Introduction

the one with the vlogs

Last call for passengers Momo Hirai, Jeongyeon Yoo, and Chaeyoung Son of Flight Z109 bound for Los Angeles.”

 

The three girls who had just heard their names on the speaker for the 3rd time run through the seemingly never ending airport hall, trying to get to their assigned gate.

 

“Out of all the days, you chose today to have an upset stomach!” the smallest one addressed one of her friends through chopped breaths.

 

“Blame Jeongyeon! She’s the one who insisted on us having that all-cheese meal for lunch!” the one with the upset stomach retorts in a whine.

 

“Are we really gonna argue about that right now?!” Jeongyeon says in a frustrated tone, almost breathless as they near gate 20.

 

They arrive just as the flight assistant was about to close the gate.

 

“Sir, wait!” all three yell in unison.

 

The flight assistant shakes his head but chuckles to himself as he opens back the almost closed gate for them after checking their tickets.

 

The three girls briskly through the boarding bridge, out of breath and heavily heaving.  They had a quick burst of laughter on the way through until they reached the plane door and were directed to their assigned seats.

 

There were a few whispers here and there as the three settled down.

 

“Oh my god, isn’t that Jeongyeon?” the girl just a row behind them had the most vivid voice among all whispered chatter.

 

Jeongyeon, by reflex, turned to the source of hearing her name, a teen girl who immediately gushed after making eye contact with her.  Jeongyeon gave a shy smile and pulled up her mask that she was wearing by her chin.

 

As they sat down, Chaeyoung elbowed Jeongyeon but looked over at Momo, “Of course miss five hundred subscribers would be the first to be recognized.” she teased.

 

“Shut up.” Jeongyeon says as she pulls out her camera and tripod and starts preparing it.

 

“You’re gonna do a vlog of our plane ride?” Momo asks as both Chaeyoung and her watch the girl in between them.

 

“I’m doing a vlog for this whole day.” Jeongyeon tightens the camera attachment.

Chaeyoung begins to settle in for a nap, “I’m starting when we get to the convention.” she speaks, eyes already closed.

 

For a moment, Momo’s eyes pace back and forth between Jeongyeong and Chaeyoung, trying to decide whether she should start her vlog and go to sleep first.

 

She decides the latter.

 

“I barely slept last night so I’m gonna need to use this flight as beauty rest.” Momo then gets herself snuggled up in her hoodie.

 

After a few minutes of having their eyes closed, they could hear Jeongyeon start, “It’s 5:00am and we barely made it to our flight for Los Angeles but here we are!  As you may already know, I was invited to Youtubers Fest, so that’s exciting.  It got more exciting because I’m heading there together with my best friends…” her voice starts to fade in Momo and Chaeyoung’s ears as they fall in slumber.

 

---

 

Their flight arrives with no delay and they were surprisingly welcomed by a crowd of fans.  The three girls couldn’t stop smiling and tried to receive every single gift that was handed to them on their way to their van.

 

“We’ll see you guys at the event!” Jeongyeon waves goodbye with a grin.

 

“Let’s take a lot of pictures there!” Momo apologetically smiles after she had to turn down several selfies as the small crowd was getting rowdy and they were on a schedule.

 

Chaeyoung gathers all the fan letters and gifts and tucks them in her extra bag and puts on her seatbelt.

 

It was no doubt that even abroad, the girls were well-known, thus, getting the invitation for a special youtubers event.

 

Out of the three, Jeongyeon was the first one to start her own youtube account.  She started with posting videos of how fast she could eat a huge amount of a certain food.  There was a time when her most viewed video was of her eating three plates of jajangmyeon in under two minutes.  She eventually decided to broaden her content after that from doing mukbangs to pranks and random challenge videos.

 

Momo had her start as one of Jeongyeon’s victims on a prank video.  Everyone found Momo so cute that Jeongyeon invited Momo for a mukbang video due to popular demand.  She enjoyed doing it so much, she decided to do one of her own.  Now, Momo has more mukbang videos than Jeongyeon but has mixed content of dance videos and personal vlogs which seems to attract the most number of viewers.

 

Chaeyoung shares a youtube account with her girlfriend, Rosé.  Their youtube account started out as Rosé’s personal vlog until Rosé decided to do the GIRLFRIEND TAG where, of course, Chaeyoung was featured.  Naturally, they did more videos together and more people wanted to see them together so it clicked.

 

The three of them lived in the same neighbourhood and already knew each other prior to their youtube fame.  It was natural for them to become best friends after.  A hundred subscribers each later, they decided to hire a single manager, Jihyo, who also lived in the same neighbourhood and was Jeongyeon’s high school mate.  Dahyun, Chaeyoung’s best friend turned Jihyo’s assistant, never failed to tag along with them in such events.

