Fin

Struck by Her

Busan So nyeo Junior High indoor pool gym, 15.00PM

AUTHOR POV

“Alright girls, I’ll call your name one by one and we’re going to record your speed and the result are going to be your P.E score, understood?”

“Yes Ma’am!”

“For the student who can’t swim, you can sit on the bleachers and wait until the session done. Next week, you guys will having an athletic test to fill you score, understood?” the minority nod slowly.

“Okay let’s start it girls!”

 

*PRIIIT*

 

The indoor pool starts to get noisy as the girls started splitting up. There were few who getting prepared themselves by doing warm up, and there were few who jumped into the other pool to play around with their friends. Different with all the festive vibe surrounding the students, there was one student who still wore her P.E jersey and walked sulkily to the bleachers. She just sat there and observed everything.

 

The girl’s name is Hirai Momo, a second year student. She’s really well known as one of the popular girl in the school. Her girl crush and cool image made everyone attrected to her and always secretly squealing whenever Momo pass. Moreover, Momo has a pretty and friendly twin sister that is school sweetheart. Her name is Hirai Sana, you can say that she is a womenizer because yeah... every single girl in the school fell for her charm. But although Momo is popular, right now she just sat all by herself and that because Momo was known for being cold and never really want to interect with other people except her sister, or her sister close friends. No one dares to get close to her so yeah.. she just sat there alone.

 

Seeing everyone smiling, laughing, and playing with each other in the water, slightly makes her envy and she wish she can swim. But the only thing she can do now is just sit and watch with sometime a sigh came out from her. Momo saw her twin sister being all bubbly and touchy with girls that surrounded her and they were chitchatting something. Probably new news and school rumor since Sana really love gossiping with other people.

 

Tho they are twins, they are not identical twins either it by face, or by personality. Sana is always energetic, bubbly, and she can be so kind and sweet with other people easily. That’s the reason why she’s one of the school crush. Yet Momo, she just talk nicely to people she think should get that kind of treatment and if food is brought up in the topic. Another thing that make them different, Sana is one of the swimming club ace and it’s indicate that she really good at swimming but Momo, the poor girl doesn’t even dare to put her feet into the pool.

 

Being twins, there’s some kind of signal that both of them have without they even tried to exchange it. Sana just knew that Momo probably feeling bored so she left all the girls and swam towards her dozed twin sister. But as a loyal fangirl,those girls slowly followed Sana tho they didn’t know that she was swimming towards her cold sister.

 

“Need some company there, ice princess?” asked Sana as she approaching Momo slowly

“Well if you can keep those fans of yours away from here, I don’t mind.” Sana then stopped for a moment and gave the girls sign so they could leave them alone. And thank god all of them understand it and just played by themselves.

 

Just when Sana arrived on the edge of the pool and she want to get out, but Momo stopped her

 

“A-A-A! Stop right there.” Said Momo

“Wae?” asked Sana with her meme confused face

“Don’t even think to come out from there. We can just talk like this.”

“Wae?? I left those cuties to accompany my dearest sis and this is what I got?”

“If you can guarantee you won’t be clingy to me, then i’ll let you.”

“Cih.. I can’t even be clingy to my sister right now?”

“You’re so damn wet and if you being clingy to me, my jersey will also get wet.  Wet jersey is heavy so I prefer to keep it dry.” Said Momo and hearing that excuse, Sana just complied and they talked that way. Sana floated in the pool, and Momo sat on the bleacher.

 

“You know what, those girls said that there is a new student in their class. And they also said that the girl is so pretty.”

“So.. new target?” asked Momo

“I’ll think about it once I saw her.” Momo just shook her head, completely disbelieve at her womanizer sister. Again, they’re different here. Sana really into romantic stuff and searching for girlfriend.. yet Momo, she not really into something about that. She doesn’t even have particular ideal type beside someone who loves food as much as she does.

 

“You know, being in the pool is a lot colder than sitting on that bleacher tho. Since its summer.. youk know?” Said Sana.

“This bleacher is a lot safer than that humongous bath tub.”

“Come on! You never try to swim again since little.. I’ll hold you, promise.” Said Sana

“The last time you said that, I nearly drowned and that’s the reason I don’t swim.”

“Hey, you were so heavy back then!”

“yea.. sure sorry for being a super healthy kid.”

“Hirai Sana!” sound of the P.E teacher mentions Sana’s name roaming in the gym and in just few seconds the gym full of squeal and they quickly rounded up the poolside.

 

 Hearing her name being called, Sana went out from the pool and walked towards the other pool where the test being held. On her way there, Sana was riding the spotlight and being all smiley to the students that cheered her. As a supportive and good sister, Momo decided to get closer to the pool too and watched Sana. Tho she’s not even cheering for Sana like the other.

Momo chose to squatted down and watch Sana on the opposite side of the starting line. That place was actually packed with students. But once they saw Momo tried to find good position to watch, everyone start moving and leaving Momo all by herself on that side of pool. oh not by herself then, as suddenly the P.E teacher assistance came near her and she held a stopwatch to measure the time so all the student can reported it to the teacher that stood in the start line.

But still.. her view to the pool wasn’t blocked by anyone. Although it’s slightly annoying when all the student acted like that towards her, yet on the bright side, she totally glad that she can enjoy everything without someone blocking her view.

 

Now Sana loosens up her arms, feet and neck, while eyes locked into the pool. This is what Momo and Sana share something together. Both of them are serious with everything they love and will take every single thing as an important thing. Sana will focused herself in any swimming related although it just a stupid race with friends, P.E swimming test, and of course she will focus and get serious if it’s the real race in the competition. For Momo, she loves to dance. Well nobody knows about this since she dances outside the school. But she always so determined and gives everything she got if it related to dance and food.

 

“Myoui Mina!”

 

The indoor pool suddenly filled with murmured as students started whispering to each other. Momo didn’t know why but when her eyes met Sana’s, she can see that her twin mouthed something similar like ‘that’s the transferee girl’s name’.

Few second after the teacher called that name, there’s no sign of the girl coming to the platform and so the teacher called again

 

“Myoui Mina! From class 4! Please come to the platform 4!”

 

Momo, not like the others who looked their surroundings to find the new girl, she just change her position from standing to squatted down while waited in bored. Not really curious about this Myoui Mina girl that already become the school hot topic.

 

“Myoui Mina from clas—“

 

Suddenly there’s a girl tippy-toeing hurriedly from the restroom to the platform and she bowed continuously to the teacher whom Momo guess she’s apologizing for being late. The moment Momo saw the girl, the only thing that popped in her head is a penguin. Because the way the Myoui girl ran, so resembles to penguin.

Once the teacher told her to go to the platform, the girl took of her sky blue parachute jacket and that moment, everyone grasped as they totally shocked seeing how well-shaped the girl’s body is. The grasped made the girl slightly embarrassed while slowly went up to the jumping platform. Then again, Momo didn’t really pay attention to that.. well different case with Sana whom now a little bit distracted and not as focus as before.

After all the student being called, all of them were in the position, waiting for the signals. Now somehow the girl finally stole Momo’s attention. Momo was squatting align with the girl’s position and she can saw how focused the girl is. The girl who seems shy few seconds ago, gone and all Momo saw was just a high determined girl and that made Momo held her breath when she saw that.

 

*BANG!*

*SPLASH*

 

The race started and the gun shot slightly startled Momo as she was too focused on the new girl.

 

Of course, as the swimming team ace, Sana was leading the race as soon as the race started. But it wasn’t for long because suddenly a girl went passed her. And its surprised everyone since the girl who went passed the swimming club ace, is none other than the new girl, Myoui Mina. Sana and the myoui girl were neck to neck on the race as they keep trying to be quicker then the others and win the race.

Instead of looking at her sister, Momo just stuck on looking the Myoui girl. The Myoui girl was so fast that she getting closer and closer to Momo in a really quick speed. That speed also made Momo held her breath tighter and tighter the closer she get. Don’t know why she did that but she just did.

The girl then finally arrived in front of Momo and although Momo got splashed by a tiny bit of water because she squatted too close to the pool, Momo just stay still and didn’t move a bit. Or even blink.

 

“Myoui Mina first place!”

 

The girl whose name being announced as the winner secretly let out a smile, completely satisfied with her result. But Momo saw everything and by seeing that, it seems like a weird spark struck Momo and it made her felt things that she usually only feel when she saw her favorite food.

Yes.. The girl just did some magic. It’s really the first time someone can make the foodies Momo‘s heart skipped a beat without bring any delicious and appetizing food.. more like it’s the first time for momo  to be captivated by a person not by some delicious and appetizing looking foods. Meanwhile it all just because of a small yet cute smile that came out from the girl who she didn’t even know who and apparently a smile that came after a swimming test.

But in Momo’s eyes, the cute bun, the cute moles, and the cute smile the girl has suddenly captivated her like she just saw a really fancy food in front of her. And without she even realized, the socially awkward Momo just let out weird things that stole the other girl’s attention.

 

“You're indeed look like a Penguin.” The other girl was shocked yet confused and that expression made Momo mentally face palmed herself, regretting her embarrassing stupidity.

 

“I-I mean y-you swim like a penguin. Y-yeah.. You’re fast like a penguin.. and.. and it’s a good thing.. yea.. a good thing..” Momo scratched her not so itchy nape as she really really embarrassed and felt nervous.

 

A sudden cute little giggle from the girl made Momo’s condition got worse. Her heart beating so face and she can feel the heat surrounding her. she blamed it to her P.E Jersey Jacket. not the girl in front of her..

Since she’s done with the test, the myoui girl wanted to get outta the pool. Although Momo was still in her nervous state, she somehow could manage herself and helped her out as Momo lend her hand and tried to pull her out. of course the girl took the kind gesture and went out with Momo’s help.

 

“Thank you..” again Momo’s heart skipped a bit when she heard the girl spoke.

“I’m sorry, I’m new here.. I don’t know about your nam—“

 

“Hey new girl! Nice race back there.” It was Sana who’s cut the conversation between Momo and the Myoui girl.

“Oh yes.. I really enjoyed the race too. It’s been a long time for me having that kind of race.”

 

Since Sana occupied all the Myoui girl’s focus, it made Momo completely left out. Both of them were talking about swimming thing like their experiences and such. And because Momo felt that Sana is probably aiming for the girl, she slowly turned around and walkout from there. Well never in a billion years that Momo would steal something that her twins like. So.. she just walked away, tho her heart and her mind still haven’t recovered from that magical moment.

 

But then suddenly, Momo felt a wet hand tapped her shoulder. She thought it was Sana, judging from the wet hand that touched her shoulder.

 

“Told you not to touc—“ but it’s not Sana. It was someone that Momo never expect to talk to her like this

“I guess.. I’m bothering you..” said the girl nervously because she sense annoyance in Momo’s words.

“Oh! n-no I’m sorry! I uh.. I thought you were someone else.. you’re not bothering me at all..” said Momo.

“Really?” And momo nod her head vigorously, tried to convince her.

“I’m sorry for startling you..” said the girl with a small smile.

“It’s okay.. you don’t need to apologize for it.”

 

Seeing the girl still nervous and shy, Momo tried to control her closed-off heart and dare to be nice to other people. Oh well the girl vibes already pushed her to do that to be honest.

 

“I-Is there something that I can help?” Asked Momo

“Well.. It just.. our conversation was cut earlier..and um.. I just want to know you… y-you know for friend list. I mean... I-I’m a transferee and you seems nice and i..i want to be friend with you.. y-yeah.” said the girl.

“S-sure! I’m cool with it.” The girl—Myoui girl, lighted up the moment Momo said that and once Momo gave her hand for a handshake, she accept it right away.

“I’m Mina, Myoui Mina. Nice to meet you.”

“M-Momo. Hirai Momo.. nice to meet you too and yes I’m that girl twins ”

“Wow you have twins?” The myoui girl’s enthusiasm somehow made momo confused. it surprised Momo because Mina was talking to Sana earlier, and its impossible for Sana not to introduce herself.

 

“W-well.. she’s the one who cut our conversation and you just talked to her..”

“Oh? the one that I’ve raced with? I don’t know her name yet. We forget to introduce each other earlier..” from a distance, Momo could see Sana gave Momo a thumb and mouthed ‘good luck’.

 

Apparently Sana knew that Momo somehow interested with the new girl so she decided not to introduce herself before Momo did. Well it’s really a rare moment for Momo caught by a girl and as a great sister, Sana won’t intervene and erase Myoui Mina’s name on her target list.

 

“MYOUI MINA REPORT YOUR TIME TO ME PLEASE!” Both Mina and Momo startled when their teacher high pitch yell roaring inside the indoor pool.

“I’m sorry.. I have to go.. “ Said Mina.

“S-sorry for keeping you behind.” Mina then shook her head as a denial.

 

After that she gave Momo a smile and she bowed a bit. Being a sociably awkward, Momo replied the bowed with 90 degrees bow and earned a giggled from the girl and after that, Mina walked away. But before Mina went far away, Momo shouted,

 

“S-see you around Mina-ssi!”

 

Well it’s not that loud since the girl not really that far from Momo and the girl gave a nod and walked away to the teacher.

Momo put her hand on her chest and felt her ferocious heartbeat. This is the first time she felt this way… it’s weird and scary.

 

“So this is how Sana feels whenever she saw someone gorgeous huh?”



AUTHOR NOTES:

Hi there! 

Told ya it’ll be short! And well I don’t know..Somehow this story kinda flat? Really sorry for that..
I miss MiMo so much and decided to post this… But oh well.. I wish you guys will like it hihihi ^^

I don’t know if I will make a sequel for this or not, or make change it to multiple chapter or not.. I’m pretty occupied with Take Myoui Heart and tons of ideas I have so.. we’ll see.

But again.. can’t promise anything tho~~

ANYWAYS! Thank you for reading, please kindly leave your comment below and please do upvote~~



Love, Akkergo





kamsahamnida