ONE

Sweet Heart

Looking out the window, as I waited for my plane to be called. It has been years since, I had been in Seoul. Or, even Korea for that matter. To be honest, it is a bit nervous racking to be going back, after so many years. The only good thing, is the fact that I will get to see my cousin again. I haven't seen him is years, as well. 

He is one of the only people, that knows I'm flying to Korea. My own parents don't even know, since I'm coming as a surprise. My cousin birthday is coming up in the next week. Which, is why I'm flying over the Pacific Ocean to Korea. He is kind of having a party for his birthday, at one of his friend's cafe. That's all that he has told me so far. 

"Flight 514 to Incheon International Airport now boarding." Someone said over the PA system in the area. Getting up from the seat, where I was sitting for the pass two hours. Making sure that had everything, before walking over to the gate. Looking out the widow, for one last time. Knowing that I wasn't going to be in the US for much longer. 

After, spending a minute or two walking through the isles of the airplane. I finally found my seat, that I had booked a few months ago. While, I was waiting for the plane to take off. I pulled out the necklace, that I was wearing. The necklace has a lot of meaning to me. After, the plane has taken off. I got something to drink from one of the workers. Because, I knew this is going to be a long flight. 

~~~

After, the flight had landed at the airport in Incheon. I already knew, that it was going to take me a while to get through customs. Texting my cousin, that my plane had landed and I was going through customs. It really didn't take him long to reply to my text. It took between thirty minutes to an hour to get through customs. 

Getting my suitcase, before finding my cousin. Who was already waiting for me in the main part of the airport. Before, I walked out to meet my cousin. I went into one of the restrooms. Fixing my hair, and pulling it back into a pony tail. I also pulled my glasses out of my bag. Putting them on, before I walked out of the bathroom. 

Walking out into the main part of the airport. Looking at the area, where there was some people waiting. I saw my cousin standing near the end of the long line. Once, I reached him. He pulled me into a hug. 

"It's so good to finally see you in person, again." He said, as he was hugging me. 

"You too. Now, can we get going?" Replying to him with. 

"Sure." He said, before grabbing my suitcase, that was sitting next to me. 

"Changkyun, you don't have to take my suitcase. I can do it myself." Saying as he started to walk away from me. He stopped walking when I said that. Turning around to look at me. 

"Chaeyeon, don't worry. I want to do this for you, since it's your first time in Korea in over ten years." He said, before starting to walk again. 

"Really, Changkyun." Whispering to myself, as I started to follow him. Catching up to him, before he was able to walk out of the doors. 

"Do you have a car? Or, is someone else driving?" Asking, when I walked up beside him. 

"One of my friends has a car. He was the one who dropped me off here. He is also picking us up." 

"So, I'm going to meet one of your friends right away, after I arrive in Korea?" Changkyun stopped walking to turn his head to look at me. 

"Is that a problem?" 

"No. I just mean that, it is my first time in Korea in over decade." Saying, as a notice a car drive right in front of the two of us, "and you are already having me meet one of your friends." 

After, I finished talking. I saw that Changkyun was standing by a car, putting my suitcase in the back. Walking over to him. 

"Come on, get in." He said, before getting into the passenger side of the car. 

Opening the door behind the passenger door. I saw another male sitting in the driver's seat. Who was staring straight at me. Ignoring him, as I got into the seat, and closing the car door. 

"Well, okay." The male said, he started to drive away from the airport. 

"My name is Hyunwoo." The male who was driving the car said. 

"Sorry, HyunWoo. My cousin is sometimes like this." Changkyun said, after I didn't say anything. 

"Changkyun, I'm right here. You know?" 

"I know." Pulling out my earbuds from the bag, that was sitting next to me. Starting to play some music, as I looked out the window of the car. I was still able to hear what my cousin was saying to Hyunwoo. 

"Hyunwoo, have you talked with Hoseok yet?" 

"I talked to him quickly yesterday. I do have to call him again, after I drop you two off." 

"How old are you, Chaeyeon?" Hearing HyunWoo ask me. Looking towards him, before I answered, "21. Why?"

"I just wanted to know. So, you are older than Changkyun here?" 

"Yes, it allows me to make fun of him sometimes." Replying with, "And, I know things about him, that he doesn't even know." 

"What did you just say, Chaeyeon?" 

"Nothing." 

After, talking with HyunWoo for a while. He had drove into a parking garage, that was under what looks like an apartment building. HyunWoo stoped the car, once he had pulled into a parking spot. 

Getting out the car, once I noticed that the car was stopped. I saw the HyunWoo was grabbing my suitcase out of the back of the car. 

"Thank you." Saying to him, as I took it from his hand. 

"No problem." He replied. 

"Hyunwoo, make sure you are at the cafe by 5 tomorrow." Changkyun said, as I saw that he was standing next to me. 

"I will. I have to get there early, since I will be helping Hoseok is setting up." HyunWoo said, before he walked back to the driver's side. 

"Who is this Hoseok person anyway?" Asking Changkyun as we started to walk into the apartment building. 

"He is another one of my friends." Changkyun said, "he is actually is the one that owns the cafe, that we are going to tomorrow night." 

Following Changkyun into the building, and into an elevator. 

"Are you nervous?" Changkyun asked. 

"Nervous for what?" 

"Nervous for meeting your parents again?" He said, as he pushed a button in the elevator. 

"You can say that, I am. But, I'm not really sure." Saying back to him, "it's still weird for me, that I am actually back in Korea." 

"Chaeyeon, there isn't much that you need to be nervous about." The doors to the elevator opened. Changkyun turned to the right, as he started to walk down the hallway. 

"I'm guessing your apartment is down this way?" Saying to Changkyun, as I followed him down the hallway.

"Ye, my apartment is down here." He said, as he stopped infront of a door, that was on the right side of the hallway.

"I will be warning you. I do have a roommate, that I live with." Changkyun said, as he was putting in a code into something, that was on the door. When, Changkyun had opened the door of the apartment. We could hear someone screaming through out the apartment.

"Jooheon, what's wrong?" Changkyun shouted, as soon as he closed the door. 

"Nothing." Hearing another males voice say, as I saw a male walk around a corner. He stopped walking, when he saw me standing beside Changkyun. 

"Who is she, Changkyun?" The male asked.

"Jooheon, this is my cousin, Chaeyeon. She is the person, who will be staying with us." 

''Hello. My name is Jooheon. It's nice to meet you." He said, as I walked towards him. 

"You too." Replying, "this is a nice apartment." 

"It really is. Changkyun was the one who found it when we were looking." Jooheon said, when we walked into the living room area. 

"Changhyun, where did you go?" I said shouting, as I didn't see my cousin anywhere. 

"Sorry, Chaeyeon." Changkyun said, as I could see him again, "I was getting something ready."

"What were you getting ready?" Asking. 

"I was getting a room for you to stay." He said, as he walked back into the room, that he had walked out of. Following him into the room. 

Seeing that there was two beds into the room. Changkyun was standing next to me a bit weirdly. Looking over at him, as he was looking at the floor of the room. "Sorry that there is only two bedrooms in this apartment."

"Hey, Changkyun. It's okay. I'm fine with it." Saying, as I put my suitcase on the empty bed, "it's not like I don't even know you. You are my cousin." 

"I was worried that you wouldn't be fine with it." Changkyun said, as he started to walk out of the bedroom, "Jooheon and I are gonna for to our friend's cafe. I want to ask if you want to come with us, so that you can met him before tomorrow night?" 

"Changkyun, I just got to Korea. Do you think I would want to meet another one of your friends?" Saying to him, as I was pulling my laptop out of my suitcase. 

"Come on, Chaeyeon. Please, just come. I think that you should come with us. You will be able to meet someone new." 

"Fine. Just give me a few minutes, so that I can get some things out of my suitcase." Replying to him, as I had pulled something out of my suitcase. 

"You still have that thing?" Changkyun said, as he noticed what I had pulled out of my suitcase. 

"Sorry, that my old best friend gave it to me, when we were little." 

"I just find it weird that you still have this thing." He said, taking the plush bunny out of my hands. 

"It's really the only thing, that I have left from back then." Saying, as I was taking out the necklace, from under my shirt. Looking at the small charm, that was hanging from the chain of the necklace. As, I looked up, I noticed that Jooheon was standing in the door way. 

"Changkyun, come on. Hoseok is wondering where we are." He said, before walking away from the door. Changkyun looked at me, before he started to walk towards the door.

"Changkyun, I just need to do something quickly." 

"Okay, five minutes." Picking up the bunny plush, that Changkyun was holding. Placing it on the bed, that I would be using, while I'm staying with Changkyun and Jooheon. Grabbing my phone, before walking out of the bedroom. 

"You ready?" Hearing Changkyun asked, as I walked out of the bedroom.

"Yeah. How are we even getting to this cafe?" 

"The cafe isn't really that far from here. So, we can walk there." Jooheon said, responding to my question. "Should we get going? I did tell Hoseok, that we would be there soon." 

"We should." Changkyun said, as we all started to walk towards the door. Following Jooheon and Changkyun out of the apartment. Walking behind the two of them, the whole way to the cafe. As, we were getting closer to the cafe. I noticed that the cafe was around a few other stores, in what seemed like a popular area. 

"Hey, Changkyun." 

"Yeah."  

"Is this cafe popular?" Shouting at my cousin. He stopped walking with Jooheon, so that he could walk next to me. 

"Hoseok's cafe is one of the most popular ones in this area. He has a special table for us. And, no one can seat at that table." 

"What?" Looking at Changkyun, as we were walking towards the cafe. 

"You will see what I mean when we get there." He said, before he walked up to be next to Jooheon.  Shaking my head, before running up to the two of them. Walking right behind them. Changkyun slightly turned his head towards me to say, "Hoseok's cafe is the next one, that is coming up on the right." 

Once, we reached the cafe. Jooheon opened the door for Changkyun and I. 

"Thank you." Saying to Jooheon, walking pass him to get into the cafe. Following Changkyun through the cafe. To a table where, I saw another male sitting there. 

"Hey, Minhyuk. I didn't know you were going to be here." Changkyun said, once we reached the table, that was near the back of the cafe. 

"Hoseok called me. He need some help with some things in the back." Minhyuk said, before he looked up to see me standing there next to Changkyun. 

"I see you brought your girlfriend." Changkyun and I looked at each other. 

"I....I'm not his girlfriend. I'm his cousin." Saying to Minhyuk. Turning to my left to see that Changkyun was pointing to the booth. 

"Come on sit." He said, before I sat down in the booth. Having my back towards the wall. Changkyun sat down in the booth next to me. 

"Where is Hoseok anyway?" Changkyun asked Minhyuk. 

"I believe that he is in the back. He hasn't been out in the front of the cafe in a while." Minhyuk said, before looking at the thing, that was sitting in front of him. Jooheon finally got to the table. 

"Jooheon, watch Chaeyeon. I'm gonna go find Hoseok." Changkyun said, as he got up from the booth. Jooheon sat down where Changkyun was sitting. 

"So, your name is Chaeyeon?" Minhyuk said, now with his arms crossed. 

"It always has been that." 

"Tell me a little about yourself." 

"What would you link to know, Minhyuk?" 

"Just simple things." 

"I'm turning 22 in a few weeks." 

"Minhyuk, she is older than you." Jooheon said. 

"She just said that Jooheon. You don't need to tell me again." 

"Am I really older than you?" Asking Minhyuk. 

"Yes, you are. It seems like your birthday is near Hoseok's." 

"Wow." 

"Jooheon, it's nice to see you again." We all turned our heads to look at the person, who had just spoke. Seeing someone standing next to the table. The person looked at Jooheon for another second or two. After, he finished looking at Jooheon. He turned his sight towards me. 

"Oh, someone new. I'm Hoseok. I owned this cafe." 

Looking at Hoseok for a few seconds, before I said anything, "Hello. My name is Chaeyeon.

"It's nice to meet you. I still need to finish something in the back." Hoseok said, when he started to look at the three of us. Before, he worked away from the table. "But, I will like to get to know you soon, Chaeyeon." 

"Seems like he really wants to get to know you." Jooheon said, as he hit my arm softly. 

"What?" Replying to what Jooheon had just said, "What does that even mean?" 

"Jooheon is saying that, normally Hoseok doesn't want to get to know females. Well, he doesn't say he wants to get to know a female, that he met seconds before." Minhyuk said, who I kind of forgot was sitting across from me at the table. 

"He doesn't  have any friends that are female?" Asking Minhyuk. 

"Nope. We are really the only friends that he has, that live in the Seoul area." 

"Wow. I would think he has at least one friend, that is a female." 

"Nope. He doesn't really like females." Jooheon said, "Where is Changkyun?" 

"I'm right here. I was just ordering something to drink." Changkyun replying to Jooheon's question, as eh walked up to the table. 

"Move Jooheon. I want to it next to my cousin." Jooheon got up from the booth, after Changkyun had said that. Changkyun had placed a drink in front of me. Looking at him, as I saw the drink sitting there in front of me on the table. 

"Don't worry. I got you something, that you would like." Changkyun said, as I grabbed the drink. 

"What is the drink?" 

"A green tea type of drink." He answered with, "I know that you like green tea type drinks." 

"I do." Saying, before taking sip of the drink. 

"Oh yeah guys. I see that almost everyone is here right now." Hearing someone from behind us say. Turning around just a little to see, that Hyunwoo was walking up to the table. 

"Almost everyone?"