One Thousand One Hundred Ninety Five

One Thousand One Hundred Ninety Five
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Thousand One Hundred Ninety Five
NaTzu One Shot

 

The 16th

Ever since the girls started living together, Nayeon’s been affectionate to her members. Especially to the younger ones. She’d often squish her cheeks with Dahyun, pinch Chaeyoung’s cheeks, and sometimes she’d even cuddle with Mina. But if there is one thing she can’t seem to do, it’s to break the ice between her and their youngest member, Chou Tzuyu.

 

“That devil spawn child wants me to die, I swear!” Nayeon insists as she stomps her feet on the ground. Her best friend, Jeongyeon with her girlfriend, Momo, just laugh at her. Considering she’s the oldest, she finds herself frustrated by the stone cold façade their maknae gives her.

 

“She’s the softest! What do you mean she wants you to die?” Momo chuckles, snuggling closer to Jeongyeon. Nayeon rolls her eyes and flicks a middle finger, “What did I do?”

 

“Ya, Unnie, no bad fingers. Momo’s a baby for that,” Jeongyeon scolds.

 

Nayeon scoffs, “As if you don’t put your middle finger inside your girl,” Jeong tries to stand but she escapes the room of the two and settles beside Jihyo in the living room.

 

“Whatchu doin?” the oldest asks Jihyo. The leader shrugs and continues to stare at her laptop, “What are you doing?”

 

“Planning Tzuyu’s birthday surprise,” Jihyo answers. Nayeon grins, “What are you thinking?”

 

“Nothing. I just want to give Tzuyu the perfect gift,” she hums and then goes inside their room. She finds Mina playing on her phone.

 

“Where’s Tzuyu?” she asks. Mina looks at her and grins, “What?”

 

“Tzuyu’s out with Sana and Dahyun,” Mina answers her with a playful smile. “Still bothered that Tzuyu doesn’t like talking to you?”

 

“Hey! She likes me. We are just awkward with each other,” Nayeon defends herself. Mina nods and continues to play with her phone.

 

Days passed and it’s the D-day of Tzuyu’s surprise. Nayeon’s been itching to give her the perfect gift and she wants nothing more but to see the birthday girl’s reaction. With not much cents wasted, Nayeon sits at the back most chair and waits for Tzuyu with the others.


“SURPRISE!” they all yell as soon as Tzuyu enters their dorm. Sana envelops the maknae in a hug while Jeongyeon puts icing on Tzuyu’s nose. Nayeon watches as Tzuyu’s lips spread into a big grin. Her heart races but she turns away and calms herself down.

 

Shh. No. She’s a baby. She’s your maknae.

 

“Time for gifts!” Dahyun declares. They all give Tzuyu their respective gifts. Jeongyeon bought her a bracelet, Momo gave a food coupon, Sana gave a trip to Hokkaido, Jihyo gifted her a massage all you can coupon, Mina gave a game console, Dahyun gave a personalized bag with Chaeyoung’s personalized phone case. Everyone goes quiet and stares at Nayeon, including Tzuyu.

 

“What?” she asks.

 

“What’s your gift?” Jeongyeon asks her. She grins and steps closer to Tzuyu.

 

“What?” the maknae asks. Nayeon wraps her arms around Tzuyu’s neck and leans closer. She gets surprised when Tzuyu pushes her a little too hard, “What the hell, Nayeon?!” the girl exclaims.

 

No unnie?

 

“What? My gift’s a cheek kiss! It’s more expensive!” she grins, standing up from Tzuyu’s push.

 

“I don’t want it,” Tzuyu tells her directly. Nayeon stops her movements and chuckles, “I’m serious. Don’t try to kiss me on the cheeks ever again.” With those words, Tzuyu walks out and the girls remain quiet. Nayeon holds back a sob and fakes a laugh.

 

“She likes it. She just doesn’t want to admit,” she turns around and goes inside their room. She bites her knuckles and lets her tears fall.

 

During Tzuyu’s sixteenth birthday, Nayeon experienced her first heartbreak.

 

The 17th.

 

A few days before Tzuyu’s birthday, Nayeon’s busy with her song writing. She doesn’t realize the time until a knock disturbs her from her concentration. “It’s open,” she says.

 

The door creeks open, “It’s already two am, Nayeon,” her head snaps and she sees Tzuyu wearing an oversized jacket and a jogging pants. They’re inside the JYP building practicing for their concert and for Nayeon, writing lyrics.

 

“Oh. Okay then, I’ll fix my stuff and go home,” she got used to the fact that Tzuyu doesn’t call her unnie. Maybe for the maknae, she’s not deserving of the respect an unnie has. She lets it go and continues to be the unnie everyone needs. Especially to Chaeng and Dahyun who struggled during their last year in school. Tzuyu never talked to her about anything school related so she just assumed that everything’s okay for the girl.

 

Nayeon fixes her stuff and puts on her beanie. She steps out of the practice room and is startled by the large shadow leaning beside the door, “Jesus Christ, Tzuyu! Don’t scare me like that!”

 

A small smile escapes from Tzuyu’s lips, making Nayeon’s heart race again. “What are you wearing?” the maknae frowns.

 

She looks at her outfit and gets confused, “What’s wrong with my shorts and shirt?” she asks.

 

“Nothing. It’s just cold outside and you barely have cloth with you,” Tzuyu sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter