Final

Dream of Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summer is starting and just like always, Jongin will spend most of the days together with his best friend Kyungsoo. Well actually, the two are inseparable even during school days. Kim Jongin is seven years old while Do Kyungsoo is nine, but despite their two year they still love playing together more than playing with other kids like Chanyeol and Sehun. Today’s a bright Wednesday morning, the two kids are lying on a makeshift bed that’s connected to a big old tree, waiting.

“Should we start playing, or should we wait for the others?” Kyungsoo asks.

“Can we just sleep? I still want to sleep,” Jongin whines.

“Didn’t you woke up late? Now you want to sleep again,”

“Pwese hyung”

“Fine, you sleep for a while. I’ll just get my book in my room,” Kyungsoo said before leaving Jongin to get his book in their house which is just twenty little steps away from where they are.

Jongin, on the other hand, is starting to get drowsy as the breeze of summer air touches him and his eyes start to close. The makeshift bed is one of his favorite spot to sleep on. He really doesn't know why but the hardwood surface lull him to sleep. Few minutes after, a strong wind blows and wakes him from his nap.

“Soo?” Jongin called his friend but no one is answering and so he continued sleeping.

“Soo, make it fast or we’ll be late again!” Jongin heard another voice, a deeper one but what makes him confused is why is the voice calling kyungsoo as well. Quickly, he gets up and saw two familiar guys walking together.

“Soo faster, it’s the first day of school and we shouldn't be late,” he heard the taller guy talking.

“Jongin what’s wrong with you, why are you so excited?”

Jongin’s sleepy eyes widen as he tries to figure out the things in front of him. Did he just hear taller Kyungsoo call the other guy Jongin? As in Jongin like his name?”

Who are these people?

He asks as he stares at them, he runs near and touches them but it seems like none of the two can actually see him, so without a second thought, Jongin follows the two guys to where they are heading. Little Jongin walks beside the “older” Jongin and looks at him from his head down to his shoes, he looks taller than him obviously, however, he notices they have the same eyes, nose and lips. Oh and also he has a scar on his left eyebrow just like the scar Jongin got yesterday.

We look exactly the same, it’s just that he’s taller and bigger than me

“This is my first day in high school, of course I’m excited, plus you're going to school again,” older Jongin said.

Little Jongin pauses for awhile and stares at Kyungsoo. Just like the younger Kyungsoo, this one looks pretty but he looks shorter than the older Jongin, and he walks slower as well. His Kyungsoo always walks ahead of him.

“Well you can walk ahead of me, besides we’re in different floor anyways.”

Jongin stops walking and looks at Kyungsoo. Now both Kyungsoo and little Jongin are looking at the older Jongin, “I can’t do that. You know I promise auntie that I will not leave you,” he said. Kyungsoo smiles while little Jongin starts getting confused. Soon the two friends began walking to the bus stop.

“Why do they need to ride the bus when our school is just in the corner?” he asks himself but still, he continues to follow the two guys.

While waiting, little Jongin looks around the place. It’s still the same village, however, there are a lot of new buildings and establishments added in their place. The bus finally arrives where the two older guys hop on, in which Jongin follows. It’s just a seven minute ride then older Jongin and older Kyungsoo left together with the other students who were also riding the bus.

WELCOME STUDENTS OF HOPE HIGH SCHOOL SY 2018 - 2019

“2018?” little Jongin stops for a while after he saw the big banner that hangs in front of the school gate. His eyes widen when realizing that he’s in the year twenty-eighteen. He then counts in his little fingers how old is this other Jongin starting from two thousand eight where he was seven years old.

“That’s me when I become seventeen?”

Little Jongin lifts his head to look at the older Jongin but he’s not there. Quickly, little Jongin looks around until he spotted him towards the building still next to Kyungsoo. In a rush, little Jongin runs towards them.

“Hey, Jongin wait up!”

Little Jongin stops for a while to see who’s calling him just like what older Jongin is doing, only to find a lanky boy with a crescent eye almost the same height as older Jongin running towards them.

“Move fast Sehunnie!” older Jongin said.

Wait, this is Sehun? The chubby kid Sehun who used to take all my biscuit away from me? Wow, he’s so thin right now.

“I said wait for me you idiot,” Said Sehun who is now running towards Jongin and Kyungsoo, and little Jongin follows.

Little Jongin is already panting when he reaches the older guys since his little body is not used to too much running. Then he saw Sehun greeting Kyungsoo while slapping older Jongin’s shoulder.

“Hey Jongin, my classroom is on the second floor, I’ll go ahead first,” Kyungsoo said before he ruffles Jongin’s hair like he always does since they’re younger.

“Ugh, hyung not my hair,” he whines before he fixes it again.

“You’re such a baby!” Kyungsoo teases before he finally leaves.

Once Kyungsoo’s gone, little Jongin follows behind older Jongin and Sehun. As they walk, he suddenly notices a red string tied around older Jongin’s pinky finger. Little Jongin follows the red string to where it leads until he saw that the other end is tied at Kyungsoo’s pinky finger as well, and the red string gets longer as the two boys walk farther from each other.

“Huh? What is that?” little Jongin asks himself.

He reaches the string to hold and after he does both older Kyungsoo and older Jongin suddenly looks at each in the far distance. When little Jongin looks at Kyungsoo, the older is already waving at older Jongin.

Nothing eventful happens the whole morning in Jongin’s class and so little Jongin did nothing but sit at the platform in front. Until now, he is still amazed that no one from this year can actually see him. It’s like he is a ghost even though he’s not. Minutes later, the bell rings for lunch break and quickly the students get up from their seats, ignoring their teacher who’s still talking in front. Little Jongin began walking towards older Jongin where the latter is waiting for Sehun who’s still taking down some notes.

“Are you done?”

“Almost, you can go ahead first and find Kyungsoo hyung. I’ll just follow in a while.”
 

There’s a big and messy crowd inside the cafeteria right now. A long line of students who are going to buy food for their lunch. Jongin scratches his hair, he should have gone earlier. Then he heard someone calling his name, he turns around and saw Kyungsoo sitting in a table with another person.

“Hey come here, I got your food.”

Jongin couldn’t take his eyes off of the pretty guy beside Kyungsoo. Thankfully, his friend introduces the two of them. Jongin smiles and reaches his hands to shake. Byun Baekhyun, he read this name tag. Then the three of them began eating, Jongin told how he is beginning to like High School. Suddenly, little Jongin got surprised when everything around him changes. They weren’t in the school cafeteria anymore, but rather in a street where there are a lot of stores, coffee shops, and restaurant.

Little Jongin look around and found Jongin’s walking alongside Baekhyun while Kyungsoo is walking behind them together with Sehun and Chanyeol. The boys are wearing their casual shirt and looks like they are heading to a coffee shop. Little Jongin follows them like he always does, he is walking behind the five boys that’s why he didn't clearly hear what they are talking but he can see that Kyungsoo doesn’t look happy at all.

Also, the red string he saw earlier is still visible but he isn’t sure if the older guys can see it. It is still around Kyungsoo’s and Jongin’s pinky finger. Again, little Jongin becomes curious and so he decided to walk closer to Kyungsoo to check the red thread.

“Ouch!” Kyungsoo screeches, causing the other guys to stop walking and look at him.

“What happened?” Sehun asks.

“I don’t know I just felt like someone pinched my pinky finger” he answers.

Both Chanyeol and Sehun laugh, while Jongin only stops for a while and just stares at him. Kyungsoo lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter