Demon in my heart

BTS drabbles collection

                                                                   

 

"Where is she?" You heard Jimin's angry voice way before you could see him. Actually, now that you had heard him, you didn't want to see him at all but sadly for you there was no other way. And you couldn't possibly let your sister deal with him either while hiding in your room. Angry Jimin, thankfully, didn't happen often but whenever it did happen you would always find a way to get away from him for your own safety. 

 

And now more than ever.

 

Now that you knew what he was.

 

"She doesn't want to see you, Jimin." Your sister said calmly and yet you knew it was just a facade. Ever since you told her about the 'fight' with Jimin, she had been upset and wanted to protect you from him. If only she knew from what she was truly trying to protect you.

 

You pulled yourself out of your bed. You reached the door of your room, your hand froze mid air as you hesitated for a moment. Should you come out and face him? It had been only three days since the last time you saw him but it felt way longer. 

 

You peeked through the half-opened door. Your sister blocked Jimin at the door, her hands resting on her hips, trying to look taller than she was, trying to look intimidating but it didn't quite work and you believed she knew it too. Jimin wasn't the tallest guy in the world but the aura around him was so strong, dominating that people around him just surrender without a fight. Your sister, however, was not as easy as he thought she was. Many people before Jimin had tried to bully her but her tongue and her mind were sharper and nobody could win a fight against her. Not even you.

 

"Soojin, let me see her." Jimin was trying to keep his anger at bay, you felt it by how his voice was deep, vibrating which was so unnatural of him. 

 

"Listen. You've done more than enough." Soojin snapped at him.

 

"And what would you know huh?" He snorted at her boldness. 

 

Jimin had to admit that stubbornness and boldness ran in your family. The fire in Soojin's eyes were just the same as yours and it was probably the familiarity that prevented him from snapping hard at her. If another person had dared speaking to him this rudely, something ugly would have happened. 

 

"I know enough! I won't let you hurt her."

 

"Cute." 

 

You didn't like how Jimin sounded and you liked even less the lack of response from your sister -especially since she hated being called cute. You pushed the door with too much strength, barging in the room, expecting almost to see a bloody crime scene. Except it wasn't.

 

Jimin had lifted your sister from the floor, bringing her unconscious body to the couch and laying her down gently, without a word. You were speechless and a tiny bit worried for what he had done to her.

 

"She's sleeping." Jimin said without looking at you and yet he knew exactly what was running through your little head. He pulled the blanket over your sister, making sure that she was comfortable -it did surprised you, before finally turning around and looking at you. 

 

"I know."

 

His eyes flickered, turning from warm brown to red to finally back to brown. If the first time you saw those red eyes, it shocked you, frightened you, now it felt different. A tiny part of you was still scared because it knew and understood the danger that Jimin's nature represented and yet the biggest part of you, the one that was helplessly in love with him couldn't help but find those eyes fascinating.

 

"I'm surprised you used the door." You admitted

 

"I assumed you wouldn't like me using my powers."

 

You cocked a brow at him as your eyes darted back and forth between him and your sister's sleeping figure. You crossed your arms over your chest and simply stared intensely at him.

 

"Well except-" Jimin started defending himself before realizing with the soft look in your eyes that you were simply messing with him. While you still could. He sighed in defeat. "Sorry."

 

Looking at him, you had a hard time believing that Jimin was in fact a demon. Nothing, except for the flicker in his eyes, could give him away. Not his physical traits, not his behavior and even less his personality. Jimin was one of the sweetest person you had ever met and yet he deceived you in a way nobody else could.

 

Of course, I had to fall in love with a demon.

 

"What do you want, Jimin?" You finally dared to ask what was bothering you ever since he got there. Of course, you had a slight idea but you needed to hear it from him first. "Hold on. Is Jimin even your name?"

 

"It is." Jimin mumbled, looking almost unease under your judging eyes that suddenly didn't seem so soft and nice. It almost amused you how Jimin was uncomfortable with your staring, with your lack of emotions which was only a facade because you were, on contrary, overwhelmed. 

 

It was hard to look at the man before you. Your heart was treacherous, pounding hard in your chest, squeezing tightly every time you would look at him. No, your mind couldn't wrap your mind around the fact that Jimin was not human.

 

"I didn't lie when I said I care for you." Jimin's voice brought you back from your contemplation but his words only made you snort, refusing to believe him. "Y/N…"

 

"You don't expect me to believe you, do you?" You asked bitterly. "Demons don't care for humans. They push them to sin. Did you want to corrupt my soul too?"

 

You wanted him to stop you. You wanted him to deny your accusations, to assure you that it wasn't that bad but Jimin kept his mouth shut and only looked at you. Slowly, you felt your walls crumbling. You bit your lips in hope to control your feelings, to control the tears that were threatening to spill from your eyes. But you failed. Without you being able to control it, a whimper escaped your lips; you shut your eyes tightly, turning your head to the side so he couldn't see your face. 

 

"Why are you here, Jimin?"

 

Jimin took a step towards you, his arm raised, ready to reach for your face and wipe away the tear that rolled down your cheek. But your body moved on its own and you took two steps backward. You immediately looked at him, a flash of panic in your eyes. He halted for a moment, his face twisted in something close to pain.

 

"I came to apologize. And explain myself." Jimin lowered his arm in defeat.

 

"What is there to explain? You're a demon, I'm a human. There's nothing we can do about it except it up." By the end of your sentence, tears were rolling down your cheeks and there was nothing you could do to stop them. If you thought discovering his nature was devastating - admitting out loud that this relationship was bound to sink felt so much worse. 

 

"Y/N" He didn't let you time to speak any further as he appeared just before you, his warm hands cupping your cheek, his eyes searching yours.

"Stop it." You begged and shut your eyes once again. Jimin was making things way too hard for you. For a demon, not like you knew any other, he was really good at making you believe that he was sincere.

 

"Y/N." He repeated more softly than ever causing your heart to sank. "Look at me." But you shook only your head. You feared opening your eyes, looking at his deceiving face. You couldn't let him trick you.

 

And yet.

 

The moment he wiped your tears with his thumbs you opened your eyes meeting his gentle gaze. 

 

"I want to stay with you." He confessed, his thumbs kept brushing your cheeks, gaze boring into yours. "I wish I could spend the rest of my long life with you."

 

"But you can't." You couldn't prevent the words that slipped out of your mouth. Words that were so painful for both of you. Jimin bit his lower lip before nodding. 

 

"No. I can't." 

 

Jimin let go of your face but before his arms could fall you grabbed his hands. It could be a trick and he could still be deceiving you but you just couldn't let go of him so easily. Not yet. Not when your heart was beating so fast and so hard for him. Not when your whole body was screaming for you to hold him.

 

"Show me your face, Jimin." You whispered, your lips brushing lightly his knuckles as you said those words. 

 

Jimin had expected many things from you but certainly not this. Not many humans saw his real face and he didn't want you to be one of the few who did. He was scared. Scared to see hatred and disgust in your eyes.

 

"Y/N. This is a bad idea." He tried

 

"It's fine. I want to see." You really wanted to see. You knew a Jimin, now you wanted to see the real him just so your heart could fully be his. "Please."

 

How could Jimin possibly resist your pleadings? He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath, he slowly let go of the magic around him. His eyes were back being red. His lips turned black. His hair were no longer black but ashy. And then, there was this  red moon crescent right in the middle of his forehead. You should be scared. No, you should be terrified and your instinct should tell you to run for your life, for your soul but you didn't budge. 

 

Yes, a part of you found his true form terrifying, however, you found him just as beautiful. 

 

You didn't say a word and only observed closely his face. You let your hand hovering his face without touching until you couldn't resist the call. You brushed the mark on his forehead with your fingertip before letting slid your forefinger right on his nose, bumping playfully the tip before stopping at his lips. Just as tempting as ever. 

 

Jimin watched your every move, dreading the moment you would speak your mind. And yet, the way you looked at him, the way you touched him, it made him hope. 

 

"You're still the same, aren't you?" You took a step closer towards him, leaving almost no room between your bodies. Your hand rested on his cheek as you stared at him. "Yeah, you're still the same."

 

"Y/N, I'm-" But you didn't let him finish and stood on your tiptoes before finally claiming his lips. It was a light brush of your lips but it was more than enough to stop him from talking nonsense. 

 

"I love you. Human, demon, doesn't matter." You confessed, pouring your heart out. "I want to believe you. I want to trust you when you say you want to spend the rest of your life with me." You pecked his lips again and a small smile spread on your lips. "Maybe it's a bad idea but I don't care. I want to be with you too."

 

"For better, for worse and till death do us part huh?"