting nearby before leaving the scene. Mina figure that Jeong would need some times alone and they would talk at home tonight.

 

-

 

"Mom," Jeongyeon utter as he enter his mother's room. Chaeyoung, his step father's son is there too, peeling orange for his mother.

 

"You look good," is what his mother replies to him, continuing to talk to Chaeyoung, thanking him for the orange.

 

"Why don't you ever call me back?"

 

"Are you still an actor?"

 

"Mom-"

 

"Chaeyoung here is an engineer, having a normal 9-5 work, and you?" 

 

"Does it still matter? Does it not matter to you that I'm happy with what I'm doing? I wanted to live my life," Jeongyeon says, defending himself. His mother has never understood him. All this while it was his father who has been supporting his dreams to be an actor.

 

"You wanted to live your life, without me. And everyone knows that being an actor can never give you a promising future." Mrs Son replies, not even looking at Jeongyeon.

 

"Jeong, you don't have to this right now, her blood pressure is rising," Mina interrupted as the machine next to Mrs Son started beeping at fast rate. But Jeongyeon wasn't listening to her.

 

"I never said I wanted to live my life without you! You were the one who pushed me away!" Jeongyeon goes again, this time raising his voice to avoid his mother hearing the cracking in his voice.

 

"BEEP BEEP BEEP"

 

"Her blood pressure is rising at very fast rate, we need to take her to the ICU right now!" Mina command the nurse, taking Mrs. Son to ICU with Chaeyoung chasing after them, leaving Jeongyeon alone in the room.

 

-

 

The 3 hours surgery went well, doctors from Seoul gives out possible reason to the heart to almost stop working and Dr Myoui along with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter