there is no cure, yet, everyone suffers

so far but close
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“Ahh!” Irene had enough of this day. Her members were constantly scaring her and pranking her as if it was April’s Fool day instead.

 

Her spirit was dampened and she wanted to lock herself in her room. It would be a futile escape but it was the only option besides going to spend her day outside alone.

 

Joy snickered, fleeing to the kitchen where the other members were eating.

 

Irene sighed, lifting her hand to rub her temple. Her poor heart was pounding away from the paranoia. One of these days… she thought, grimacing. Her members were asking for a beating. She headed to the living room, hoping for some solace.

 

It was 4 pm when she woke up from a nap on the couch, feeling disoriented at how she fell asleep. 

 

Irene blinked the sleep away, stretching her torso as she glanced around. It looks like her friends spared her from their activities. Irene yawned, they should be out and about on the streets, maybe by the time they come back to the dorm, she will have finished cooking up.

 

She hoped they didn’t consume too much sugar, such things should be consumed in moderation. She would have to keep an eye on Yeri, Joy, and Seulgi. These munchers would disregard her word from the beginning. Unlike Wendy, who was…not as bad.

 

She wrote down a list of ingredients to buy from the local convenience store, hoping this amount would be just enough to satisfy their voracious appetites.

 

When it neared to 5 pm, she went out to grab the food and prepare it before the members got back from their excursion. It was a relatively peaceful time to herself as she shopped and walked, carrying three fulls bags as her eyes took in the warm tones of the sky.

 

She had made enough for each muncher, knowing after they got off their sugar high they would be wiped out after a hearty meal. She cared a great deal for each of them. Often, she memorized any changes they had in what they ate even if they were too exhausted to cook, Irene would push away any fatigue in her muscles to make a simple meal before they went off to their rooms.

 

When it was 7:30 pm she heard the door open faintly, hearing the girls chatter made her perk up. She paused the music and put down her book to stand, she took a peek down the hall. Three women dressed in different outfits were taking their shoes and jackets off.

 

“You’re back so early,” Irene blurted out, hand coming up to cover .

 

“Yeah, we’re too old for this. We saw so many teenagers and kids several blocks away.” Wendy sighed out, twisting her back to rid of any stiffness.

 

Seulgi sat on the floor, putting her bag of candy beside her and Joy groaned, “No kidding. Yeri is still out there, she fit right in.”

 

“She said she’ll be home soon!” Seulgi teased, noticing the worried expression on their leader’s face. Yeri was their gem, they each reminded her to text them when she was coming home or not feeling well.

 

Irene held out her hands, gesturing for the bags. The rest pouted, hesitatingly giving her their bags. Seulgi opened but Irene said, “no. Not even a bite.” Then turned and went to the kitchen. Time to start cooking.

 

x - - x - - x

 

Yeri unlocked the door slowly, hoping it would stay quiet and no one was staying up for her arrival. She inched inside at a snail’s pace, setting her full bag on the coat hangar. She would come to collect it in seven hours anyways. The slightest sound would wake up their leader.

 

Biting her lip, she took her outside stuff and walked past the living room to head to her room, feeling a sense of relief. Mission accompli—

 

“Stop right there, Kim Yerim.”

 

Her body paused, a shiver ran down her spine. Yeri could feel the ‘serious leader’ stare Irene adopted every once in a while and neither of the members liked it on them. It was an alluring gaze their fans went crazy for but they knew from experience when Irene spoke with that certain look in her eyes, it was a law to obey. Sometimes she didn’t even have to speak at all, the ‘telepathy’ they would joke about was easily picked up after years of being a group.

 

Irene walked closer to Yeri’s still body. “Do you know what time it is?”

 

Yeri frowned, feeling a faint annoyance well up. “Yes!” She bit out. “It’s currently midnight.” 

 

She could smell Irene’s scent wafting up, the fabric softener was gentle on her senses and unconsciously calmed her racing heart.

 

A warm hand landed on her shoulder, still covered by her black cape. Yeri could feel the makeup stiffen in her face slightly. It has been hours with it on. She ne

Please log in to read the full chapter