End

I Almost Do

I bet this time of night you're still up.

I bet you're tired from a long hard week.

I bet you're sitting in your chair by the window looking out at the city.

And I bet sometimes you wonder about me.


 

Jennie,Babe

 

It has been six months now, I know you're doing great. I have read all of your posts and I figured that somehow leaving you caused you the better.

 

I saw your photo during the awarding of the best architects, I'm so proud. Remember when I told you that you are the best? I never lied right? You really are the best on everything you do.

 

I know you're okay now. And I hope you're taking the courage to sing again. I'm sorry if I ruined everything, but I badly wish that I could hear you sing again. You have a very charming voice, i'm not kidding when I told you that I could listen to you all day. Remember when we sang all night the first time you called after a month of sending messages to each other? everything I felt that night was real, and until now I can feel it. The tingling sensation whenever your voice echoes in my ears, babe you are amazing.


 

And I just wanna tell you

It takes everything in me not to call you.

And I wish I could run to you.

And I hope you know that every time I don't

I almost do,

I almost do.


 

I've read all of your messages, but I convinced myself that I need to go on with my life, and that you deserve better. That night when my parents found out about us, It felt so ed up. I wanted to tell them that I am happy, that for the first time I found someone to lose. That night I was so afraid, I still have college and I can't afford to be an architect like you if I'll go against my parents. I thought everything will fine, that what we had was just a phase, that i'm just so fond of talking to you all day. So I decided to stay away,


 

I bet you think I either moved on or hate you

'Cause each time you reach out there's no reply.

I bet it never ever occurred to you that I can't say "Hello" to you

And risk another goodbye.

 

Ignoring you was the hardest. If only you knew that every word you sent also caused pain in me. I have read everything. The day that you were rushed to the hospital, I roamed around your friend's accounts just to have a glimpse of what happened, I waited until Jisoo posted a photo showing you in a hospital bed, smiling. That day I told myself that I have to let go. You have to forget me, and so I never replied to your messages, bit I have to admit that every morning I waited for a "Good Morning Babe" from you, that every night, I wished that you will ring me up once again to sing for me till the morning. But it never happened.

 

I guess you're angry, you think I've moved on that easy, but baby until this day I'm waiting. Remember when you told me that in the next lifetime you'll date me? well I'm also waiting for that lifetime to happen. Remember that concert that we planned to attend? I still bought the tickets tho I know that the chance of seeing you means another chance to break you.


 

Oh, we made quite a mess, babe.

It's probably better off this way.

And I confess babe,

In my dreams you're touching my face

And asking me if I wanna try again with you.

And I almost do.


 

I saw you, you're wearing the same smile, but that time it never reached your eyes. Jisoo accompanied you, she's so caring and she even managed to make you smile the whole concert. I wish I could run to you that day, I wish I had the hug that we promised to share. I wish you knew that I never let myself be weak, but I almost do.


 

I bet this time of night you're still up.

I bet you're tired from a long hard week.

I bet you're sitting in your chair by the window looking out at the city.

And I hope sometimes you wonder about me.

 

-Chae