chapter 2: light in the darkness

stars in the darkness

1 year later

Yoongi had just moved to a new house. One day he passed by a house that took his interest and saw that it was on sale. he loved the green garden surrounding the house, and when he took a look inside he decided he wanted it. the house consisted of the colours white, black and blue, the colours he adored the most. so he bought it and sold his old house. he didn't only move in there because he loved it but also because his old house was filled with bad memories he wanted to forget. he was also going to start a new school and he was nervous. Ever since his family died, he stopped associating with people. he never talked to anyone, only in nessecery situations. so he wondered to himself if he'd ever get any friends in his new school. but what he wished the most was to be alone. he didn't like people and thought hey only caused problems, that's why he'd try to avoid people in his new school. that's the best he could think of.

Yoongi was standing in front of the mirror in his room and looking at himself. he hated the way he looked, his disgusting pale skin, his small eyes, how short and skinny he was. he didn't like that at all about himself because they were the reason why people always picked on him. he stared at himself, his sad face. he wanted to change the gloomy expression so he tried smiling. the smile was dead, it was fake and anyone would be able to see that he in reality suffered. the smile faded away and Yoonig instead just started to head out. "okay you can do this, just don't look at anyone, don't talk and avoid people" he repeated to himself as he locked the door after him. the school was only 5 minutes away so he chose to take a walk to the school instead of taking the bus. the neighborhood was new and he wasn't familiar to it but he still knew the way.

It was a sunny day and Yoongi passed by many houses that looked the same. there was birds flying high up and Yoongi couldn't take his eyes away from them. unfortinantly that was a bad thing to do, he crashed into another man making both of them fall. the man was old and had dropped a bag filled with fruits, all the apples and oranges rolled away in different directions. "you bastard what the heck do you think you're doing!!!!" shouted the man and pointed at Yoongi. Yoongi froze on his spot with wide eyes. he opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out and he started to panic when people started to gather around them. He felt all eyes on him and didn't know what to do. He just wanted to shrink away and disappear. "I'm talking to you!!! aren't you gonna say anything!!!!" the man clenched his fists and glared at Yoongi.

Jungkook walked out from his house while eating his breakfast. he was supposed to meet his besfriend and neighbor to go to school together. he took the last bite of his sandwhich and spotted him a few meters away. "TaeTae!!" he called him and Taehyung sprinted to him while smiling. "godmorning Kookie!!" he exclaimed and hugged him. "lets go to school!!". Jungkook nodded and they started walking like usual, taking the closest way to their school. "it's Jinnie hyung's birthday soon and you're goint to help me" asked Taehyung and put his hands on his pocket. "well, no" answered Jungkook. Taehyung pouted. "you meanie!!! you need to help me" he said and playfully hit Jungkook. "I haven't bought anything myself so I need to first fix something before I help you" said Jungkook and chuckled. he looked at Taehyung that wasn't even paying attention, he was looking at something ahead of them.

Jungkook followd his gaze to a group of people further ahead on the road. he could her screams and laughs and he understood that something was wrong. "com on" said Taehyung and ran to the group of people followed by Jungkook. when they arrived they realized that most of them were students from their school. Jungkook pushed people to the side and walked to the center, what he saw surprised him. It was an old man another boy that only looked a few years older than him, they were both on the floor. Jungkook understood that they must had crashed or something. "Pick up all the fruits now!!!" demanded the old man. Jungkook watched how the other boy started to pick up the fruits with trembling hands, he felt sorry for the boy.

"Faster!!" the man said and the poor boy flinched and dropped a few fruits. "you fool what are you doing?!!!" shouted the old man and slapped the boy earning laughs and gasps from the crowd. Jungkook's mouth dropped open and he couldn't understand what was happening. The boy held his red cheeck and looked at the man with fear. The older man took a step closer to the boy but got interuppted by Taehyung "stop it, you're hurting him" exclaimed Taehyung and held one of the mans arm. the man shouted at Taehyung to shut up and pushed him away. Jungkook got mad and pushed the man. "why do you even hit students?!" he said. The man looked at Jungkook's cold eyes. the man gulped and backed away. he took his bag and walked away while mumbling to himself, leaving the fruits on the ground.  Jungkook turned his attention to the boy that Taehyung already was talking to, he then looked at the crowd. "get the hell out of here!!" said Jungkook and the students listened to him. soon it was only Jungkook, Taehyung and the boy left. 

Yoongi wasn't expecting anyone to help him, he wasn't used to people caring about him. but here stood two nice guys that just helped him, Yoonig didn't know how to react. one of the boys with light brown hair bent down infront of him and smiled a beautiful boxy smile. "what's your name?" he asked. Yoongi looked at them with big eyes. "I...I.." Yoongi trailed off suddenly feeling nervous. the other boy with raven hair came closer. "you don't need to be afraid we won't hurt you" he reasurred and surprisingly it made Yoonig calmer. "you wanna stand up?" said Taehyung and offered a helping hand to the boy. the boy carefully took it and slowly stood up. It wasn't before then Taehyung noticed how short and skinny the guy was. "my name is Jeon Jungkook and this is Kim Taehyung, what's your name?" asked Jungkook the raven haired guy. the boy held quiet for a minute. "M...Min...Yoo....Yoong...i...." stuttered Yoongi.

cute, thought Taehyung. he looked at Yoongi's uniform and noticed they had similar ones. "do you go to the same school as us!!" exclaimed Taehyung happily. "ehh..." said Yoongi and looked at his own uniform. "we can go to the school together, that way we can get to know each other" suggested Jungkook and Yoongi didn't have time to process what was going on before both boys held his arms and walked him to the school. Taehyung and Jungkook talked to him the whole way and Yoongi listened to what they were saying. he wasn't the talkative type and they realized and respected it, that's what Yoongi liked about them. he didn't know if he just got friends or not but he started to feel a new feeling. he couldn't explain what it was but he knew for sure it made him feel good. something he hadn't felt in a while.