end

candy boy

A voice woke me up as I was sleeping

(jada kkaen moksori)

A tangled melody

(heongkeureojindeutan Melody)

Caramel waterfall

Secretly, the two of us met

(mollae duriseo mannasseo)

- the story begins: candy boy


Nayeon was tired. They had a full schedule today: filming CFs, fanmeetings, and preparing for their comeback. Some members are still staying out because of their individual schedules like Sana, Mina, Dahyun, and Tzuyu. The rest of the members were in the dorm already. Jeongyeon was cooking their dinner, and Jihyo was showering. Momo and Chaeyoung were playing a game, and Nayeon was just sitting in the living room, idly watching a random show playing on the TV.

 

Sigh, when will they get back?

 

Time passed by slowly, as Nayeon waited for the other girls to return. They've already finished eating, so they were already cleaning themselves up. Jihyo went ahead and slept first, followed by Chaeyoung. Jeongyeon and Momo locked themselves in their room doing God knows what. Nayeon waited for a while in the living room but as the clock struck 11, Nayeon sighed and went to her room. She checked her phone for any messages and didn't receive anything.

 

She must be busy, I shouldn't bother.

 

---

It's been an hour and Nayeon was just laying on her bed, facing the wall, when she heard the door open slowly. She heard Sana's voice and a sound of her jumping onto her bed. Outside the room, she heard the water running. After what seems like a long time, she felt the lights in the hallway turn off. She faced the other way and saw Sana's empty bed.

 

She must be sleeping with Tzuyu again. I swear if Jihyo catches them...

 

She faced the wall again but then she suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist, becoming a small spoon. Nayeon wanted to turn around but the girl's grip was strong.

 

"Mina-yah... What took you so long? I've been waiting for you." Nayeon whined to her girlfriend. She heard a soft chuckle but didn't receive a response.

 

"Are you tired? Face the other way, Mina." The penguin obliged and Nayeon started massaging the knots on her shoulder. Lately, Mina has been stressed from their schedules but Nayeon couldn't do anything about it. They just returned from an overseas trip the other day, so no one had a proper rest. Mina turned around, facing Nayeon.

 

"Mianhe, unnie. I promised that we'll watch a movie tonight. They made us stay later than usual today." It was dark in the room, but Nayeon could feel Mina's pout.

 

"It's okay, it wasn't your fault anyways. But you owe me a movie date now." Nayeon joked. They were just hanging in comfortable silence when Mina suddenly sang softly,

 

Talking at night with a rainbow in the sky

(mujigaega tteuneun bam yaegi)

My hand feels hot when it brushes you

(neorang daeun soni tteugeoweotji)

It seems like my lips are shaking

(ipsul gateun geon neomu tteollyeo)

But I pretend not to notice, like a fool

(moreuneun cheok haesseo babogachi)

 

Nayeon loved it when the girl sang, her voice gentle and soft. It feels like those moments when your mother would sing you a lullaby. She closed her eyes and kept her ear out as the girl sang.

 

I keep feeling like I'm out of breath

(sumi jakku meomchuneun geot gata)

I'm dizzy, this is like a dream

(eojireowo kkumkkuneun geot gata)

 

They kept their relationship hidden for a while now, knowing how their members will react. They weren't exactly opposed to relationships, but as Jihyo said, they didn't need it right now. Especially since they just started their journey. They don't plan on coming out soon. When the morning comes, Nayeon will wake up with no Mina beside her.

 

My candy boy, my baby

Should I say we met again?

(tto mannattago malhalkka)

My candy boy, my baby

This dream is so sweet

(kkumi neomu daraseo)

I wish you were next to me

(nuneul tteodo nae gyeoten)

Even when I open my eyes

(neoyeosseumyeon jokesseo)

My candy boy, my baby

Gotta have you, gotta love you

 

Mina and Nayeon have accepted the cruel fate they have, but they know that one day, they won't need to hide. Mina doesn't show it as much as Nayeon, but she wants the older one to be beside her every second. It hurts her to know that they can't be open around each other as much. Mina continued singing more songs until the older fell asleep. She slowly moved out of Nayeon's bed to avoid waking her up. This has become their daily (technically, nightly) routine. She knelt down and placed a soft kiss on Nayeon's forehead.

 

"Sleep tight, my baby."

 

---

In the morning, Nayeon wakes up to a note (instead of a certain penguin) beside her pillow.

 

Good morning, Nayeonnie. I cooked breakfast today. I'm sorry you won't be able to see me this morning. Jihyo and I have to film for a show. See you tonight. I love you.

 

Nayeon smiled, feeling love pouring out of the small note. They both continued their day with ocassional texts and calls from each other.

 

Usually, Nayeon arrives home first but due to some problems with their MV filming, Mina got home first. The younger decided to cook some for Nayeon, knowing that she doesn't eat during their schedules. After all, it was the least she could do.

 

When Nayeon arrived, she was greeted by the familar smell of Mina's cooking. She peeked in the kitchen, confirming her suspicions. It was quite late, so all the members should be in their room. She surprised Mina with a backhug and lazy kiss. Nayeon was tired from her schedule but coming home to this was enough to put a smile on her face.

 

---

They were on Mina's bed this time, and Nayeon was peppering her face with kisses. But she suddenly stopped her and held Nayeon's face.

 

"Nayeonnie... Maybe we should tell them already. I want to kiss you without hiding, I want to cuddle with you and wake up beside you every morning..." Mina's voice sounded weak, pleading. Tears were threatening to fall from her eyes.

 

"I'm not sure, Mina... You heard what they told us, didn't you? A 3-year relationship ban. If the company finds out about this-" Nayeon was cut off by Mina's sudden kiss.

 

All of a sudden, they heard a cough and they saw Jihyo watching them. Nayeon immediately sat up and started spouting excuses to Jihyo, when the latter suddenly laughed.

 

"Yah, Nabongs. Don't worry. I didn't see anything." She gave them both a wink, and returned to her bed.

 

Nayeon's heart was still threatening to burst out of her chest when she heard Mina's soft giggles behind her. The older just gave her a glare and plopped beside Mina. This time, Nayeon sang to her. As she was about to fall asleep, Mina thought,

 

This feels right.

 

And she wouldn't trade Nayeon for anything in the world.


Candy boy, gotta have you, gotta love you

Show me, show me, show me

What you, what you got

Candy boy, gotta have you, gotta love you

Show me, show me, show me

What you, what you got