Final.

Kiss Cam
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If there was one thing Jungeun hated more than third wheeling, it was to third wheel on someone else’s date at a place full of noisy people. Now she was wondering what was running through her mind when she agreed on tagging along on her friend and her girlfriend’s date to the last basketball game.

Fine, it was a free ticket to a finale that she really wanted to watch, but the mere thought of turning around to see her friend being all clingy with her girlfriend, made her a little sick to her stomach.

Who even goes out to watch other people’s happiness? If she had it with her the only reason that motivated her to go to college everyday, it would’ve been one thing, but seeing Jinsoul acting so lovey-dovey with her cat eyed girlfriend was something completely different.

Being tired of that whole lovey-dovey thing, she went to a snack bar outside the stadium to buy herself all the junk food she could have, maybe with full she would stop complaining about other people’s happiness and watch the game in peace.

However, it wasn’t her luckiest day, the line for hot-dogs was a mile long, the attendants were going insane trying to get all the orders in before people started to fight each other. After a ridiculous long time in line and when there was only two people in front of her, a delicate hand touched her shoulder, making the girl turn around without even a bit of interest to see who it was.

Alright, maybe Jungeun’s luck would get better from that moment on. The angels must’ve heard her prayers and sent that radiant being to save her!

“Haseul!” She couldn’t help the excitement in her voice, her college senior was, in Jungeun’s opinion, the prettiest girl on the health department and perhaps in the whole campus.

“Jungeun!” Haseul gifted her with one of her usual tight hugs, she was always caring with her dongsaengs, but something in the back of Jungeun’s mind told her that this embrace and the mint scent of Jo’s brown hair, was only for her. “I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw you here, you are my savior!”

“Me?” That sounded like the most beautiful confession to Jungeun that was barely alive now.

“Yeah, I came in late and the game is about to begin, if I go back there without hot dogs and soda enough for a crowd I’ll be a dead girl!” The laugh that followed the sentence made Jungeun feel on cloud nine, she could set this sound as her alarm and she would wake up with a smile every day.

“You can just stay here with me, I’m not even here for that long!” Shameless lie, but she would never say ‘no’ to her crush. To Jungeun, Haseul could ask anything, even the world, and she would find a way to give it to her.

Only that the other people in line weren’t very happy with Kim’s decision of letting the other girl just cut through the line to join her, and it didn’t take long for a man much taller than the girls to show up and question:

“Everyone in this line has been waiting, what you two think you’re doing?” The man, who had a bad shave that didn’t help his face to look any better, said.

“I’m sorry, sir, I should’ve come earlier to help out my girlfriend with the food.”

GIRLFRIEND!

Haseul had called Kim Jungeun her girlfriend in front of a crowd and they hadn’t even kissed yet. She took Kim’s hand and kissed it, making the girl static and the man embarrassed, of course he didn’t know it was a lie, the older girl’s face didn’t even tremble, meanwhile Jungeun had to be prompted to turn around to talk to the impatient attendant and place her order.

Jungeun remained silent on the way back to the stadium, and once they were far away from the line she could hear Haseul’s laugh.

“Did you see that man? I guess if I hadn’t told him you were my girlfriend he would’ve taken us both out of the line.” Haseul kept a smile on her face, she seemed to have fun with that whole situation that was driving Jungeun crazy.

“Yeah...That’s true, crazy man.” She wished it was true.

“Did you come alone? Where is your seat?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter