. o n e

Touché Amoré
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 1[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]02/05/12[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Prologue I[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]S[/CONTENTID4]

[CONTENTID5]ix years prior…

 

Maybe if Yuqi knew what the day had planned ahead for her she may have just stayed in bed and faked having a headache instead of actually getting one later that very day. Middle school was middle school, it wasn’t terrible nor was it amazing and she thought in sixty years she wouldn’t remember much from this time or at least that’s what she thought.

 

She arrived to class ten minutes early as per usual and if it was any other day of the week the students present would all be gathered in their own little groups talking quietly about things such as after school activities, popular idols and just common topics that would be shared among a bunch of middle schoolers. However today’s energy was different there some sort of excitement in the air. As Yuqi settled down in her assigned seat she was immediately greeted by Shuhua, who came almost running to her after departing from the large group of girls she was previously talking to.

 

“Yah Yuqi have you heard of the news?” She asked, the corners of her lips curling upward in a smile a little too big for Yuqi’s comfort especially when it was coming from Shuhua.

 

“I literally just got here like a minute ago so no I don’t. But I’m assuming that’s why everyone seem so giddy this early in the morning?”

 

The raven haired girl nodded her head eagerly as she sat herself in her own desk in front of Yuqi before turning around preparing to tell the reason behind everyone’s behavior especially from the girls.

 

“Okay so apparently we’re getting a new student from Hong Kong today and word is that this one is quite a looker!”

 

Yuqi went wide eyed after hearing what her friend had to say, feeling the surge of excitement and anticipation that everyone was already feeling especially when she heard the part where this new student may be a potential cutie.

 

“How cute is he?”

 

“Do I look like I know? I’m just delivering you news that got passed around.”

 

“Do you know when he is coming?”

 

“Didn’t you hear what I said? Tsk you’re acting like I stalked this kid.”

 

“Well I wouldn’t put that pass by you.” Yuqi teased knowing how obsessed Shuhua can get when it comes to boys well boy group members that is. When it comes to real life boys she freezes up due to her shyness. Even though personally Yuqi found her friend’s shyness cute but however maybe not so much if she was a boy who just tried to confess to Shuhua and ended up receiving a blank stare for an answer. Which is something Yuqi has witnessed her friend do on multiple occasions when being confessed to.

 

Shuhua scrunched her face up in dismay before retorting back.

 

“Well don’t make this one leave to soon okay?” She winked confidently knowing that the subject she brought up is always a sure fire way to get under Yuqi’s skin.

 

Her class had an odd number of students which always leaves one desk empty and that one empty desk is located between the windows and more importantly right next to Yuqi. This meant that if a new student were to transfer into their class the chances of them sitting next to Yuqi is one out one since the seating arrangement hasn’t been changed since the first day of classes.

 

Being the new kid’s seatmate came with the responsibility that you will try to befriend them and show them around. Yuqi never had any problems with the responsibilities considering she enjoyed meeting new people — especially good looking ones.

 

Since the beginning of the year to last month there has been three new students that transferred into Yuqi’s class. You may wonder why there is always an empty desk next to Yuqi if there has been three new students in the past couple of months. Well actually those three students who transferred into the class ended up transferring out shortly after. Due to those occurrence it has become a recurring joke among the class that Yuqi is the classroom’s curse with the last student who transferred only lasting for less than three weeks. In Yuqi’s defense it was because the girl moved to the new middle school that was located closer to her house.

 

However she didn’t know the reason for the other two’s absence. So nevertheless it has been a running gag among her classmates. She must admit it was kinda annoying sometimes and slightly embarrassing when her infamous title would be brought up here and there but Yuqi was aware that it was just harmless fun and whenever it was brought up it was used lightheartedly — most of the time. Yuqi knew she was nothing but kind to the new students who became her temporary seat mates so for whatever reason behind their departure she knew it didn’t involve her.

 

Yuqi retaliated by flicking Shuhua’s forehead before she redirected the topic back to the new student. Soon realizing that whoever he may be, he might just be her chance at finding love — the grade seven version of love which was awkwardly holding hands in the hallways and hanging out together during recess.

 

“Dang it, does my hair look okay? I should have straightened it today if only I knew.” Yuqi whined, running her fingers through her hair in attempt to comb out her curls.

 

“Stop worrying, your hair looks fine.”

 

“Yeah that’s coming from miss I have naturally perfect straight hair.”

 

Shuhua rolled her eyes preparing to say something back but she was interrupted when Mrs. Meng entered the room followed by the new addition to their class. Within the few seconds the boy has entered the room he was already able to cause a wave of commotion specifically from the female students.

 

Yuqi herself had to admit that she had to bite down on her own lip to prevent herself from smiling as wide as some of the other girls. The new student was true to the rumours that were being shared earlier in fact he was beyond the expectations.

 

The boy stood in front of the class not phased by the outburst of smiles and giggles he has caused in fact the boy seem to take pride in their reactions, as he appeared to to be glowing. Yuqi caught the boy sending a wink in the direction of two girls who sat in front of the classroom. Scepticism started to creep up on her as she already had a feeling from that one simple gesture that he was the type of guy that knew he was attractive and enjoyed the attention he receives, in other words he’s cocky.

 

But for now she’ll give him the benefit of the doubt beside he was pretty darn good looking with his big brown eyes that gleamed oh so brightly. Plus Yuqi guessed if she had looks as good as his she probably would be a little cocky too.

 

“Class I’ll like to introduce you to a new addition to our class this is Wong Yukhei he recently moved here from Hong Kong.” Mrs. Meng introduced him to the class gesturing Lucas to step forth.

 

“Hello! You guys can call me Lucas and I hope we will be able to share some good memories this year.”

 

“Lucas you will be sitting next to Yuqi. She’s a bright student and I’m sure she will be more than happy to show you around.”

 

“Mrs. Meng shouldn’t we sit him next to someone else? Don’t want the curse to chase him out.” One of the students from the other side of the classroom called out.

 

Yuqi felt her cheeks starting to burn — of course that had to be brought up within the few minutes Lucas has been here. The hue of crimson deepened as Lucas flickered his gaze back and forth from Yuqi to the other student wide eyed and confused by what has been said.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about Meiqi but I hope you are aware that we don’t tolerate that sort of behaviour in this classroom.” Mrs. Meng spoke firmly shutting down the girl’s comment before addressing the whole class. “To start off the day I will give you guys the whole first period to start your assignment that is due this Thursday.”

 

With everyone settling in and starting to discuss with their partners about the assignment. Yuqi eyes shifted over her left shoulder noticing that Lucas still has yet to take his sit. Going through the routine she usually uses when interacting with new students, she extended her hand out giving him her best smile.

 

“Hi I’m Yuqi I’ll be your—”

 

“Woah your voice is deep! Have you gone through puberty?” Lucas cuts her off, amazed by her voice.

 

Yuqi stared at the boy in front of her for moment taken aback by his words. Yes, she was aware of the depth of her voice however she has never been confronted in this peculiar way or has that been the first thing that is brought up when she meets someone new.

 

As if it’s almost habit Yuqi retaliated back defensively, “Yeah well judging by your voice it doesn’t seem like you have.” Seconds after the words came out of Yuqi clasped her hand over . She couldn’t believe that she said that to a boy who she has just met— maybe she was cursed after all.

 

She was about to apologize until a rippling laughter broke the silence between the two which left Yuqi to continually stare at Lucas, stunned by his reaction.

 

After his laughter died down the boy took her hand that Yuqi has unconsciously still held out and firmly gave it a shake before finally sitting down next to her. “You got me there but just you wait once I hit puberty my voice will sound so awesome.”

 

Yuqi only nodded her head at his comment as she was still unable to comprehend the boy’s reaction. He acted so nonchalant, casually already making jokes as if they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter