Nothing To See Here [Revision]

Nothing To See Here [Revision]

[SinRin AU]


Yerin's POV

As I stride down on this blinding light, I remember those people who said that when you die, you will see a light and that is the gate of heaven.

But I can't see the end. My body just continue from falling.

Maybe, this is my karma. A bottomless tunnel for the crime I made.

When I finally close my eyes, a hand just slapped me.

Shocked and curious, I looked at the face of this person and oh my,

"Are you the angel of Death?"

She tilted her head sideways and stared at my eyes.

"No. I am here to take your soul out of your physical body."

I look around me and realized that I am still at my room, "So, what was the light earlier?"

I saw her lips twitched. Maybe she is annoyed by my questions.

"It is the first process when your soul is ready to harvest."

"Harvest?"

She sighed, "If I knew that you are annoying, I would've just left you wandering without your body and let those demons eat you."

This just send a chill at my neck. What the ? I am just asking.

"Anyway, I need to finish this because Death is not a fan of waiting."

I don't know what happened but I suddenly feel weightless. She starts walking at the opposite side and I just aimlessly followed her.

I sligtly tap her shoulder to ask where are we going but she just ignored me.

Even if she don't want to start a conversation to me, I started to talk.

"You know, I thought death is the ugliest thing in this world. But after this experience, it changed my mind."

I saw her head tilts on the sideways again but didn't look at me.

I know I caught her attention, I smiled widely then continue talking.

"I thought death is petrifying but seeing this cold and easily-annoyed girl in front of me; taking my soul..." I paused and stared at her back.

"...maybe, death is one of the most beautiful thing that happened in my life."

She walks slower then looked at me.

Finally.

"I've been doing this since forever and it is my first time to hear someone compliments Death." she said with a monotonous tone.

"I am not death. I am just here to deliver you on the other side." She did not say anything and continue walking.

I grabs her hand and asked, "What is it like on the other side?"

She smiled but I saw the flicker of melancholy on her eyes.

"There is nothing to see." and she walks faster.

And when we finally stopped from walking, she looked at me and said,

"This shall be your end."

"Before I go, I need to ask this. If you are not Death then what is your name?"

"It is mystery." she replied and just vanished from the thin air.

And suddenly, darkness succumbs my whole vision and just as she said...

"There is nothing to see on the other side."


-Mr. JN