 

The van driver drops them off at their hotel and they discussed pick up times for tomorrow’s event. 

Chaeyoung grabs her luggage while the others were still trying to gather theirs and hurries to the hotel lobby first.

 

“Babe!” Rosé calls from the front desk.

 

Chaeyoung smiles and walks to her girlfriend and was met with a tight embrace.  Rosé had already been in LA a day early to meet up with a friend who invited her for a vlog, so Chaeyoung just decided to take the flight together with her Jeongyeon and Momo.  After Rosé releases, she leaves an arm around her smaller girlfriend for the meantime.

 

The rest of the group make their way to the lobby and wait as Jihyo speaks with the receptionist regarding their arrangements.

 

They make their way to the highest level of the building to a supreme suite that took up half the space of that floor.

 

After entering the room, it took them a few minutes of being astonished by the huge place before they settled in to their different rooms.  Chaeyoung and Rosé took the room with the largest bed, while Jeongyeon, Momo, and Jihyo took the rest of the rooms, as Dahyun opted for the living room sofa that was big enough to be a whole bed for her.

 

Jet lag got the best of them and, even after all the sleep they had during their flight, they all fall in slumber.

 

---

 

For dinner that night, they were all invited to a Youtubers Fest dinner party.  The venue was a grand hall with two buffet tables lined at each corner.  The place was filled with youtubers from different places.  Most they already knew, some they just started to get acquainted with.

 

One person in particular caught Momo’s attention the entire night.  Her “crush” as Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung would to be but Momo hates to admit it.  Well, she knew she would see her here.  In fact, Momo was excited to see her here.  But now, as she watches this person slowly make her way to her, maybe she’s anxious about seeing her here, or finally meeting her here.

 

“Momo, right?” the person in a black dress that traced all of her bodies perfect curves accented with a side slit, the person Momo had been stealing glances of the entire night finally starts up a conversation with her.

 

“H-hi…Mina.” Momo, who fashioned one of her black merch tees with a denim jacket over paired with ripped jeans, cursed herself for that slight stutter.

 

Mina, who has nearly 1 million subscribers, started off with her ballet videos.  She then started doing makeup tutorials which she did out of fun in preparation for her ballet recitals.  After her subscriber number grew, she expanded to doing makeup ratings and recommendations, fashion q&a’s, and travel vlogs. 

 

“Nice to finally meet you.” Mina giggles oh so prettily.

 

Maybe Mina wanted to finally meet Momo after Momo had left one or two or more than three comments on several of her videos and it got her attention because it had the most likes.  Maybe Mina wanted to finally meet Momo after Momo had mentioned in a vlog that Mina’s makeup tutorials helped her big time for formal events.  Maybe Mina wanted to finally meet Momo after Momo had followed her on instagram and fans wouldn’t stop commenting for her to follow back when she hadn’t noticed the follow for about 48 hours.  Maybe Mina wanted to finally meet Momo after Momo sent a private message about her wanting to do video with her someday.

 

“Yeah, you too.” Momo was being unbelievably shy, she wanted to punch herself on the stomach.

 

“Wanna grab a drink with me?” Mina invites.

 

“Yeah, sure.” Momo nods and walks just slightly behind Mina to the mini bar.  They each grab a glass of champagne.

 

They make small talk as they unconsciously follow each other’s steps around the venue for some good minutes.

 

“What batch are you assigned for tomorrow?” Mina queries.

 

“Oh,” Momo had to pause and remember the text she had just received earlier that night, “I think they put me on batch 3.”

 

Mina’s face lights up, “That’s exciting! I’m on batch 3 too.”

 

“I’ll be seeing you tomorrow then.” Momo was deeply excited but doesn’t show it.

 

“We could discuss about that video you wanted to do.” Mina mentions.

 

“Yeah?” Momo blushes, “So she did think about it.” she thinks to herself

 

“Yeah!” Mina giggles oh so prettily again, “I wouldn’t forget the only time you ever messaged me for our whole mutual relationship on instagram.”

 

Momo blushes again.

 

“Yeah, sorry about that. That was so…random.” They laugh about it for a moment and Momo recalls how she had just finished watching Mina’s recent video and couldn’t stop gushing about her that she felt brave and ended up messaging her.

 

“I’m glad you were feeling random.  I enjoy watching your videos a lot and I’ve always thought we had a silent friendship going on with all the comments you leave on my videos and instagram posts. I’m sorry I was too awkward and shy to say something back.” Mina gives Momo a soft shy smile.

 

Momo can’t help but smile back, “Oh, god, that’s no big deal.  You came up to me first today. Now we’re even.”

 

They laugh and exchange a few more small talk and, soon after, exchange numbers.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Momo.”

 

“See you tomorrow, Mina.”

 

---

 

(this was a spur of the moment writing, i hope to add better and more well thought-of chapters lol)