4 o'clock

4 o'clock scenery

Taehyung has a weird concept about love. At least, that's what all his friends say. Maybe because when he talks about his love, instead of saying 'i love him', he says 'i purple him'. And that's because Taehyung as soon as he sees him, his heart becomes a purple ocean; ocean, because it has no end, and purple, because it he had seen the seventh color of the rainbow only once, but it was beautiful. 

He doesn't really care about what the others say. He just feels everything his heart is capable to feel, and learns always about it. 

Sometimes, he doesn't talk to the ones around him because they might not understand him, so, at 4 o'clock, he wakes up, and talks to the moon. 

The moon always understands him, because Taehyung feels like they're similar. We can only see the moon when it's night time, but it's always there. Just like Taehyung, he's always there, but you can only see his real self when he wants to open up.  

"Hi moon, it's 4 o'clock, again" Taehyung greets at the shining moon whispering because he doesn't want to wake up his flatmates. Moon light's invades his dark room, making him smile.

Obviously, he gets no answer. But he really doesn't care about it. He just wants someone, or something that listens to him. So with his sleepy eyes and messy hair, he starts telling the moon his day. 

"Today I saw him. It wasn't easy for me to talk to him, because he's always busy. But maybe one day we could go anywhere together, like to Namjoon's café, and drink something. Can you imagine it? I'm already blushing! We would hold hands or even hug to warm each other up... Well, it was a little bit cringy, wasn't it? I should go to sleep. You too, moon. Good night"

He closes his window and heads to his bed. He doesn't feel cold anymore, so he won't need to cover up. He wishes the moon could dream beautifully too. So, when he looks at the moon again, he thinks about his love, he shuts his eyes and falls sleep immediately. He's sure he's going to dream beautifully. 


-----

It's snowing. Taehyung's breath gets heavy, and his hands get so cold. His feet stink in the snow, and his clothes start to get colored by the white snow. But he doesn't care, he feels happy because he's going to see him. No matter how much it snows, his heart is always warm when he thinks about his love, Jeon Jungkook.

He starts to sing the song he has written a few days ago, next to the moon, as always. 

"I still wonder, wonder..." It's a little bit selfish, but he loves his song more than anything. His feelings were put in those lyrics, and he feels proud. He often sings the song to the moon also. 

"I want to make you mine" Again, his song. Not too loudly, because a lot of people are around him. He's waiting for the train to come. It's the first time there, so his curiosity makes him want to give a look at everything. He wouldn't stop singing until he saw him. Jeon Jungkook, it's him. 

Taehyung starts getting nervous, he swears he would be sweating a lot if it wasn't snowing like if he was in Antarctica. He wants to say something, but his mouth is frozen, his words also are. So, he decides to not say a thing. He has to pretend he's doing something really important, but he can't think straight and instead gives a look at the watch. It's 4 o'clock. 

"Taehyung?" 
He felt like not only his mouth was frozen, but his whole body was. He starts his lips, a sign of nervousness. He doesn't know what to do so, he keeps looking at his watch. 
"You have been staring a watch for so long, are you okay?" Jungkook says a little bit louder, wondering if he couldn't hear him because of all the people talking next to them.
"I'm... I'm okay" He doesn't say even a word without stuttering "How about you?" He's so shy to speak up, so he repeats the question again, not thinking it could make him look even more nervous "How about you?"

Jungkook can't help but laugh. Instead of ridiculous, he finds Taehyung cute. 

"I'm okay. I'm okay" He answers twice, because Taehyung asked twice too.
Now, they both laugh. Taehyung starts to calm down since he's looking at Jungkook's eye smile, which is one of the reasons why he fell for him. His heart is asking him for more. More happiness. 

Their eyes lock for a moment. Taehyung stops breathing for a second, puts his hand on his chest, near his heart. He just wants to make sure his heart doesn't pop out his chest. He's a little bit scared, it's the first time his heartbeat is that loud, Jungkook maybe has already heard it. On the other hand, Jungkook seems to be calm but actually he's really shy. He has always admired Taehyung, because his art skills are praised by literally everyone on uni, and his paintings are everywhere. Even though Taehyung doesn't know, he's popular. Also, he looks ethereal. Jungkook used to be jealous but now he isn't. Jungkook thinks Taehyung is beautiful. 

"So.. what are you doing here?"
"Waiting for the train"
"Sorry... dumb question"
"Yeah, dumb answer too"
They laugh again. Both question and answer were stupid, but the nervousness couldn't let them do anything else. Just stupid things. But they don't seem to care about it, just having a conversation is nice. 

"We were going to meet today with the entire classroom but I found you earlier, so now I won't walk alone, lucky me" Taehyung smiles, because he was bald enough to say that. 
"Wait..." Jungkook laughs, making Taehyung confused
"I'm not going to the meeting today!" 
"What?!" 
"Yeah!" 
"Well..." 
Taehyung feels so stupid. Since he woke up, he was hoping he could sit next to Jungkook and then paint together. But now he's only hoping to get back home safely. He thinks it's unnecessary to attend the art class when Jungkook's not going. Again, he feels so stupid. At least, he met him.

"Don't worry. You'll never walk alone. Not when you're with me!" Jungkook takes his both hands off his pockets and points the train. Taehyung's eyes now don't know where to focus, either the train or Jungkook's gorgeous hands. He decides to focus on the train that's coming.

Jungkook makes two steps and stands in front of Taehyung. When Taehyung turns his head wanting to focus more on Jungkook's hands, he freaks out. They're really close. So close that they even can hear each other's heavy breathing, fault on the cold weather. The older wants to step back, failing on it. He almost falls but Jungkook hands reaches him before it could happen. Taehyung now doesn't feel anything, he's too busy looking straight at Jungkook's worried expression, so does Jungkook with Taehyung. They both would like to have a stop time bottom. Sadly, none has such a thing. 

Finally, Jungkook tightly grabs Taehyung's other hand and makes him stand. The younger gave the older a sweet smile. Taehyung can feel his everything melting, he doesn't complain though. Jungkook can see through his eye smile a fragile Taehyung, pouting. He feels like he should protect him. 

Words sometimes aren't necessary. Eyes, hands, feelings, time, hearts, souls, that's enough fall in love, a purple love. The seventh color of the rainbow. The last color but the most enthralling, beautiful, delightful one. Taehyung purples Jungkook, maybe so does Jungkook. 

There was none around anymore, the station was empty because there was only one train due to the snow. 

"Sorry for that. I didn't mean to make you fall"
"I didn't fall, Jungkook"
"Well, almost"
"You helped me to not to do so!"
"Sorry for making you lose your train... I'm a mess"
"Yeah you're right... You made me skip art class also. So.. you should make it up for me"
Taehyung starts teasing, and Jungkook starts being selfish. 
"Then the only thing I can do is walk you home" 
Selfishness for not thinking about how make it up for Taehyung actually but about how much he wants to spend a little more time with him.
"Fair enough"

The scenery is absolutely breathtaking. It's white wherever they look, seems like they're in heaven. Taehyung, suddenly takes a few steps ahead, squats and touches with his hands the soft snow. 

Jungkook doesn't say a thing, and imitates the older. Now both are smiling while touching the snow. They don't even know why they're doing that, but they do it anyways. 

"I still wonder, wonder beautiful story. I still wonder, wonder best part" Taehyung thinks about his own lyrics, smiles, and stares at Jungkook. 
"We should go on" Taehyung stands up at offers a hand to Jungkook. Jungkook grabs his hands and stands up too. 
"Wait. I should take a photo of the scenery. With you in the background" Jungkook opens his backpack to take his camera off. At that moment Taehyung understood Jungkook wasn't on the train station because of the meeting, but because he wanted to take some photos. 
"Are you sure? Maybe you should only capture the scenery"
"It'd be a shame if I want to take photos of beautiful things and I don't take a photo of you" 
"Then why don't you let me take a photo of you too?"
They giggle because they're shy. It's the first time of them to be that spontaneous... and joyful.

Jungkook first takes a photo of the winter scenery, then takes a photo of Taehyung. Taehyung also takes one of Jungkook. Lastly, they take a selfie, where both of them are smiling, and the snow is in the background. 

Unconsciously, they hold hands while they start walking again. 

--

"Here is where I live. The house next to the blue car is mine"
"Oh, so here's the end of the adventure!"
"I guess it is"

Sadness. They feel sad. But they don't want the other to notice so they force a smile. They both end up noticing how the other feels. 

"How do you feel?"
"Well, sincerely?"
"Yeah, sincerely"
"I feel... I don't know. Sad, happy, gloomy, excited. Maybe a little bit in love..."

Jungkook's heart starts beating faster than anything. 

"Then... tomorrow at...?"
"Tomorrow at 4 o'clock. At the train station" Taehyung says, hoping the younger has nothing else scheduled for that hour. 
"Tomorrow at 4 o'clock. At the train station it is then" Jungkook pats Taehyung's head in a soft way "I'll miss you till then"
"I will miss you too"
"I'm happy"
"I'm happy too"
"I hope I can see you smiling that wide tomorrow too"
"I hope that too"
"See you, Taehyung"
"See you, Jungkook" 
The younger waves at the older and starts getting far away. Taehyung doesn't go in until he can't see anymore Jungkook.

 

-----
"Hi moon, it's 4 o'clock, again" Taehyung says as he opens the window, letting the moon's brith light invade his dark room. A cold breeze hits Taehyung and he sneezes. He might have caught a cold, but he stills talk to the moon.

No answers. Today he would like to get an answer. "Maybe the moon would be happy about what I'm about to tell her" he thinks. 

"Today, I saw him. And also walked along with him. He said I never walk alone. I know that's true because you're always following me, even when I don't notice. Maybe I purple him more than I did yesterday, and tomorrow, I might purple him more than today, it's like a romantic constant loop. I'm really happy I'm afraid to never feel like this again, moon"

There is no answer, instead there's a little star he can see shining more than usual next to the moon. He takes it as a support message. 

"Thank you moon, you know how to comfort me. When I say a thousand words and no one is listening I know you will be"

Taehyung doesn't need to draw in his mind a romantic scenery with his lover today. He just hopes for tomorrow's one, without thinking about it. Instead, he just tells the moon all his secrets, whispering, as always.

"It's time for me to sleep, moon. I wish you can also dream beautifully, like I do. Good night"

He gets in bed, wraps himself with a silky blanket, and falls asleep. That day, Taehyung dreamed beautifully.