The Awakening

I am not Jihyo or maybe I am

Beep... beep.... beep... “uugghh” I yawned, turned the alarmed off and opened my eyes. ‘same room, same day huh. Nothing had changed what a boring life’ I said to myself.

I yank myself out of the bed and walked to the bathroom to wash and clean myself after that I walked myself to the kitchen to have a breakfast.

“mhmm I didn’t notice that it’s raining today. I sooo... wished there is no work today” I mumbled.

While eating I turned the TV on and watched the Morning News. It seems the topic is about an accident of a particular “Korea’s # 1” girl group Twice. Even though they are very popular I do not delve nor so dedicate myself to idols, why simply because they are just people who work hard in manufacturing themselves in a manufactured company. It’s not that I hate them; it’s just that they’re very common and they all look the same. That is why I don’t have the time for it.

“Pretty interesting...let me guess it’s just a minor accident, what is up with girl groups and accidents it’s like attracting a freaking magnet to them...” I said uninterested. As the story goes on the newscaster explained the details “The cause of the accident is due to the heavy rainfall and the cold weather due to its condition the road in the highway area became slippery. Base on the information we had gathered from the witnesses and reporters they said that everyone is praying for.......” the screen out.

“Huh? Everyone what? Oh a blackout in the morning great... just great” and a lightning struck outside the window. “and the rain turned into a storm, can it get any better”. I said nonchalantly.

‘To be honest I do not know why I’m in a bad mood or something is it due to the fact that its best to sleep when it’s raining or me not being a morning person or maybe just a bit of both. ‘Maybe just a bit of both or something, well time is ticking might as well get to my destination.’ I minded

As I head out of my house and into the street I stumbled upon an old lady in black who is wearing like one of those in comedy thriller tv dramas in short I’m expecting drama. She seems to be selling something and she approaches me “Good morning my dear would you like to buy some good ol trinkets from good ol me” the old lady said and has a very deep accent. ‘I’m guessing she’s from the countryside or she could be just a very good actress in scamming because you know big cities has its pros and cons.’

“Uhmm I’m sorry eomonnie but I must be on my way I do not want to be late on my work and uhh... I think it would be best for you to go home too eomonnie cause I believe that there is a storm approaching I do not want you to get caught by it on my behalf” I said kindly.

“Well it seems that you do not want me to stay with you any longer is it because you do not like me” the old lady joked.

“No... No... Its not like that I just don’t want to be a bother” I said curtly ‘Seriously ahjumma you are really bothering me and you’re going to get us both wet in this condition’ I’m getting impatient.

“It seems that I should get going then...and” ‘as she was about to move she stopped and she handed me something’  “oh here take this as a thank you for worryin good ol me” She said smiling and started to wave away.

As she walked away, I was speechless and felt a little guilty for shooing her away. But still I waved back and murmur “thank you” I said it before she can hear me as she was about to walk the street.

I turned and started walking while inspecting this oddly trinket, it seems she had given me a dreamcatcher with veins of thread forming a crossword T or + ’she must be a Christian, depending on the weave but still weird and my first time seeing a cross in this kind charm weaver. Weird but nevertheless still cool maybe with some beads or string I could make this a worthy bracelet or necklace.’ I kept it in my pocket as I moved to my destination when I heard someone yelling “ahjumma”

I tread backwards to know what the commotion is about, while approaching the scene I saw the old lady lying on the ground. As I go near her I saw a rather strange shadow lying on the ground too also but it didn’t go unnoticed as it simply vanished. Very weird maybe I’m the only one who is seeing it but for now I didn’t think about it too much.

“Eomonnie” I yelped “Somebody call an ambulance” a by passer said. “Already called” a concerned citizen said. “Is she going to be alright” the truck driver said. “I think she’s still alive, breathing, and unconscious and a few fracture bones but she’s gonna live. “I said as I heard her breathing”.

A few minutes later the paramedics have arrived and the old lady is being escorted inside the ambulance van while the authorities are questioning the truck driver and the other nearby witnesses.

While I was about to be on my way one of the paramedics staff is looking for the old lady’s guardian.

“Does this old lady have any guardian or any acquaintance in the area?” the staff said expectantly. Some of the crowd look at me. ‘Really...really I am super duper late and this old lady has caused me so much trouble than I can ever imagined why are these people dragging me in this mess.

“I uhh.. wah.. what? Wait!” as the staff dragged me inside the ambulance van. “I give up” I murmured poorly. As we head straight to one of Seoul’s hospitals. While inside the van I looked at the old lady she doesn’t look dishevelled or severely injured she seems peaceful but not dead in any manner.

Once we arrived at the hospital doors I was asked to stay. Even so I told them that I had to go somewhere and that its work related but one of the staff said that ‘life is more important’.

‘So much for this hospital’s motto’ I minded sarcastically. As time goes by the doctors and surgeons came to me like expecting some answers. “It seems like Mrs. Angel One Lee is in good condition and remarkably recovering quite fast..... to be quite honest, this kind of cases are very rare and quite a phenomenon considering her age to ............” the doctor explained the details in a way astonished.

‘To be honest I quite lost interest.. I mean like who the heck names their child Angel One if there are any child whose name is like Angel One I’m pretty sure they’ll get easily picked on and I already doubted this weird old lady will be the karma of me I mean like seriously so much for a day and its already been hours and the brewing storm outside the hospital ugghhh.. so much for not so boring day ’

As the doctor finished informing me he guided me through the hallways up to the old lady’s ward but not just any ward a single large ward with furnitures leading up to a single room. “Weird” I mumbled confused. “yes” The doctor seemed to heard me.

“oh in case you are wondering these kind of wards are for VIP guests”. The doctor said.

‘VIP is she an aristocrat or something or she could be just a very ‘very special’ person with nothing against all special people.’ I wondered if I’m still thinking straight.

“Oh and she wanted to talk to you privately” the doctor said calmly.

“Huh why am I going by myself aren’t you supposed to come with me and you know check on her condition so she......” I was shoved in like rude. ‘Like who cares.’ I sighed.

Once I entered the room its very bright like eerily bright which made my eyelids squint as I walked further a shape or a shadow is starting to form in a distance at first it was hard to see in a distance but in a matter of minutes my eyes slowly adjusted to its bright lighting. I continued to walk looking for the special old lady and it started to get foggy since its not smoke because I don’t see any fire. “a fog huh? since when did the hospita..... ha.. what the ****” I fall face flat on a blue sky hard. ‘Wait....Blue....Sky....Hard’ my mind is processing many things at once.

Then someone said “Did your mother kiss your mouth. In case you are to shock digest anything you are in Heaven.”

“No **** Sherlock I noticed” I said. ‘huh? wait weird why did it beep?’ “**** **** ***** ****** **************************” I continued.

“ENOUGH!!!!” The lady said strongly “In case you do not understand those words are prohibited in this realm” she said in a towering order.

“Aigoo...aigoo is ahjumma mad at me for not buying her cute wittle trinkets” I said teasingly

“I cannot believe you are the same person that I talked to earlier” she said a bit surprised

“Yes, I guess I’m just showing my true colors. I am very very sorry if I offended you pretty lady. I am just curious, so you’re the old lady much younger right?” I asked expectantly

“You are correct but I am not the old lady she is merely my persona in disguise” she said calmly

“Disguise huh just admit it that she would look like you when your future comes.” I said sarcastically

“What? Huh... humans... I’m going to admit you are good with your sarcastic witty comebacks but hear I say I am tolerating you because you have done a good deed today” the angel lady said

“Good deed today; aren’t deeds done like everyday why today only besides I don’t remember doing a good deed today to be honest I’m pretty pissed and in a bad mood the whole day” I asked questioningly

“Oh forgive me it seems your spirit is quite lost yet and experiencing aftershocks of the happenings” she said solemnly

“OH! Oh? Oh....uh...oh...” I said the last part sadly “Wait! how exactly did I died from what I can remember you were the one on the ground and not me and how did I interact with all the people from the street up to way here?

“The things I may tell you may shock you”. She explained

“This is what has truly happened when the truck was about to hit the old lady you suddenly dash to her side the reason is quite simple by your distance to her and your good amount of conscience”.

 I interrupted “really is there really an amount in conscience?” I asked hysterically.

