1.0

My Miracle

A child's cry.

Daniel who was forced to wake up earlier than intended with a massive headache to top everything. Yep its a good morning to me.

A loud wailing was the cause of everything. He grumpily walked to his door to maybe ask his neighbors to keep the volume down. Daniel needs his well deserved rest after 2 days of trying to come up with a good Tv Program courtesy of jisung who was the reason for his suffering.

He might have opened his front door to loudly, the cry got louder and clearer. Daniel was confused. He was confused why is there a baby cry at his doorstep and he is confused why his neighbor is looking at him like some irresponsible guy.

Daniel sighs, picking up the basket that holds the crying baby he went inside and tried atleast he tried to calm down the wailing baby in his arms.

I need to call jisung hyung.

 

Dialing jisung's number he was still confused and lost at the same time. When jisung picked up, Daniel cant help but release a deep sigh.

" i hope you have a good reason calling at our day off niel- ah."

" i have  hyung and you need to come here at my house." The younger sighed.

"Please hyung." Daniel begged with an obvious panic tone.

"I'll be there in 10 mins. Calm down." Jisung calmed down daniel thri thru the phone 

 

Jisung did came to daniel's house and he was greeted by a daniel craddling and coaxing the baby in his arms to calm down, it was and endearing sight but also a messy one.

"Where the hell did you even got that baby?" Jisung shrilled, Making the baby cry louder.

"Ah hyungggg, why did you have  to that?" The younger whined.

After explaining the things that had happened earlier jisung was also lost but also pittied daniel. Daniel was barely 24 and just starting work, he doesnt need another burden.

"So whats your plan on that baby?" Jisung asked as he look at the daniel who is craddling the baby while humming lowly.

"Well, i don't really have the heart to put her on adoption, but also i need my mom's approval if im planning on taking care of this child." Daniel answered jisung honestly.

"But niel, you're barely 24. You just got your first job. You're life is just starting." Jisung said to daniel, who was in deep thought.

"But hyung." Daniel started. "Don't you think this kid is like my own lucky charm" daniel said slowly "i mean she might be the little happiness i've been wishing for?" 

Jisung could only sigh. He basically grew up with daniel and yes daniel might be very happy and bright kid, he surely needs a person that would bring him happiness at the least.

"If thats what you think then, go on." Jisung said and smiled at the younger. "I'm ready to help you if ever you need one."

"Thanks hyung" a small smiled grazed daniel's lips as he look at the little baby in his hands.

And there, daniel at a tender age of 24 had his own baby girl to take care off and showe with love

 

~*

4 years have passed since tht day daniel decided that he would take care of the baby.

The last years weren't really easy, the adjusting and struggling as a solo parent. But you can say it was worth it, seeing her little princess smile or hear her laugh was enough for daniel.

Daniel's little princess was now 4 years old and he wasn't just merely an intern, he was the co-executive producer in their network. We can say everything went well. 

"Princess mira, are you already awake?" daniel says as he carefully stride to the bedside of her daugther. He was answered by a giggle. A smile automatically decorated daniel's lips.

"Baby, you need to wake now or you'll be late for your daycare" daniel sits down on the bedside making the bed dip.

Again another little giggle. Daniel suddenly caged his little princess and tickled her. Making the whole room fill with laughters. 

"D-ad, DAAAAAD" shouted mira. 

"Are you awake now princess?" Daniel asked his daughter. Mira nodded enthusiastically.

"Go wash up and you eat breakfast, hmm?"  Daniel said to his daughter and the little girl complied wordlessly.

Daniel went down to prepare the plates and to brew his morning coffee. 

Minutes after that morning show the father and daughter duo did, mira went down, all washed up. Daniel can't help but to scoop up her daughter and pepper her with kisses, which the little girl only giggled.

"Aren't you excited to see jinyoung or woojin later at the daycare?" Daniel asked his daughter.

"Mira is excited!" The little girl said. 

"Well then eat up fast and we'll go to the daycare." Daniel said and he picked up his bag along with his daughters cute dress.

"Okay!" Mira excitedly answered to daniel.

This particular morning was actually the same with the others but daniel felt something was slightly different.

When they got to the daycare. A piercing scream made the two of the look at the person who screamed.

"KANG MILLAAAAAAAAAAAAA"  a little boy screamed.

"Ujin" mira replied.

"Hello Mistel kang" the little boy greeted daniel.

"Well hello there woojin." Daniel said and ruffled woojin's hair, making the little boy reveal his cute snaggletooth.

"I'll be picking you up after work baby, so be good okay?" Daniel instructed to his daughter. Mira nodded and walked away with woojin in tow.

"Good morning daniel" greetd by someone making daniel jump in suprise.

"jaehwan! You scared  me!" Daniel screamed.

"Well hello too." Jaehwan laughed.

"So, yea. I was gonna say. Why not hire a babysitter niel?" Jaehwan suddenly said.

"I don't really trust nannies or babystitters." Daniel said to jaehwan.

"But your poor daughter, have been playing alone and basically living at the daycare, you know your work isn't really 8 to 8 thing." Jaehwan explained. Making daniel contemplate.

"My cousin can work for you if you like. He volunteered here once and mira was totally inlove with him." Jaehwan nudged daniel. 

"I think i could try. Whats his name?" Daniel asked.

"Oh, its ong seongwu."

 

Maybe daniel got curious who was this guy and maybe jaehwan was speaking the whole truth.  Just maybe.

 

~*~

A loud ringing

Groans and trashing around was the only sound that was heard in the dark room.

"Speak now or forever to never speak again" a raspy voice answered the call.

"I'd rather speak, thank you very much" the other male answered on the other line.

"Okay jaehwan, what the hell?" grumpily answered by the other male.

"Okay first of all hyung, get your up away from your bed and second i got you a job, A literal job for your information seongwu-ssi" jaehwan naggingly yet proudly said.

"If thats another of your weird part time jobs, im gonna pass on that" seongwu sarcastically replied back.

"hyung, if i say its a job, its a ing job right." jaehwan sniggered. "hyung, remember the cute little girl in the daycare i work at?" jaehwan asked seongwu

"yea, i remember her." answered seongwu. "it's kang mira right?" seongwu added. A small smile appearing on his face.

"so yea, i conviced his father to hire a babysitter for his little princess and i said to him that you were up for the job." jaehwan explained. "and may i add. mira's father is deadass handsome." jaehwan said rather dreamy. not that seongwu totally hates it, he does super hate it.

"he said okay to you?!" seongwu replied back maybe a little sarcastic.

"of course, who am i? im the main everything kim jaehwan, ong seongwu-ssi" jaehwan said rather to proudly. seongwu snorted and rolled his eyes.

sometimes jaehwan's confidence is on another level.

"hey! i can fell your eyes rolling until here!" jaehwan gasped. "so he wants to meet you tomorrow, i guess, just come here to the daycare and i'll do the rest for you cousin." jaehwan added.

"okay, see you tomorrow i guess" seongwu said to jaehwan

"ciao, now go back to your precious sleep."
 

"i will" then he hanged up the phone.
 

~*

when seongwu said jeahwan is a utter , he really means it.

imagine seongwu a failed book writer and a ghost writer for drama scripts. jaehwan never fails to remind him that.

it was almost 11 pm when the kakao app on his pc pinged. to never his surprise it was his one and only annoying cousin, kim jaehwan, reminding him about the babysitting work.

okay cousin, tomorrow try to dress up pretty, for the sake of me and your future.
seen

of course i will, you dimwit. i won't fail me and my future.

come here at 8an sharp! okay?
seen

of course!

seongwu sighed and went back to the 2nd chapter of his book. mentally writing the things he needed to finish tonight.
seongwu typing away on his laptop. he who didn't noticed the time and totally have forgotten about the job meeting he needs to go to practically later.

a loud ringing of the phone broke the serenity of the room.

a deja vu?

seongwu groggily picked up his phone and looked at the caller and viola its none other than kim jaehwan.

"okay what the hell jaehwan?" seongwu picked up the call and answered a little annoyed.

"oh god, don't tell me you forgot about it!" jaehwan pratically screamed at his ear.

"i forgot about what?" seongwu asked feeling really confused. he knows he didn't forgot a thing last night.

"oh my ghad ong seongwu! your babysitting job. what the hell." jaehwan shrieked.
and seongwu felt like a cold water was thrown at his body.

"what time is it?" screamed seongwu and hastily got up making him dizzy at the sudden movement but still ran to the bathroom to wash up.

" its 7:00 now, so make it faster if you are planning on making it here on time." jaehwan said before hanging up the call.

seongwu groaned and went on to the bathroom and washed himself up, faster than he could imagine.
 

~*
 

in record time he got to the daycare, using his 2nd hand car, in a snap he got there before 8am but mira and his father is a lot faster than him,he saw jaehwan talking to the daughter and father duo rather animatedly. he was lying if he wasn't at awe as the scenes unfold infront of his eyes.

but what shocked seongwu was the view of mira's father, it was a total snatcher, it looked sturdy and broad, perfect for snuggling and burying his face on, seongwu thought. okay seongwu what's with the creepy thoughts on your future boss.

jaehwan looked up and instantly lit up "hey! seongwu here!" jaehwan said. Maybe seongwu's breath stopped for a moment. when mira's father turned to look at him. yes him! seongwu had a little episode of hyperventilating and blushing like crazy.

"jaehwan" seongwu said in almost a whisper voice.

"hyung, he's mira's father. kang daniel. daniel, here's my cousin. ong seongwu" jaehwan introduced them and winked at him.

a bright smile appeared at daniel's face "nice to meet you! seongwu-ssi" daniel greeted him with a 90 degree bow.  what a gentleman.  Seongwu thinks.

"uhm, yes, hello mira's father." seongwu replied sounding shy and reserved. which was not really the real seongwu. okay maybe just alittle.

"you can just call me daniel, seongwu-ssi" daniel said to seongwu with a very bright smile.

"o-oh, okay then daniel-ssi" seongwu stummered.

"so, let's talk about the job. hmm?" jaehwan suddenly piped in. "let's go to my table then?" jaehwan offered.

"lets do that jaehwan-ah" daniel said, the way daniel called jaehwan made seongwu a little jealous that. lucky bastard

"come, princess, lets follow jjaeni-ssaem" daniel cutely said to mira. JJAENI? OKAY JAEHWAN WHAT THE HELL TEACH ME YOUR WAYS!!!

they followed jaehwan to the faculty room and there settles rather quickly, jaehwan sitting on his chair while daniel was sitting right infront of seongwu while mira was on his lap annd seongwu of course feeling a little awkward at the stare daniel was giving he opted in staring at jaehwan's laptop.

"so about the babysitting job" jaehwan started, breaking the weird awkwardness in the air.

"oh yea," daniel laughed and scratched his nape. it was a cute habit that seongwu would like to see everyday. "about that, uhm is it okay if you start now i mean, its my day off right now but i want you to start on familiarizing everything, mira isn't that handful but you know kids they are naturally a big task" daniel rambled.
"also if its not a burden, is it okay that you stay at our house, i mean if it isn't really okay then it's fine for me" daniel added.

"oh. im actually okay on living in your home, if its really needed." seongwu said. "oh right, daniel what your work so i can you know adjust." seongwu added.

"oh, i'm a producer." daniel simply said. making the cousins literally drop their jaws.

"wow daniel, i didn't know" jaehwan started. "like i have a clue" seongwu added. again daniel scratched his neck and the tips of his ear was getting red. "it's not a big deal though" daniel said.

"so yea, back  to the topic" daniel said. "sometimes i might not go home or have those late night works, you know." daniel added. seongwu and jaehwan nodded.

" wait, why am i nodding too?" jaehwan suddenly said making the three of them to laugh hard while mira was just looking at them rather weirdly.

"so i guess, it's settled then?" jaehwan said and seongwu nodded at his cousin.

"i'll leave mira here in the daycare since it's school time now and i'll be bringing seongwu-ssi with me to our home" daniel stood up and left a peck at his daughters chubby cheeks. "see you later, my princess, hmm?" daniel looked at mira lovingly. mira smiled and nodded at his father.

"so let's go now?" daniel suddenly turned his attention to seongwu who was flustered at the sudden attention "o-oh, we should get going now." seongwu replied to daniel.

daniel smiled at him. okay sun you can now retire, daniel has came to steal your job.

 

after 30 mins of driving and sewing thru the traffic inside daniel's car they got to daniel's humble home.

"ah hyung" daniel said suddenly making seongwu flat out suprised. "oh is it okay to call you hyung seongwu-ssi?" daniel asked as he looked at the seongwu who flusteredly looked at daniel.

"oh, it's okay, i don't really care about that" seongwu smiled, now it was daniel's turn to be flustered.

"well then hyung! let's start the house tour!" daniel said rather excitedly. wow he was cute.

"okay then daniel" seongwu snorted. in his eyes he looked like an over excited puppy.

"ooooh you called me daniel" daniel looked at him and smiled too brightly, maybe seongwu melted a little or maybe alot.

"of course" seongwu said rather cutely.

" well then let's go to the bedrooms" daniel basically dragged seongwu with him.

"the left door is mira's old room, you can use it, let me just hire some workers to renovate the room and on the right side is mira's and mine's shared room, when mira was 2 years old, she had a terrible nightmare and there started she cannot sleep on her own or sleeping on a different bed that isn't mine." daniel explained.
"if ever mira tried to drag you at the bedroom, please don't hesitate to sleep on my room." daniel added.

"okay then. please excuse my rudeness" seongwu said and smiled at daniel.

"okay so next the time schedules, im kinda strict to time when it comes to time, so heres mira and mine's timetable" daniel handed a folder to seongwu. "my timetable only consists of morning since the moment i go to work time isn't really relevant since you know the running around and all" daniel explained, seongwu nodded.

"theres a complete list too about mira's favorites and hates, and my food allergies, basically in that folder you can find it all" daniel added and pointed at folder seongwu was holding. "so if you have any question you can ask me anytime." daniel added and smiles at seongwu.

"uhm about your payment, theres a contract inside the folder too, you can input any amount you like and we will discuss it by next week hopefully" daniel said."

seongwu looked around and to his suprise he only found pictures of him and mira and some unknown people with mira or him, even jaehwan has a picture inside daniel's house, seongwu pouted a little.

"can i ask a personal question?" seongwu suddenly asked looking at daniel if ever he is uncomfortable or what.

"shoot away" daniel said with a smile.

"why don't you have any photo of mira's mother?" seongwu asked rather slowly and cautious.

"oh, it's because mira doesn't have a mother." daniel answered without batting an eyelash. so are you saying he self reproduced mira? what the hell? or am i being an idiotic ong again? im lost, send help.

"what?" seongwu asked rather loudly.

"i mean mira was left right at my doorstep. i was 24 that time and just an intern too." daniel started, they both went to the couch and sat comfortably. "mira isn't my real daughter. but she was the most adorable kid that i have seen and i thouht she was the missing puzzle in my life, well she was. she was the happiness i long for. so even being a single parent in my early age i was okay and happy until now. mira is my miracle." daniel explained. "the moment i turned 25, she became officially my own daughter. i strived hard on my work and on keeping mira alive, so as you can see, im here and a very lovely mira at my side. yes, days were hard but its always bearble with mira on my side." daniel finished his long speech with a smile on his face.

maybe in some way mira and daniel is my miracle too?

"so lets go to your apartment now?" daniel suddenly stood up and looked at seongwu again.

"let's get you settled here fast, okay?" daniel said excitedly.

"i can totally imagine mira going home later excitedly" daniel said with a laugh.

me too, daniel, me too. im excited to see how my life will turn out with you and mira added to my rather monochromatic life.

When Mira comes home, with his father on tow, an excited scream from the little girl was heard in the whole apartment. With a breathy chuckle from Mira's Father.

 

"DDEONGWU-OPPA!"