One

Out of all Accidents, You're my favorite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~

Truthfully speaking, I am already used to with this set up. It's not the first time that Jeongyeon had asked me to meet someone I don't know. There was once that she told me to see a girl, and that lady turned out to be straight and was only asking for love advices so she sought perspective from different people. It was a mess. I didn't talk to Jeongyeon and Jihyo for a week after that embarrassment. There's also one time that they've arranged me with a brokenhearted, both of us only ended up drinking while I listened to her cries.

They both want me to date someone. It's like they're getting obsessed that's why they keep on setting me up. They wouldn't stop, they always have this excuse that it's unfair how I am the only one who's single out of the three of us and I'm the only one who haven't dated anyone ever since. They badly want me to have an experience.

It's not a bad thing, I know my friends just wanted to help me out as I always manage to ruin any relationship that's about to spark between me and someone. It's either, I'd forget that a second date was scheduled, or I'd do embarrassing things that's not supposed to be shown in first dates; because you need to impress the person right? You need to give off a memorable impression. However, I am the total opposite of that. All of them are memorable, it's just that, they're not in a good way.

"This time I am not going to say the name of the one you're meeting. You always jinx it when you know." Jeongyeon stands on her ground with arms crossing on her chest.

"How am I supposed to know who then?" I huffed, sounding so bored.

"I'll tell you the color of what she's wearing and don't worry, you'll meet in a café. You can't possibly miss this right?" Jeongyeon eyes me seriously. 

"I don't know." I shrugged nonchalantly.

"This is gonna be the last one, I won't help you after this."

At the back of my mind I was chanting happily, that's what I've always wanted. Yes please! End this!

~

This is it, today is the day. I wore the ones I find myself most comfortable with, sweatpants and a hoodie. The weather is a bit cold, I find my attire suitable even more. I didn't dare to tell Jeongyeon that I'm gonna show myself up wearing this, she'd go mad. 

I carefully scanned the area to look for a girl wearing white. There are three that I saw. The first one, seated on the center part of the café is totally not included on the list. The woman looked like she's over 40 and I know Jeongyeon wouldn't set me up for a sugar mommy, she can't just do that to me without my consent.

One of the two that was left has her spot on the right wing. She's all alone, with a slice of cake on her table and a drink beside it, I can assume she's the one. I was few steps away from her table when suddenly a man walk past by me and stopped in front of the lady. "Hi babe, I'm sorry I got caught in the traffic."

I quickly made a u-turn to avoid the impending smooch that was about to happen between the two. I facepalmed mentally as I close my eyes. That was too close. I could have done something I'd regret, and I would really choke Jeongyeon by then.

A sigh escaped my lips as I turned to the only one who's left in my list. Her back is facing me so I didn't get a proper sight of what she looks like.

I cleared my throat once I was beside her. The woman stopped reading and lifted her face.

Goodness! I should have worn proper clothes instead of these if I had known I'd be meeting an angel.

"Yes? May I help you?" her voice sounded as beautiful as her gorgeous face.

"I- uhh. I'm sorry, am I late? I didn't mean to I promise." I wagged both of my hands nervously. My eyes landed on the things she has on her table. There was a notebook, a book about biology, then there's a frappé. The woman didn't say a word so I continued talking to keep the atmosphere going. "Is it okay if I sit here? My friend didn't say whom I'll be meeting in this blind date, I didn't see you right away."

It took few seconds for the girl to nod and mumble a tiny yes. After hearing her response, I didn't waste any time to settle myself down.

"My bad, I haven't introduced myself yet; my name is Nayeon." I offered the brightest smile, it's a good thing I brushed my teeth twice before going here because I felt unsatisfied. 

"Myoui Mina." she replied softly. I don't think I can get over with the fact that everything about her screams delicate, she's like a plushie with a tag handle with care.

"Myoui? You're a Japanese?" I asked and leaned a bit as I rested my chin on my palm, elbows supporting against the table.

Mina nodded. "I just transferred school last week." 

I hummed and looked at the ID she has next to her notebook. "We're from the same school!" I enthusiastically announced upon the discovery.

"We are?" Mina frowned a bit, looking curious as well.

"Yes." I grinned. It made me wonder how Jeongyeon got her number. Maybe it's Jihyo, after all Jihyo knows a lot of people in our campus.

Silence hovered over us. I quickly think about what to say to break it, but it must be not my day because my mind had gone blank. I somehow blame the gorgeous woman in front of me, she's so breathtaking that I can't think of anything other than how I'm underdressed, how she probably thinks I am lame and please dear lord, let her be gay. I don't know what I'll do to Jeongyeon if she had set me up to a straight woman again and she would only feed me an excuse that she didn't know because she got the contacts from tinder.

"Do you want to get out from here?"

After seeing the unreadable expression Mina had given me, I realized that what I asked may have came out in a very wrong way. I stood up from the chair right away.

"Oh my god, no, I didn't mean anything bad or whatever. Please forgive me." I hang my head low to hide my face. I always manage to do something embarrassing which is totally not cool.

What I hear was a giggle instead. It was so divine and melodic that I could hum to it. "It's okay, don't ramble."

"Am I rambling?" my face still felt like it's on fire, but even so, I still lifted my head to see her.

"Yes you are." Mina nodded.

I unconsciously pouted at her remarks. "You must be thinking I'm a total weirdo and what I'm wearing added to that idea." I slowly insert my hands in the pockets of the pants I'm wearing. I was starting to sweat and I didn't even know why.

Mina shook her head. "You look comfortable and soft, it's cute."

My intestines felt like they're knotting each other. It's not the first time I was called cute; that's why I don't understand why I'm acting like a preteen who got a confession from her crush. I started playing with fabric in my pocket. I wanted to act calm about it but my body is terribly failing me. But on the other hand, she called me cute, she's totally not straight right?

"So where would we go?" Mina asked as she stood up from her seat. She gathered her things and thankfully, I didn't stay rooted on the ground watching her do all of that without offering a help, because that would be a complete turn off. Mina declined at first but I was persistent, she gave me her book for me to hold as she placed all other things inside her bag.

"I know a nearby arcade, and not trying to boast myself but I am pretty good at it." I grinned.

"Really? Let's see." Mina quipped.

I reached for the door to open it for her, Mina mouthed thank you.

"Is that a challenge I hear from you Myoui?" I a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter