Night Activities

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“LET’S GO UP HIGH TO THE END OF THE BLUE SKY”

***

“Another week, another day passed.”

 

Yena stretched her body as she and her friends already finished another quest for the day. Yena is finally recovered from her paralysis and slowly retrained her body to gain her original strength again. Everyone is doing well if they are seeing it in the surface. However, if things are viewed further inside, almost half of them are actually being a bit restless but suppressed those feelings to show good examples for the rest of the team.

 

Noticing the tension in the air, Chaeyeon pulled Eunbi aside and they sneaked away from the group who is busy conversing with themselves, walked into some deserted alleyways. Startled by Chaeyeon sudden random action, Eunbi is forming  frown on her face. Chaeyeon is leaning closer towards Eunbi, they can feel their breath against each other. The older gulped when Chaeyeon creep closer and lean in by her right side.

 

“Eunbi, don’t you think we need some time alone? You know, doing some personal stuff and such.”

 

Chaeyeon whispered into Eunbi ears, making the leader shudders as Chaeyeon breath grazed her skin. The younger voice sounds a bit desperate which throw Eunbi mind into mess.

 

“What do you mean? Move away, Chaeyeon, you are too close.”

 

Eunbi tried to control her voice from showing that she is shaking from Chaeyeon sudden random move. They stick to the wall just like some couple would do in a romantic movie; but they both are far from being romantic at the moment.

 

“Come on, Eunbi. You clearly know what I mean. Let’s go wild just this one time.”

 

Chaeyeon huffed while breaking away from Eunbi and stepped back. She pocketed her hands while shrugging at the older.

 

“Chaeyeon, you know that it’s literally impossible. We got-”

 

Eunbi exasperatedly trying to talk but Chaeyeon id quick to cut her words.

 

“6 kids to take care, yeah. However, we are just human. We got our own desire to be fulfilled.”

 

Chaeyeon stared into Eunbi eyes which made the girl bit her lips.

 

“We are denying our temptation all this time. We restraint, chained even locked down our inner beast but for how long? It’s getting uncontrollable as time passed and I don’t know how long we can withstand it anymore. You can sense it too, right? The silent scream of frustration.”

 

Chaeyeon glared at Eunbi and the latter sighed in defeated. She knows that all Chaeyeon said is true but as a leader, she need to prioritize others before putting her own needs at the top.

 

“Just think about it, Eunbi. I won’t force you. It’s just a suggestion from me.”

 

Chaeyeon chuckled as the air between them at that time is quite tense. They both ponder all those moment they need to go through whenever their younger six siblings causing ruckus.

 

“Eunbi, what I want to say is we all really need some break, especially you.”

 

Chaeyeon smiled at Eunbi who stared directly at her after she said those words. She crossed her arms as she leaned against the wall opposite of Eunbi.

 

“Chaeyeon, I-”

 

“There you are! Why are you both suddenly ditching us?”

 

A few footsteps echoed throughout the alleyways and a voice greeted them. Eunbi and Chaeyeon turned their head towards the voice and see Sakura who is panting heavily with Hyewon followed her at the back.

 

“I thought you two finally snapped and eloped, leaving us behind.”

 

Hyewon nonchalantly commented which made her other friends choked their own saliva.

 

“What the heck, Hyewon?”

 

You want to die that much, hamster?

 

“Elope? Now that’s a good idea. Where shall we go for our honeymoon?”

 

“How can I deserted a bunch of annoying kids even when I am frustrated by you all.”

 

Their mixed reaction made Hyewon amused. Sakura whose nose is flaring and glaring at Hyewon seems so ready to knock the girl head. Chaeyeon is thinking hard about some unexpected suggestion made from Hyewon out of the blue and Eunbi just heaved her deepest sighed.

 

Sakura is cursing Hyewon indefinitely while Chaeyeon is laughing hysterically as she watched Hyewon trying her best to avoid Sakura attacks, verbally and physically. Eunbi scratched her head as she glared at her friends who seems behaving like normal for now.

 

What does Chaeyeon thought to come out with that suggestion? Am I that oblivious about our stress?

 

“Let’s go back home already. I think Chaewon and Yena went somewhere just now to buy somethings. I do hope that the kids didn’t blow up our home.”

 

Hyewon cleverly avoided Sakura merciless attack by taking cover behind Eunbi and loudly saying a piece of fact that will make Eunbi move no matter what. Chaeyeon and Eunbi gasped to find out that their little friends are left alone at home without any supervision.

 

“Say that earlier, Hyewon! Oh my gosh! I do hope they stay out of problem for even a second!”

 

Eunbi is flustered and rushed back home while dragging away Hyewon who is standing behind her. Chaeyeon and Sakura just look at each other and sighed in defeat. Hyewon so far is the one who always get the chance to spend time with Eunbi and the two girl can’t help but feel jealous of Hyewon lucky streak so far. However, they still running behind to chase the two who already gone within a blink.

 

As they approached home, some commotion can be heard at the lawn which made Eunbi cursed. From afar, Eunbi catch a glimpse of a pair of tower who is rolling on the floor, laughing their hearts out.

 

“Wahaha~ Aren’t you girls enjoying your time now?”

 

Yujin is giggling while looking up on the tree.

 

“We helped you to be able breathing air from different altitude. Is it refreshing?”

 

Wonyoung is smiling like a devil. All of her angelic smile from before feels like a scam as the girl now obviously giving off different vibe.

 

“Ahn Yujin! Jang Wonyoung! What kind of trouble did you both make this time? Aish, this pair of prankster!”

 

Eunbi yelled from the gate and that made the two kids who are enjoying their life earlier flinched.

 

Oh , how come she come back this early?

 

Sakura and Hyewon can clearly listened to Yujin flustered voice.

 

Ohh uhh, Eunbi will flick me to the end of the world at this rate.

 

Sakura and Hyewon bit their inner cheek to prevent themselves from bursting their laugh while hearing Wonyoung little concern after committing her little misdeed.

 

“Help! Eunbi, please save us.”

 

Suddenly, a trembling voice desperately called for Eunbi and the girl is confused to hear those sounds without being able to see owner of them. Her eyes are darting around, trying to find and pinpoint exact location of those voice. Eunbi then noticed that those voice coming from the top of the tree that is towering them and she look up just to find not one, but two familiar figures who are hanging on a branch desperately.

 

“Minjoo? Yuri? How come you two ended up there?”

 

Eunbi heaved a deep sigh when Chaeyeon asked the two poor soul who are currently stuck onto the tree. The notorious prankster duo already kneeling on the ground, admitting that they are the reason of Minjoo and Yuri being stuck on the tree.

 

“Explain, you two. Before it's too late.”

 

Sakura tried saving their younger sisters asses from being beaten by Eunbi. Those two just pouted while staring each other. As they tried explaining their reason, Chaewon, Yena, Hitomi and Nako rushed into their lawn while breathing erratically.

 

Seeing those four are in a rush, Eunbi run over towards them with Hyewon and halting Yujin and Wonyoung from justifying their misdeeds.

 

“What’s wrong? Why are you in a hurry?”

 

Eunbi frantically asked them in worried tone.

 

“Minjoo… Where is Minjoo?”

 

“What’s wrong with Yuri?”

 

“Minjoo asked me for some help.”

 

“Yuri said ‘Save Me’ in such desperate voice. I never hear her panicking this much since Yena last disappearance.”

 

All of them talking at the same time which made Eunbi blinked confusedly. It seems that despite those two is stuck on the tree, they are able to summon some help from their friends. Eunbi sighed again for the nth time as her head is boiling again.

 

“Well, what did you two do this time, Yujin, Wonyoung?”

 

Hyewon questioned the pair of inseparable prankster who are still pouting while fixing their gaze on the ground.

 

“You see, we come back earlier than the others and almost entering the house,”

 

Yujin started off their story.

 

“Yeah, and then Minjoo and Yuri squealed when they saw a pair of baby birds lying on the ground. They almost got eaten by a stray cats but those two beat the cat in the asses and barely manage to save the pitiful baby birds,”

 

Wonyoung continued when Yujin paused to take a breath.

 

“Then they both said that the baby birds parents must be searching for them and are perplexes to send them back home. We knows we had a nest on top of the tree.”

 

Yujin delved into details of their tales.

 

“Since they both insist to send the baby birds home but didn’t know a way to go on that tree,”

 

Wonyoung paused when they almost reached the peak of reasons behind Minjoo and Yuri stuck on the tree.

 

“We decided to throw them on there instead since it’s faster. The baby birds are already home but-”

 

“Yeah, they both are stuck on there while making such hilarious face.”

 

Both Yujin and Wonyoung taking turns to explain the situation well.

 

“How I wish you all can see their face at that time, I bet you will laugh out loud too.”

 

“Right, right.”

 

Those those held up their head with glittering eyes when they reminiscence the situation back. Sakura and Yena bit their lips to suppress their laughter from erupting.

 

“Yujin, Wonyoung! I had tell you many times that it is not okay to pull a prank on your fellow members! I know that your intention is good but then, why not you search for a ladder or using your jumping skill to reach the nest?”

 

Chaeyeon noticed that Eunbi already balled her fist and she sure that Eunbi can easily fell the tree if she want. To avoid any disaster occur, she scolded the youngest pair as they hang down their head, reflecting on their misbehaviour.

 

“Yujin, Wonyoung. It’s not nice to act reckless, okay? I know that being reckless is the way for the young but tolerance is the beauty of adulthood.”

 

Sakura opened and join in to correct their little sisters.

 

Nice quote, Log Horizon Season 1? Isn’t that Nyanta words?

 

Hyewon jerked her eyebrows while asking Sakura. Everyone is dazed to see Sakura acting matured once in a while.

 

Shush it. Let me have this pride of mine swelling for a bit.

 

Sakura replied and urged Hyewon to cover her source of wiseness.

 

At the meantime, Chaeyeon is fanning Eunbi who is still silent after all this time which can be dangerous. When Eunbi just keep mum, it’s mean that she almost at the limit of her patience.

 

Please be cool, Eunbi. They are too young and too dumb to realize that they do something wrong.

 

Chaeyeon prayed in her heart earnestly but Sakura and Hyewon held back their laughter once they heard Chaeyeon wish.

 

“You know what Chaeyeon, let’s do things that you suggest. Gather the older kids in my room after dinner.”

 

Chaeyeon stared in disbelief at Eunbi but then crack a smile upon hearing those anticipated words.

 

“Consider it done, Eunbi.”

***

“So, it is so rare for the kids to fall sleep this early. What kind of trick did you use?”

 

Chaewon directly asked Eunbi as she hopped onto her bed while hugging a pillow. Sakura and Hyewon just flashed their mischievous smile when that question popped up.

 

“Well, we just make use of some brilliant idea by Nako.”

 

Sakura grinned while rubbing her nose smugly.

 

“Yeah, who can ever thought that her tricks from before is this effective.”

 

Hyewon just laughed after chewing some jellies.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter