what you're name

Mirror Mirror
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Come on Seul! Stop dragging your feet!” Wendy shouts against the music as she drags her best friend into the club by the wrist.

Seulgi is making the task more difficult than it has to be. Not really resisting but not really cooperating either.

 

 

“But Wan…” Seulgi whines even though her feet continue to move forward in baby steps. “I’m heartbroken…” Wendy mouths along.

 

Oh, the pain in her voice. Wendy would have sympathized with it if she hasn’t heard it a thousand times already. If not more, given the records of times Seulgi has “fallen” in love.

Wendy doesn’t doubt Seulgi’s love for her exes because she knows how genuine her best friend is, but if she has to describe it, Seulgi’s love is like a leaking faucet – overflowing but never contained. 

That is why many fall for Seulgi but that is also the exact reason why many leave her.

Seulgi loved them, but she was never in love with them. And it is evident in how quickly she moves on.

 

“You’ve been moping in your room long enough. Time to get out for some fresh air.” Wendy pushes further until they are inside. “And maybe meet someone new.”

 

Three weeks. It’s already been three weeks since Seulgi’s last girlfriend broke up with her.  

Wendy thought that Seulgi would have bounced back by now but, to Wendy’s surprised, she has just been moping around and rejecting to go out on dates with others.

Once inside the club, they find their way to the booth where Suzy and Krystal are, with bottles of whiskeys and vodkas already on standby.

 

“Finally!”

“What took you guys so long!?”

 

“Seul, here, is being a baby.” Wendy nudges her head toward the said girl who is slumped against the chair like the whole world has crashed down on her.

 

“I’m heartbroken!” Seulgi picks up a shot and down it in one gulp, her voice laced with disappointment. “Why did she break up with me?” She looks at Suzy and Krystal for answers.

 

“Why did you guys leave me?” She stares at them expectantly, hoping to some insight to her heartbreaking love life.

 

Suzy and Krystal look at each other awkwardly, telepathically telling each other to say something. After a long silence, Krystal finally gave in.

“Some people are just better off friends.” Krystal pats Seulgi gently on the back as comfort.

Seulgi takes another shot of vodka and lets the alcohol burns as it travels down . That’s what they all said!  

--

She makes her way to the bar to order a cocktail, still donning that same pout on her face.

“Can I get you a drink?” Instead of the bartender, a soft, sultry voice asks for her order.

Seulgi was about to turn around and rejects the offer, knowing exactly what accepting it would lead to. Except, her voice was caught on at the sight of the gorgeous woman in front of her, and all she can do is stare like a deer caught under a headlight.

 

“How about on the Beach?” the woman leans forward and whispers ily into her ear.

 

Seulgi blushes madly at the implication. Thank god for the dim lighting at the club.

“W-ha-h-huh-uh” Seulgi almost wished that her voice was still stuck in giving the embarrassing stutter that escaped.

“That’s the name of the cocktail, in case you’re thinking about something else.” The woman smirks.

Just when Seulgi thought she cannot turn any redder, she can feel her face flaming from embarrassment.

 

“Hah-hah.” She tries to hide her embarrassment with an awkward laugh. “I-I k-knew that.” She tries to sound confident, but the stutters are not very convincing.

“One on the Beach and one Long Island please.” The woman signals for the bartender and places the order for both of them.

“Thanks. You didn’t have to.” Seulgi gives the woman an appreciated nod.

 

“You looked like you needed some cheering up.” She takes a seat right next to Seulgi. “And if not me, I’m sure someone is bound to offer you a drink. Considering how pretty you are.” She casually throws out the flirty compliment like it was common knowledge.

 

Seulgi is a little taken back by easy it was for this woman in front of her to stir up her sullen heart with just a simple compliment. And she looks so confident doing so. But she has every right to be. With that face and that body and that smile and that tiny dimple on the bottom of her chin. She has every right to be.

 

“T-thanks.” Seulgi stutters again. What the heck is wrong with her. She has never been this wrecked before. She closes her eyes for a second to calm her nerves. 

 

“In that case, let me get you your next drink too.” Two can play this game. Seulgi wasn’t just going to let this pretty lady do all the flirting. “Unless there’s already a line for it. Considering how gorgeous you are.” She uses the music as an excuse to lean close and whispers the last sentence into the woman’s ear.

Instead of a witty remark, all Seulgi hears is a velvety laugh that penetrates even the loudest of music.

 

“I’ll let you cut in front of those two guys over there.” The woman side-glances at the two gentlemen standing not far from where they are. Sure enough, when Seulgi looks over, they are both eyeing the woman that she is with.

 

Seulgi drapes her arm around the woman protectively, trying to shield her from the lecherous stares of those men and others around. “So, for whom should I tell the bartender that the drink is for?”

 

“Sorry hon, I told you that you can cut those two men over there but there are still 3 people in front of you.”

And just like that, the dangerously gorgeous woman walks away with her drink in hand. “Next time.” She mouths back at Seulgi with a wink before completely disappearing into the crowd.

--

The minute the woman disappears, Wendy is by her side wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter