you felt it too, my eye contact

starry moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was in the kitchen drinking water. Dressed up in a thin t-shirt and shorts to try to escape from the summer heat. All of a sudden, the front door opens.

 

“Oh man, it’s so hot outside.”

 

In walks her older brother Doyoung and walking beside him, is his friend Jaehyun.

 

Jaehyun is the next-door neighbour and has been friends with her older brother ever since they moved into the house, which was long ago.

 

“Hey Hyerin.”

 

Hyerin looked up from her phone and turned to the person who called out her name. There, she made eye contact with Jaehyun.

 

“Hey.” She replied as she quickly looks down.

 

Making eye contact with Jaehyun made her heart flutter. Jaehyun was that cute boy that every girl in the neighbourhood had a crush on, including herself. She would always sneak peeks The only problem with this is that her brother is over protective of her.

 

“Yah! Kim Hyerin, why are you wearing shorts? Jaehyun is here, go up and change.”

 

Hyerin rolled her eyes and went up. Doyoung was like her second mother, always there to reprimand her and judge her decisions. Trudging up the stairs, she glanced back at Jaehyun.

 

He was sitting on their kitchen stool and laughing, his dimples popping out, at something Doyoung said.

 

 

 

//

 

 

 

“Why is it so hard to find a job?” Hyerin groaned to her friend and dropped her head to the table. Her coffee splattering around inside her cup.

 

Her said friend, Eunseo, just chuckled, as she attended her child. The boy was eating a cookie that his aunt had bought him.

 

“Is she still complaining about jobs?”
 

Doyoung walked towards the table and gave Eunseo a kiss on her cheeks before grabbing his child and placing him on his lap.

 

“You know Hyerin, if you want a job so badly, I can just hook you up with one. My friend has connections and can help you.”

 

She groaned and shook her head. “No, I can do this myself.”

 

Doyoung just gave her a look and was about to comment but his wife beat him to it.

 

“Hye, stop stressing. Just let youngie help you. I personally think you should start finding guys so you’re not lonely.”

 

With that, Hyerin gave her friend a glare. “You know I attract guys even less than jobs.” She then turned to her brother.

 

“You know oppa, if you hadn’t scared them all off, I could’ve had a boyfriend.”

 

You see, all throughout her childhood, Doyoung would always be overprotective. As a child when they would play together at the playground, if a boy came to ask her to play tag, Doyoung would just glare at them until they left.

 

There was one-time Doyoung overheard her talking on the phone about her crush asking her to a school dance and the next day at school, her crush never spoke to her nor made eye contact with her ever again.

 

Doyoung really did scare all the boys off.

 

“I was just trying to be a good brother and keep you safe!” Doyoung exclaimed as if he was offended.

 

Hyerin just shook her head in disappointment. Forget boyfriend, she really needed a job. Her savings were starting to run low and she didn’t want to bother her brother because he needed to money to care for his child.

 

Right at that moment, an ad on the television in the café appeared. Hyerin read the description and her eyes widened. She instantly stood up from her seat scaring her friend and brother.

 

“Guys, I just found my new job!” She pointed to the television and both Eunseo and Doyoung turned their head towards the screen. On the screen was an ad displaying the search of a secretary for Jung Enterprises.

 

Doyoung turned back to his sister. “You know-,” he started but got cut off by his sister packing her bag and rushing out the door.

 

Sighing, he turns to his wife.

 

“She never listens to me.”

 

 

 

//

 

 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter