It’s Always Been You (And You)

It’s Always Been You (And You)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“...5, 6, 7, 8!” Momo yells over the speakers, and the three girls move in perfect synchronization, working through the steps that were already ingrained in their muscle memory. They move as one unit, channeling their wants, hopes, dreams, and passions into their craft, never tiring.

 

Until Sana lets out a yelp, tumbling to the ground. Momo stops the music immediately, and Mina rushes to her side.

 

“It’s fine, really- I think I just twisted it a little,” Sana mutters, teary-eyed, as both girls fuss over her like worried mothers. “I was just being clumsy… didn’t watch where I was putting my foot down,” she smiles, more grimace than not, trying to brush them off.

 

“You need to treat it early so it won’t get worse,” Mina commands, swatting at Sana’s hands so she can get a better look. “Take off your shoe, Sattang. I think I have an ace bandage in my bag…” 

 

All three girls wince when they see the slight swelling. It’s not too bad, thankfully, and Sana probably only needs a few days of rest.

 

“Momoring, can you get her some ice? I’m gonna see what else there is we can do,” Mina instructs, already unofficially the commander in this situation. Momo nods, dashing out of the practice room in search for the cafeteria. 

 

“I’m sorry,” Sana sniffles, breaking the silence that follows. Mina lifts her gaze from where she’s trying to wrap Sana’s ankle, making sure it’s snug but not too tight. 

 

“I just wanted this to be perfect, since it’s a J-line performance and all- I wanted it to be special. It is special. This is probably the most important performance to me and to us- and I- I’ve ruined it-“

 

Sana lets out a squeak of surprise when she feels Mina’s lips on hers, almost falling backward and catching herself with one arm, the other wrapping around Mina’s shoulders. Mina kisses her once more, softly, tenderly, before pulling away.

 

“I-I’m sorry,” Mina says once they part, scooting back so there’s a foot of space between them. “You looked so worried and upset and I’ve been wanting to do that for so long and I-“

 

Sana shuts her up by tugging her closer once again and kissing her properly this time.



 



 

Momo’s lost. She doesn’t know how she could possibly be lost in the JYP building when she’s been here countless times, but she is. 

 

Seeing Sana hurt makes her gut wrench in a horrifying way, and it’s all her fault. She was the one who asked them to practice earlier today, knowing that the other two girls were probably exhausted from their recent schedules.

 

Stupid Momo, not everyone wants to dance so early in the morning like you. And now she’s hurt because of you.

 

Momo shakes herself out of her mocking thoughts as she finally finds the ice she’s been looking for, making a quick trek back to the dance practice room.

 

She’s too focused on trying not to drop the extremely large bag of ice - probably gratuitous in hindsight, that when she looks up, she does just what she tried so hard not to do and drops the whole bag. 

 

The harsh sound of ice crashing to the ground causes the two girls to jerk away from one another, and the three just stare at one another for a moment before Momo takes off, leaving two panicked girls and one dilapidated bag of ice behind.



 



 

Momo’s never denied that Sana is pretty. From the first day she met her all those years ago, and every day after that, she’s always been mesmerized by how adorable her best friend truly is. Every time they go out on one of their friendly dates or stay in to watch a drama, she finds herself stealing extra glances when she can. 

 

She loves it when Sana wraps herself around her back and when she makes those cute faces when Momo feeds her a spoonful of yogurt. The soft giggles, playful banter, and the way she can truly be herself around the bubbly girl forced their way into her heart and made a home there. Momo came to terms with her crush on Sana long ago.

 

And then there was Mina. When Mina first showed up, it’s like something finally clicked. Sana and Momo. Momo and Sana. They were always joined at the hip, and Momo never once felt the need for more. But somehow, when Mina joined them, everything truly felt right. 

 

Watching Mina dance makes something within Momo stir. She remembers the feeling of being challenged, finally wanting to prove herself to another peer in something she’s always excelled at. Their competitiveness soon turned into friendly banter, and the two dancers shared in their love for the art, for the passion, for the way their bodies hurt when they exerted themselves to their limit.

 

But it wasn’t just their shared love for dance that drew them together. Mina’s quiet smile, the slow one, the one Momo’s sure she’s never given anyone else- that’s what made Momo realize she was done for. 

 

It makes its appearance when Momo’s not sure she’s fully paying attention (but she certainly is once she sees it), when they’re cuddled up in blankets while Mina tries to teach her how to knit or when she’s showing off a new video game. It makes its appearance when Momo’s so sleepy all she wants to do is curl up in her chair and sleep forever and Mina says, “okay, honey” before pulling her into her lap and Momo feels at home. 

 

Momo’s not sure if falling in love with two girls is okay, but that’s what she’s done.

 

And now, seeing both girls who have her whole heart kiss hurts too much. She’s always known that one day, she’d have to see them go. One day, Sana would show up with a girlfriend and Momo would be happy for them. One day, Mina’s partner would come to pick her up from their dorm.

 

But not like this. Momo had to fall for the two girls who fell for one another instead.



 



 

They’re breathless, both from the kiss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter