Prologue

Colors

One could never imagine how things would change, never picture a world where humans weren’t the only dominating species. But they had to adapt, had to accept a new reality and the changes. They had to learn to share their own world in order to survive.

Nevertheless, it doesn’t mean everyone agrees on it.

Over a century ago, after the thousands of years where humans dominated the blue planet that they called home, slowly drying its resources and transforming what once was a nearly perfect home into a nearly dead planet, the Saeg arrived.

Back then humanity was at the brink of extinction. No, there were no astronomic wars, no battles or conflicts. The population just naturally started to decrease just like the quality of the air and water in the planet did. Years of warnings were ignored until there wasn’t much they could do to save their rivers and forests. Diseases evolved faster than science, the part of population that was resistant to modern medicine helping to spread the virus through the globe, helping simple diseases that were almost eradicated rise back. Before anyone could stop  it, the rating of deaths between the older and sick population had grown, the susceptible kids following close behind.

The governments around the world tried to fight back, ensuring new health politics and trying to immunize the population, however their efforts were in vain. People guided by crazy religious beliefs, baseless rumors, and their own stubbornness that didn’t allow them to see the big picture, once again posed as a treat to the whole population. The freedom that so many had fought for, had ironically became their doom. Once people realized their mistake, it was already too late. The diseases had evolved, reaching the younger population and decimating most of it.

Humanity managed to ruin in a few centuries what their ancestors had built through thousands of years.

Billions became just millions, massive countries became villages, technology became exclusive to tiny portions of the society – what was left of it.

When the first Saeg ship arrived, there wasn’t much too see – from both sides. Movies loved to portrait such moments as the start of an epic battle, but it wasn’t the case. Earth didn’t have organized military power anymore, even the nations that still had some resources wouldn’t waste it on creating an army that wouldn’t be used. Therefore, if the Saeg were a violent race, it wouldn’t take much to completely annihilate what was left of humanity.

However, the Saeg weren’t in better conditions. All their technology and aircrafts couldn’t save them from a dying planet located under the protection of a White Dwarf star that slowly had lost its warmth, dooming them to a life in cold and darkness. Finding a new home should’ve been an easy task in such universe full of possibilities, but soon the figured that most rocky planets weren’t able to sustain life, at least not life in similar form to them. Travelling through the universe became a fight against time as their resources were limited and their population fragile.

Reaching Earth, for the Saeg, was their only chance at surviving. Just like for humans, bringing Earth back to life was their only way to stay alive.

That’s why they had come to an agreement.

The Saeg had the technology, humans had the place. Their technology could keep both populations health, it could make the water potable and nature alive once more – and all this in exchange of the simple right of sharing a planet. The aliens could fix humans mistakes, if not completely, enough to give them a chance of surviving as one.

It would be naïve to think it meant that a new society free of prejudice or evil would be born from this union. Many still opposed, from both sides. Yet, they didn’t have a choice other than do what they had to.

And like this, a new era for Earth began.

 


 

A/N: I know you guys are probably thinking "wth is this", but I promise this story won't be too have on lore and mainly focused on lipseul's relationship. This chapter is meant only to explain a little bit of how their current world works and introduce this new species that will be important for this story.

This story was planned as a one shot, but I thought it would be better to split it in small chapters. I have around 1/3 of it completed, so the updates will be fast and this story won't be very long.