She continued “and then you pulled her out of there”.

I asked confused. ” wait...wait.. I pulled her out of there which means were both safe so how the heck did I died?”

She explained carefully “She was already on the other side of the road and since you pulled her out of road that the truck was on, you and the old lady are still on the road.....”

“Well **** indeed” I said nonchalantly

“Yes indeed” she nodded sadly

“You angels are pretty messed up you know that right?” I said pretty much disturbed

“I’m sorry” she said meekly

“Who cares it just makes me want to kill myself less now” I said dryly

“Oh really that is great then” she lightens up

“Well too bad I’m dead” I barked back

“To continue with the story as you pulled her out, another truck was already approaching on the other side of the road with lacking time and reflex you decided to push the old lady because you believe that you have a higher chance of surviving the collision” she said

“Let me guess that higher chance didn’t work out with me” I said then she nodded. “So I just lost my life in a most heroic way yet in a stupidly fashion” I said annoyingly as she didn’t look at me straight in the eye

“But still it bothers me how did the paramedics, the doctors, other people were able to interact with me and this trinket.....wait does the trinket had to do with something?” I asked

“Yes that trinket has the ability to Push and Pull Sequences in life” she said

“So basically I died but I have this trinket so I didn’t quote on quote died but somewhat or something else in place of me so that explains the shadow in the street that was me who had passed in that timeline. So If I didn’t die why the heck am I here then” I said as something is boiling in my head

“You are very perceptive and smart it seems I was not wrong for doubting your intelligence because you have been given a greater purpose now for He has personally chosen you as His own Angel.” The angel said

“He?” I questioned

“The Holy One and The Only One our Maker and Creator of all things our God” she stated proudly

“Ahhhh...  guess I can’t argue with God” I shrugged

 

“I’ll take your statement as a compliment” I said bothered

“but me... as in me an angel wait isn’t this going a bit too fast I mean like why me; aren’t angels supposedly come from good people like churches to priests to bishops to saints? I mean I’m honoured and all but it kinda feels unworthy and bothersome for a person like me right?” I said

“Well that is why He has chosen you because you are not perfect nor is imperfect which helps you find what part of you is missing that might help you fill it with experience, knowledge, wisdom and many more so that you may become whole but be careful, if too much of it is taken it may lead it to your downfall and become hungry, greedy, malevolent and other more.” She said

“Well you actually sound like an angel for once there and if I would want more I could basically become a fallen angel” I asked

“You are right; now rise Angel of Eternal for He has bestow upon you a vessel worthy of your expertise” the angel said proudly as the realm has shunned me its ray of light.

“Really Eternal I mean it’s pretty cringey and cheesy. So let me guess you’re the Angel of Destiny” I felt bashful

“First of all deal with it and secondly its Fate, I am the Angel of Fate” she said not amused

“So Fate huh what was your real name and now that I think about it what will happen to my old name, old body or old life?” I asked

“It will simply vanished, be removed from existence like all things are” she said shrugging

“Right; Now that I think about it..., it... feels like a part of me has been erase it.... feels very light like something has lifted my worries or problems. Oh well it.... feels like it.... doesn’t matter to me right now.” I felt light as a feather

 “So who is this vessel worthy of my expertise that I am required to? Don’t tell me I have to babysit someone?” I asked with a hint of worrisome

“Oh base on secrecy and privacy we cannot tell you who this person is but you would find out as you become that person for it will be a lesson for you two.” She said

“For us two you mean were sharing the same body. I mean like I wish I had full control over my body not sharing it with a mortal”  ’hah mortal, it’s my first time actually saying it to a mortal’

“You know what, let us end this conversation” she started to push me in a hushed manner

“Oh I almost forgot the person you are in vessel with will be staying here in the afterlife for a while. Meaning to say this person will have a few tests before they can return to their body.  But for now before you go down there I want you to act like you wouldn’t even remember a thing like a newborn baby but will still have the knowledge in the current events you’ll know when you get there” Angel of Fate has taken hold of me and thrown me to the Well of Clouds.

“Wait why are telling me this now? You ******* angel............“ I said as I fall to my doom as the angel waved smugly

As I fall it felt like having those falling out of the bed dreams.