Final

Last of Her Kind

"Welcome to Seoul Senior High School to all new comer. Hope you’ll enjoy your day here. And dont forget to gain a lot of friends so we won’t regret something in the future" Chaewon ended her speech and got applause by all the students.

Today is entrance ceremony. And Chaewon is president of student council. Along with Yuri, Yena, Yujin, Minjoo and some other of student council's members greet the newcomers in their first day.

All of the new student happily talking and introducing themselves with the other. There's a lot of happiness drewing on their face. Meetig new friends were always fun.

Chaewon and her friends finally can have a good rest after a month preparing to this big day.

"Where is Yujin?" Yena asking. They are in school cafe while someone missing.

"She said she is going to the rest room" Yuri answered.

“I hope she didn't collecting another girl” Minjoo talking in additional.

Meanwhile.

School rooftop.

Yujin standing with a new girl who just got her first day in the school.

"What are you doing here?" Yujin speak up.

"I-I'm" She said stuttering.

"! What is that with your uniform. I told you to keep your distance with me. And now, you enter the school where it was me on it" Yujin loudly yelled. So loud that people on the grounds might hear her.

"I- I'm sorry, Yujin. I dont know. My dad is the one who sign me in. I can't refuse it" She said holding her tears.

"You can say that you didn't want it.... ah stop it" Yujin messed up her hair. The younger scrumble her skirt.

"Watch your step away from me, and shut your mouth and don't mention what we are and pretend like we didn't know each other, or else?" Yujin threatening. Wonyoung bit her lips. 

"Ne, Yujin. Dont worry about that I will do anything what you want" Wonyoung bowed. Wonyoung is always doing what Yujin wants.

Yujin leaving. Closed the door roughly.

Yujin coming back into their group.

“Where have you ve been, huh? It that takes too much time to pee?” Yena scolding.

“What is that? Why are you being overprotective towards me” Yujin seducing and laying herself in Yena's arm like a puppy.

“Yujin, know your place. Someone is already heated here.” Chaewon give a hint into someone right side of Yena, Yuri.

“Okay im sorry, i know you are already taken” Yujin fix herself and grab Yena’s food.

“That's why, stop flirting around and decide your true love ” Minjoo give a command.

“Whos again? After, Yuna, Lia, Yeji, Ryujin and Chaeyeon sunbaenim’s sister Cheryeong. Wooah ... All of them are so famous.” Yena listed.

“I am still looking for the best, dont worry. I will catch one soon” Yujin smugged face. 

It's a pity that she might miss the chance to meet that someone.

The school ended. All the student on their way back home, while Yujin be the last. She just got called by her basket’s coach. She is a basketball player and a captain. Of course she got a lot attention by all the popular girls in her school.

When she walking into the gate, someone called her.

“Yujin.”

Yujin turn her head and found that girl.

“Dang it. What you really want? I've told  you to stay away.” Yujin hissed.

“B-but there's no other, just us” Wonyoung said in fright.

“You know, theres still alot of student inside. Wait, did you want to gain popularity from me?” Yujin draw herself closer just to scold her. Wonyoung averted her gaze. No, it will never be her intention.

“N-no i didnt mean that. My dad told me that we should going back home together, Yujin” Wonyoung said didnt even dare to looking at Yujin. 

“I don't care. Walk on your way” Yujin snapped her and leave her. Alone. Like how she always does.

---

To make it clear. Yujin and Wonyoung are engaged. They were tied with each other since Yujin were 6 and Wonyoung were 5. It's an arrange marriage by their parents. Yujin and Wonyoung parents family are partner in business and have a good relationship. They want to keep that and make their child become their successor. Yujin is only child. She have to pushed by her father to agreed with that. And Yujin aware that she just kind of tools to gain money and success for her father. Yujin hate her father most.

While Wonyoung, she is a good kid who will do everything that she got command for. Marrying Yujin, being Yujin's fiancee she agreed with full of responsibility. She believe that everything who have been chosen is for her best future.

And Yujin, hate Wonyoung because of the marriage arrangment. Since they were childhood Wonyoung will keep following everywhere Yujin is even Yujin scold her in most of the time. Wonyoung get used into it. She never give up. She keep on her way to looking at Yujin. She believe that Yujin is a good kid. Yujin just being herself, and Wonyoung accepted everything. The scold, rejection and all kind of psylogical attack. Because she wants Yujin to accept her everything. 

---

Yujin home.

Yujin just coming home, today is the worst day of her life. Yujin was enjoying her day without Wonyoung just in a year but now, Wonyoung coming into her just like her elementary school and junior school. It was an awful memory. How the other females won't befriend her because they know that Wonyoung owns her. It was sad. She just wanted to make friends. 

There's no place to escape for Yujin. That make her in hatred more and more.

"Yujin"

Yujin just going on first step of the stairs while her dad called her.

"Coming late, again?" Her dad ask.

Yujin just hissed and about to continue her step.

"Wonyoung is already in your school. You should to take care of her like before" Her dad command.

Yujin didn't answer and just go to her room.

Her dad knew well that Yujin is stubborn, but she didnt know what his kid did to Wonyoung. What the things he knew it is just Yujin take care of Wonyoung well. As long as theres no complain from the other family, he think that it was fine. Yujin hates Wonyoung even more. Why can't she just tell Yujin's father that Yujin haven't treated her well? Yes, her father might hurt her but that's better than this.

Yujin laying on her bed.

"Why i cant be happy in a day? Huh?" She asked mumbling.

 

Wonyoung house.

There's her parents and her older sister in the living room.

"How is your day baby?" Her mom ask her softly.

"Its fine, as always" Wonyoung smile brightly.

"Did you meet Yujin?" Her dad asking.

"Um. We going lunch together and she take care of me well, dad" Wonyoung faked story. She always did it. In everyday of her life. To protect Yujin from suffering that her Dad might give her. She can't bear to watch Yujin hurting, physically or emotionally.

"Thats good then" her dad said.

----

Day 2

Yujin and Wonyoung do their school things like usual.

Wonyoung did what Yujin said. She just looking at Yujin from afar. 

Hurting that Yujin seemed so happy without her. 

Day 5.

Wonyoung always skipping her lunch time into the library. Because she know that theres only place that Yujin didnt exist.

She wanted to stay away as far as she can. Or she is afraid that she can't hold herself back and just hugged the older girl. 

Day 7

Theres nothing changing. Yujin keep happily talking with her friends while Wonyoung looking at her and eat at her table by herself.

It was lonely. But when she thinks back to her life, it was always like this. She is always alone. Yujin always leaving her. No one is friends with her. 

Day 15

Wonyoung accidentally bumping with Yujin when she was on her way running towards her class.

Nothing else. Another scold.

Yujin pull Wonyoung into the corner.

"You did that on purpose, dont you?" Yujin bold eyes while tighten her grip in Wonyoung's left arm.

"N-no unnie, im sorry." Wonyoung stuttering.

"I said to watch your step, and what now?" Yujin in anger.

"Im sorry" Wonyoung about to cry.

Not to be known Yujin's action got seen by group of student and lead them into a worst things.

Wonyoung felt like crying. Now, an accident seemed to be done in purpose in Yujin's eyes. She does not meant that to happen. She does not want Yujin to hate her more.

Day 30.

It was a week of Yujin’s freedom. Because in more than a weeks she didnt saw any Wonyoung in front of her face. She even forgetting that Wonyoung is her schoolmate. Because in the first place, she doesn't care about Wonyoung's wellbeing.

Day 35

"Aish those girls" Chaewon grab the seat in the cafe. It was lunch break.

"What happen Chaewonie?" Yuri asking.

"Theres girl, bullied by another girl. Why is this school being this rude" Chaewon said.

"Who's that?" Minjoo ask.

"I dont know, i think it freshman." Chaewon said.

"You scold them?" Yujin ask.

"Of course. But i guess its not the first time they did it" Chaewon while munching her food.

"We should report this, then." Minjoo said worriedly. 

"We didnt know what the real things. So we have nothing to do" Chaewon explaining.

"Poor that girl" Yujin said.

Day 45.

Yujin got bumped with Wonyoung. Now its her fault. She playing with her phone.

"I m sorry. You can scold me later. Im in hurry Yujin" Wonyoung didnt waiting for the answer she walk away. Yujin is shock. In disbelief even. Is that really Wonyoung?

"Did you trying to be brave now, Jang Wonyoung?" Yujin shouting.

Day 60.

Yujin and her friends in school garden while they listen at daily report from Chaewon. No other. She found bullying case with same victim with different person.

“It was for nth time, i see this again” Chaewon frustrated.

"I hope she will be fine" Yena wishing.

Yujin who just playing with her phone, put down.

"I thought this one is the worst. I dont know exactly what happen. But the group of girl slapped her in her cheeks. While she just crying" Chaewon recalled her memories.

"Chaewon we should to report this. Its too much" Minjoo advice.

"I try to. When i got to close with that girl she said to step away or else she got another worst things" Chaewon felt sorry.

"She got threatened?" Yuri asking.

"I think so" Chaewon said.

"Chaewon, bullying is worst. Can we save that girl?" Yujin finally spoke up. She didnt know who. But she has the gut feeling that she should. 

“That was right, we should meet her. At least those mean girls wouldn't have a space to disturb her anymore" Yena added. The others nodded their heads. 

"Let's meet her tomorrow" Chaewon asking.

Still in Day 60.

When Yujin watching the movie in her room, her mom coming with milk on it.

"Thanks mom" Yujin said.

"Yujin, are you in bad terms with Wonyoung?" Her mom askin.

, is she reporting to their parents. Fine. Its good then. Yujin thought.

"Why?" Yujin coldly.

"Her mom told me, that lately Wonyoung hurriedly coming to her room after school. And rarely eats her dinner" Her mom said.

"She is just tired. She is so childish that's way she easily got tired" Yujin didnt mind it.

"But she will going to school early and never eat her breakfast. Is that your school was so strict?" Her mom asking. Not eating breakfast, lunch and dinner now, huh. What in the hell is in her mind? 

"Not really. Maybe she is just acting like a good child then" Yujin harshly. She does not care.

"Yujin!" Her mom get enough.

"Mom im going to sleep" Yujin push her mom lightly.

Day 61.

Chaewon busy lookig at the bullied victim. When the other following her.

She found none.

"I think she didnt enter the school today" Chaewon said.

"Ah we cant see her today?" Yena disapointed.

"Um. Maybe tomorrow we will meet Wonyoung" Chaewon said.

"W-Wonyoung?" Yujin stuttering.

"I just found out. Her name is Wonyoung. Jang Wonyoung"

"Lets find her tomorow" Yuri said.

W-Wonyoung? Bullied? Why?

Flashback Day 15.

When Yujin scold Wonyoung a group of girl watching them.

"I think we got a target here?" A girl said.

"Its not she is Yujin sunbaenim, the popular girl in this school?" The other girl said.

"Yeah, Yujin sunbaenim might feel so annoyed. Thats the reason she did it" The another one said.

"Lets use that , with the worsen way than what Yujin sunbaenim did"

Day 61 Yujin's home.

Yujin come back home. She found no her parents.

She sitting at the couch.

"Bullied? She didnt look like a nerd. But yes, she is so weak. Who cares. " Yujin smirked. It's better. If Wonyoung is getting bullied, she might leave the school. And her life will be back to normal. Of course, this is for the best.

She grab her phone from her pocket.

There's

29 Missed calls from her mom.

And message.

Mom.

Yujinnie, we are in hospital right now.

"Is my dad's got anemia attack?" She thought.

She climb up the stairs to her room.

Not that long their parents coming.

She about to ask but stopped by her mom voice and her dad in living room.

"How come she got that disease ?" Her mom said.

"The doctor said its because of trauma." Yujin dad answer.

"My baby Wonyoung" Her mom sighed.

"Wonyoung? Again?" Yujin walking towards them.

"What happen mom, dad? Who is sick?" Yujin asking.

"I bet you didnt take care of her well" Yujin dad scold her.

"Its not Yujin's fault, she got trauma. Its been a long time ago" Yujin's mom said.

"You always like that. Saving that kid" Yujin's dad walking out.

"What happen mom?" Yujin with straight voice.

"Wonyoung..."

"Wonyoung collapsed in her room last night. Their parents found out. The doctor diagnosed that she got panic disorder. We just know that Wonyoung  usually have a series of intense episodes of extreme anxiety. She experience panic reactions because they mistake their bodily sensations for life-threatening situations. These bodily sensations cause some people to feel as though are out of control which may lead to feelings of panic. The doctor said it caused by Post-traumatic stress. Its mean she got traumatic in her past or else, its continuing. And also she might got negative social experiences” Her mom explaining.

The doctor said it might be since a long time ago but Wonyoung didnt said to anyone else"

"What"

Yujin frozen. She realize that all of things that happen in Wonyoung is caused by her. The one who always scold her since they were kids.

Yujin weakly climb the stairs int her room. She closed her door with no strength. Her knees was numb.

She sit in her small couch with her back against the wall.

“what? Did i just made the wrong things? Is that all caused by me?”

“How if theres something worst happen to her?” Yujin scrumble her hair like crazy.

“Did i do too much?” Slowly Yujin realize her fault. She remember how much time she find herself scolding the fragile Wonyoung.

Flashback on their childhood.

“You idiot get away”

“Dont move closer or ill punch your face”

“You give me this ice cream? Dont you think ill eat that and thank for it. Your wish” She said and throw the ice cream on the floor with a big smirk.

“Stop following me”

“Are you blind? Look what you have done”

Every scold by Yujin, Wonyoung will give her return with sweet smile. 

Those bright smiles that can brightened everyone's day. But apaprently, not Yujin's. She realized it too late. So late. 

EOFB

“What have I done?” Yujin enough with herself.

In the next day in School.

“Yujin” Minjoo called her.

“Yujin are you fine?” Chaewon’s turn. She's been spacing out.

“Yujinnn!!” Yena right in Yujin’s ear. And make Yujin snapped back into reality.

“You okay?” Yuri asking.

“You were spacing out the whole time” Chaewon said.

“Lets go eat lunch, I'm hungry” Yena whinned.

Yujin didnt answer but fix her stuff into her bag. And walk out.

“Im not good tell the teacher” Yujin said.

---

She reach the hospital and she found none of Wonyoung.

She searching for the information center. They said Wonyoung just out to catch some fresh air.

Finally she found her at the hospital rooftop.

"Y-yujin" Wonyoung looking at Yujin. Her hand shaking. Her feet trembling. Yujin felt hurt. Wonyoung is so vulnerable under her gaze. Wonyoung is scared of her. She's too stupid. 

"Yaah. You stupid." Yujin can't hide it. She lost on her mind. Its half of annoyed and half of worrying.

"I-im sorry" Wonyoung said crying. Her body become weak. Her legs give out and she sat on the floor while bawling her eyes out. It was quite a scene. This may be the first time that Yujin saw Wonyoung cries. And it freaking hurts her. 

Yujin lost of words.

"I'm sorry to make a mess on your life. I'm sorry Yujin" Wonyoung speak out.

"I realize that im the one who caused of everything. I thought that you hate me because of our enagagement. But I got it wrong. You hate me just like them. They hate me. All of them, thats way I think that I am the cause trouble of everything. I am sorry Yujin" Wonyoung crying. She can't bear the fact that Yujin is just like the others. That Yujin hates her because she is Wonyoung. 

Yujin still glued. She looking at the girl with hospital pajamas.

"But you are better than them. I know it. Since we were kids they always throw trash at me. Everything. Splash the water towards my face. But you, you just scold me. You didnt doing like what they did. You still a good person for me. Im the one who bad. Im caused trouble. Of everything" Wonyoung kneeled down. Wonyoung is blaming herself. Yujin is blaming Wonyoung. Everyone is blaming Wonyoung. It was always Wonyoung who got blamed for their faults. It was always Wonyoung who took all the blame. 

Yujin shocked, she was too busy to dig all Wonyoung’s mistake and in hatred towards her, so she didnt knew that Wonyoung is victim of school bullying. And she make it worst with her action. She is considered one of the bullies, for her. She is a bystander that does not care.

Yujin was stupid. And now she admit it.

"Now you know im sick. Im not an normal people. Im disgusting. Im weak. And I might going crazy, Yujin” Wonyoung said with a small smile. She's going crazy. She needs someone to help her. 

“I'm sorry to make you messed up because of me"

Before Yujin can speak a word, Wonyoung was fainted. In front of her. She screamed loudly and lift the younger girl before running towards her hospital room. 

----

Wonyoung gotten worse day by day. Even Yujin who always there beside of her, she only in this very late time, Yujin realize that what she just done is all a big fault. She was too blind of herself who hate her father and put a blame on Wonyoung. She know, theres nothing to be hate from Wonyoung in person. Even its late to realize, its still better than nothing.

Wonyoung is a precious fragile girl that needs someone to take care of her. 

---

It was a week in hospital. Yujin didnt mind to always running into hospital after her school time and stayover beside Wonyoung.

Yujin finally took her courage to revealing her relationship with Wonyoung to her friends. Of course, she got thousand of bad words from her friends. But at the end, all her friends understand and make it all easier. Sometimes they were visiting Wonyoung together with her. Just visit sleeping Wonyoung.

---

Wonyoung finally got recover yet better. She even waking up at night to see a tired figure with her head laying in her bed and her hand holding into Wonyoung’s. She never be happier than that. But her disease is not in her side. Wonyoung who badly want to talk with Yujin in deep, she have no strength to fight against her panic disease. She still trembling when it comes to talk. She wanted to talk but the memories keep coming back like they happened yesterday.

Even Wonyoung refused that argument that said if Yujin was one from the things who caused her into the desease. For Wonyoung, Yujin is good person ever. She didnt able to speak with Yujin its not because she hate her but theres another reason. That was Wonyoung’s mind said. But her body never cant be lied. Her body still against Yujin. 

After a month the day finally come. Yujin have no chance to say sorry and did what she should to but Wonyoung already gone. Wonyoung and her whole family moving to USA for medical treatment. Because Wonyoung have no progress in her health. It's stable but sometimes it's getting worse.

Day by day till years has passed quickly. Yujin now is in 3rd senior high school. She stayed by herself. Because her friends who year older was already graduated. Yujin have been succesfully dropping out the student who bullying Wonyoung. Its just her only one way to pay off everything what she did.

After a year Wonyoung gone, she have no courage to ask how Wonyoung was. She feel regret. Theres a time when her mom told her that Wonyoung was free for treatment a month ago. Yujin feel relieved. Till the day, yesterday exactly. There's family meeting. For the first time after the tragedy. For the first time in Yujin's life she waiting for marriage topic to be spoken by her dad because she can listening about Wonyoung from that and Yujin admitted, Yujin miss her, Wonyoung. Someone who always there with her and got ignored by her. But yesterday her dad told just told her something that she didnt even know what the meaning is.

"Yujin, from now on. You are free. Free to do anything what you want"

"What is that?" She thought. No, it can't be. She would not accept that.

Now Yujin in school by herself. Her classmates were back home. Yujin just there sitting in her seat with her chin laying on the desk while longing someone who she have no courage to mention her name.

At that dramatic time suddenly her phone buzzed.

Wonyoung.

Hey Yujin how are you?

Yujin widen her eyes. She reread the sender.

Wonyoung.

Yujin im pretty fine now, im not shaking and trembling like before. They said im healing in fast. I am really happy, Yujin.

"Sure she was fine, and why she looks so happy there. Huh?" Yujin smiling into the text.

When she about to reply. Wonyoung send her another message.

Wonyoung.

Yujin, i was thinking about it. About us. I already decide my choice. For the better of you and me.

I told my dad.

We should cancel it.

I dont wanna make you in trouble like before. I dont wanna look at you suffer again cause of me who annoying that much.

I dont want to bother you like before Yujin.

Im happy to meet you.

Im happy to know you.

Im happy to ever be short period fiancee for you.

I hope you will be happy without me, Yujin.

Enjoy your life, life that you deserve.

Im sorry, Yujin.

I love you.

Yujin with a tears flowing on her cheeks cant even type any message. 

"W-wonyoung. Don't do this, please. W-wonyoung.." She whispered melancholically. She cried her heart out. She wants Wonyoung to come back. 

I deserve this. I love you too, Jang Wonyoung.

But it was late. Wonyong took her heart away.

Epilogue.

5 years later.

"Yujin, can you driving faster" Yena in hurry because they were late of meeting time.

Yujin and Yena is partner along with Chewon, Yuri and Minjoo. They make an art space. It was well known and mostly people know that.

Chaewon and Minjoo is the business planner while Yujin, Yena and Yuri is the Art Director and excecutive accountant in their companny.

Since Chaewon and Minjoo was on their honeymoon, Yena and Yujin has chosen to meeting face to face with the client.

*While Yena and Yuri just married a year ago. Yujin?*

And now they were in rush. Yujin who at the driving seat got annoyed.

“Yena, if you didnt move your ing hand from my steering, we wil....” Before Yujin able to say.

*ambulance sirens*

And their car bumped into the traffic light with a lot of smoke.

----

"Ahn Yujin-ssi. I know you just sleeping. Can you wake up now?" The doctor said after place the bandage in Yujin’s left arm.

Yujin and Yena finally dragged into the hospital. There's nothing bad. Just a little scars. Yena was picked up by Yuri an hour ago but  Yujin, she just too much.

"5 minutes more please" Yujin said.

"Fine, if you use more than 5 I will cancel our marriage for twice" The Doctor said while leaning closer and give her soft kisses in Yujin’s lips.