first love

goodbye to romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuna had to admit she was lucky.

 

She knew it was a privilege — being good with people, having them naturally coming to her first, attracting them like a magnet no matter where she went. She knew a lot of people would die and kill to have her social talent, especially now, in high school.

 

Yuna knew it was something good, but unfortunately, it came with a price.

 

The fact that she was pretty, had a long, shiny red hair and a bubbly personality often made it easy for her to hide her true, deeper feelings from everyone else surrounding her. This was supposed to be something good too, the high schooler thinks to herself, because after all, being able to mask what she was feeling could avoid a billion of awkward everyday life situations.

 

And it was, indeed, great while she was still in middle school, when her worries included playing football with the other kids during breaks and trying to befriend as many shy students as she could. It was easy to hide her embarrassment everytime an upperclassmen called her pretty or when teachers made sure to let the entire class know she got the highest grade on their exams again.

 

It was all fun and games until she moved schools and high school started — until her eyes fell on that cute senior with the prettiest smile she's ever seen for the first time.

 

And before she could realize, staying at school after classes ended to secretly watch the other girl became the best part of her day.

 

Not only was the girl pretty, tall and owner of the sharpest eyes in the world, but she was also extremely athletic and captain of the basketball team, which only made the freshman find her even more endearing, almost as if she was an angel lost inside of a simple Seoul high school.

 

Yuna would spend hours and hours sitting in the uncomfortable bleachers, pretending she was studying or reading a random book just so she could admire the player from afar, feeling all kinds of giddy everytime the older's lips would break into a smile after sending the ball straight into the basket.

 

Yuna liked her. Yuna liked her a lot. And the thing is, she didn't want not to — no, she wanted to keep liking that girl for as long as she could, because those feelings weren't bad at all. They made her overjoyed, they made her feel alive and mostly, human.

 

And it didn't take too long for that pretty senior to notice Yuna seating alone in the same spot everyday, acting like she was too focused on whatever was written inside of that worn out book. The magnet, Yuna thought as she nervously watched the older girl distance herself from the basketball team and run towards the bleachers, it was still working perfectly.

 

"You're new here, right? I'm Hwang Yeji, nice to meet you."

 

From the moment it happened, Yuna knew the image of Yeji introducing herself with the kindest smile plastered all over her stunning face would never fade away from her mind. It was just like the perfect k-drama scene, where the main character's love interest notices her for the first time and suddenly the world is nothing but beautiful and magical.

 

Yuna fixed her hair and cleared before answering the older girl, convinced that she was doing a great job in hiding her nervousness when she naturall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter