None of that made sense.

We Found Each Other

What strikes me when I step into this place is how quiet it sounds and how huge it looks.

The hall opens on huge stairs in the middle of the room which are most-likely used to access the second floor as I can read on the sign that it provides computers and free Wi-Fi.

It might justify for people to completely desert the first floor. I decide on the right section of the room as I can see through the glass wall that it’s pretty calm.

The interminable hallway finally comes to an end as I take notice of the grumpy-looking lady sat at the reception desk.
“Good morning.” I try to be polite as she looks up from her computer. We stare at each other for a short while until she diverts her attention back to the screen and completely ignores me.

Alright.

I awkwardly keep walking as I seem to reach a reading area. Cozy armchairs of different colors, all vacant, are calling for me. I set my stuff at the foot of a red one, hanging my leather jacket on its backrest. I could find a book to read. I look around and check if there isn’t anyone likely to steal something from me before turning on my heels and opting for the middle row to find something.

+++

No book manages to catch my attention as I scrutinize all kind of covers. I contemplate trying another row when something clicks in my mind. I must still have that screenshot of this book I’ve been meaning to read for a while. I pull my phone out of my back pocket to look for the familiar cover.

“Where did this damn picture go ?” I groan impatiently as I scroll through my gallery.

I’m about to complain again when a noise of a page being turned startles me.

Is there someone around ? I freeze, my eyes widening.

I scan the other rows ahead of me, my eyes skimming over a girl with bleached-out hair, my brain processing the information.

There is indeed someone here.

I stare at what the lined up books don’t obstruct. She looks into her reading.

Just maybe, she didn’t hear me. One can dream a little bit, right ?

Jinsol’s POV :

“Where did this damn picture go ?” I raise my head to the voice that just breached the more than religious silence. “What’s that ?” I whisper to myself, my eyes finding an angry-looking girl, I need to suppress my laugh to maintain my cover-up.

I observe the brunette secretly, I’ve never seen her here before, maybe this place isn’t for her. I almost chuckle as I look back down, turning my page.

...Why do I feel like someone’s watching me ? I wonder, my head tilting.

I lift my head in a quick motion, my gaze naturally going back to where I left it. I swear I can see her eyes broaden. Caught red-handed.

I think it is not exaggerated to say that she froze in her spot. ...Well…? I don’t even have time to raise my eyebrows at her that she tears her gaze away, almost...fleeing ?

+++

I’m once again snatched away from my precious reading as a rather loud ringtone echoes in the air. I drop the book, its spine colliding with the ground noisily, although I’m pretty sure it doesn’t overcome the persistent ringtone.

Why is it still ringing though ? I put the book back in its place, looking around, more precisely where the sound comes from.

“Ugh ! Why won’t it stop ??” I hear a familiar groan, the voice much louder this time.
I stare at her back, recognizing her light brown hair as she suddenly jolts out of her seat, making me curious about what she's going to do.

I lazily walk out of the row I'm standing in, following her with my eyes as she gets more and more agitated on her phone...trying to hang up ?

As I gawk at her through the glass wall, she sets off at a trot halfway in the entrance corridor.

“What an odd girl.” I murmur, my eyes finding the armchair where she was sitting seconds ago.

OH.
 

Jungeun’s POV :

“What’s up with this ??!” The endless ringtone partially overpowers my infuriated voice as the ‘hang up’ button doesn’t respond to my excessive poking. I get more and more worked up on my screen when finally, it gives me a break.

“About time !” I exclaim before sliding down the wall and turning the brat off to avoid any nasty surprises. I look around to check if anybody saw me to set my mind at rest, my eyes grazing the ‘phone on silent’ sign once again. How ironical.

I’m so lost in my thoughts, staring at the wall ahead of me that I don’t hear the library’s door opening.

“Are you alright ?”, I jump at the voice, looking up.

Wow.

What a sharp chin and jawline.

I notice the jacket she’s holding. What a nice leather jacket, it kinda reminds of mine- Wait-where’s mine ??

She holds the jacket out,I think it’s yours ?” she asks as she most likely noticed how I panicked realizing I only have a t-shirt on. “T-thank you.” I almost snatch the jacket away from her grip, getting up to be at her level.
oh. It’s the one from the bookshelves.

She looks even better from up close, her eyes are sort of absorbing, to such an extent that I can't look anywhere else. She seems to come straight out of another planet.

Jinsol’s POV :

Well...this is odd. I didn’t think she would be the kind to stare shamelessly at someone like that...maybe I have something on my face ? I mean from what I’ve seen during our first encounter, she didn’t look that… bold ?

“Hm...” I clear my throat as I start to feel uncomfortable.

She shows signs of life right away, her eyes widening.

“I need to go.” And before I can say anything, she vanishes.

None of that made sense.