1 of 1

I'm still here.

Her stares are fleeting - they barely ever last, but Mina knows it's present. She knows with absolute certainty that this is something that happens a lot, but she can't point her finger at it, at someone who's no longer there. So any of her speculations will lead to only - well, speculations.

 

She's used to living in this house, 15 years she's lived here, widowed. 2 months, she's lived alone, her wife had died 2 months prior, but her death had no longer bothered Mina. It's a part of life - a part of aging. 

 

Ghosts are a normal occurence too, because Mina isn't a close-minded woman, she's open to anything, and if there's proof for it, she will believe in it. And when she feels someone staring at her, it's normal. 

 

Ghosts don't bother her. 

 

So when she works overnight without sleeping and goes to the refrigerator, she notices something else. The letters randomly scrambled on the refrigerator's door forms a word, a word, a coherent word, 'Hi', it says. Mina shakes. She feels her knees weakening. A piece. An essence of her wife stayed - something is here, at least she knows. 

 

But she's not sure. Because maybe it's just a coincidence. Becayse maybe it's just an accident, maybe Mina herself did this, in the morning, by accident, when she was in one of her depressive moods, but maybe this is also something else. Maybe this is her wife. Maybe this was her wife.

 

So as a response, she responds with a simple 'Hello', too. 

 

She goes to bed, and for a first time in a while, she wants to sleep.

 

Mina goes to work, and she realizes that maybe she should make her lunch. Living two months without making any homemade food is bad for her diet - and only now does she notice she's putting on her weight. She stares at the mirror, her figure slightly fattened by the hundreds of Mcdonalds meals. 

 

She makes food. Prepares a sandwhich. She opens the fridge and expects her food to be disorganized. It's all fixed, and in a matter of minutes, her sandwhich is done. She hears a tune - a sigh, "You're not fat, babe. Your jaw accentuates your thinness." 

 

She recognizes this voice. She looks behind - no one's there.

 

 

---

 

When she wakes up at midnight not expecting anyone to be sleeping with her, she's surprised. She calls out a name. "Nayeon." 

 

But neither does she expect someone to answer her back. "Yes babe?" 

 

"I miss you." Mina manages to say.

 

"I'm still here."