The Silly Drawing

The Quest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

"I need more backup, it's more complicated than I expected. I want Forensics down here ASAP." Barked the uniformed detective into his walky talkie as he paced with a rush but the kind of stern calm only seen by a well worn higher up official. 

 

The Police were busy putting up a "Do Not Cross" Line. There stood a crowd of people busy taking photographs from one side. 

 

"The Press are crowding up, Sir" Deputy Officer Choi Minho, who was the young detective's immediate subordinate and assistant, reported. The detective to whom he spoke, adjusted his Police hat, sent a quick disapproving glance at the crowd as he walked past everyone and into the renowned Bank.

 

A uniformed Police officer directed the way to the Bank Manager's office. The detective and his subordinate walked straight into the Manager's room, to find an extremely nervous and stressed individual sitting behind the Manager's desk. A Police official was handing him a glass of water as he reminded him repeatedly to calm down.

 

"Calm down? How can I? My Bank got robbed in broad daylight. And I didn't even realise when it was done! What am I going to answer to the customers?" 

 

"How much has been stolen?" Detective Inspector Kim Jonghyun asked straightaway.

 

"Jewelry and items from several vaults, that could together amount to five million dollars worth" The Bank Manager replied despairingly.

 

"I'm sorry to distress you Mr Kang, but could you please tell me what happened once more from the beginning?" The detective asked the nervous Bank Manager. Deputy Officer Choi had his small notepad ready to jot down points.

 

Thus encouraged, the nervous Bank Manager went off into a monologue. "I was just sitting at my desk this morning like usual when suddenly an employee came running to me to inform that there had been a break in and several vaults emptied. But the strangest thing is, no one knew when this break in happened! Naturally, I ran all the way to the vaults to check and just as I had heard, those vaults were cleared empty, nothing in them!... Except for this crude piece of paper with a childish drawing. They think the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter