WHO?

The One That Got Away

It was the start of the semester when Jeonghan first met him. His unrequited love. Choi Seungcheol.

He can still remember it like it happened yesterday.

 

 

Jeonghan is nervous. He could not even get a proper sleep last night because he was thinking of what he should do as a college student.

“It’s okay Yoon Jeonghan. You can do this!” he whispered to himself. Taking a deep breath, he entered the university with a light heart.

Surveying the grounds as he entered with other students like him. There were some who were already chatting with their friends while there are others who are like him. Arriving alone.

But he did not let it deter him.

There was still a short meeting in the university’s auditorium before they were told to disperse for their first day of class. Luckily, his first subject that day was psychology. Something that he was very good at.

Jeonghan took the seat from the back – so that he could sneak some nap if he needs it – and waits for someone to take the chair next to him. The classroom slowly fills up, Jeonghan counts the number of students that entered. Currently, there was about 20 people who already went in.

He sighed, since it was obvious that no one would like to sit beside him.

“It’s okay, Jeonghan! You can do this!” whispering the same mantra to himself again.

The noise inside the room dials down when the professor strode inside.

“Good Morning class, I’m your professor for Psychology 102. I am pleased to mee -”  The teachers greeting was abruptly cut off when a disheveled student came running.

“SIR, I’M SO SORRY, SIR!” he apologizes in a booming voice which caused some laughter and snicker around the whole class.

Flustered, the professor told him to go to his seat. Jeonghan was chuckling when he saw the guy bump into other tables and chairs before he decided to take the seat next to him. The man took some time moving around, and when he was done, he faced Jeonghan who was still having trouble hiding his mirth.

“Ummmm… hi, I’m Choi Seungcheol. But you can call me S.Coups. Sorry about the whole thing there… but I think it’s okay because you found it funny.” The man said. His face a bit red – probably because he became the class’ clown.

When Jeonghan could already manage to control his urge to giggle, he look at the extended hand in front of him and shake it. “Pleasure. My name’s Yoon Jeonghan, just call me Jeonghan. But what you did there was gold.” He replied.

After that, the two became close.

 

Honestly, Jeonghan wasn’t sure when he developed his feelings with Seungcheol but suddenly he couldn’t stop thinking about the male. He would also get flustered when the latter would tuck a stray hair behind his ear. Or his need to always be close to his side.

“I can’t take math anymore!” someone said behind him, slinging their arm around their shoulder. Jeonghan move his head to his right and saw Seungcheol who was squishing his whole body towards him.

“Hey, can you take you gross body away from mine.” He said teasingly towards the other.

Seungcheol gasp in exaggeration. “How dare you call yourself my friend if you can’t even touch me!” the older replied but instead of moving away he pushed himself closer to Jeonghan.

“Ya! Choi Seungcheol!” He cried out, annoyed.

But inside he’s squealing like a girl. I swear to God, this guy will be the death of me.

Their teasing continued, until Seungcheol suddenly straightened up. “Right, I was about to tell you something.” The latter said in a serious voice.

“Oh, what is it?”

“Well… are you free this Saturday?” Seungcheol hesitantly asked, biting his lip as though he was nervous.

WHAT!? WHAT’S HAPPENING IS HE ASKING ME OUT? Okay, keep calm Yoon Jeonghan! Don’t try to agree to fast. Act cool about it.

“I’m not sure. Why are you asking?” he nonchalantly replied, trying to act passive.

“Umh, there’s an event on… this café on… Melchoar Road, and they just opened. And I’m wondering if you want to go there this Saturday…”

THIS IS IT! THIS IS IT! I THINK HE’S GOING TO ASK YOU OUT. FINALLY!

Jeonghan was quiet for a few seconds before he replied to Seungcheol’s invitation. “Since you seem to want to go to this café, well, I guess I’m in. Your treat though.”

“Really! You agree! This Saturday?” Seungcheol just looked at him in amazement then he proceeded to hug the blonde-haired male. “Thank you, Jeonghan. THANK YOU!”

Noticing the stares they were getting, he tapped on the elder to let him go. “Okay, okay. I already agreed let me go.”

“I promise you won’t regret it.” The other said before he left Jeonghan since he still have things he needed to do.

Jeonghan smiled and patted himself a little bit for acting cool awhile ago.

Good job, Jeonghan! You’re finally getting yourself a boyfriend.

 

 

That Day

Two girls in the library are eyeing a certain cat-eyed male with the gentle smile. They’ve noticed the studious habits of the gentleman that’s why they frequent the library just to ogle at him.

“Should we approach him?” the girl with bangs asked her friend.

“Wait,” the latter whispered. Watching the male intensely when he suddenly received a message. “Someone texted him.”

The other girl pushed at her friend to see what’s happening. “Really, I wonder who it was fr - ” the girl didn’t finish her sentence when the male laugh out of nowhere. And it was heavenly, the girls both thought, as the other was covering his mouth while he laughs at the text message he received.

“I wonder what it says…”

“Yeah”

 

Meanwhile…

 

Muscled-Man

Be ready by 7 bro!

 

 

 

 

I promise to not, not end this one! My grammar’s kinda all-over-place because I posted this half-drunk on coffee. I hope you like it. And who do you think Jeonghan will date? Hehe, I will add a lot of plot twists so that you won’t think it’s predictable.

Goodluck everyone and please do comment on what you think about the first chapter.

P. S. I'm also sorry if you read this thinking that you'll get to read jihan first but... yeah! Sorry, I'll make it up to you guys soon!