Final.

Chromesthesia

Siyeon could hear colours. Well, not literally, but sounds as colours. Like the bright yellow of birds chirping in the morning, or like the cool grey winds in the middle of the night brushing past her window, or like the the crisp white of footsteps echoing across wooden floors. Siyeon could experience all these sensations, and it was incredible really.

But none of those mattered to her. For her favourite sound, the most beautiful colour she’d ever seen, was Yoobin’s voice. Cool, chic, soft, lovable, Yoobin. The same Yoobin that was always a shoulder to cry on. The same level headed Yoobin that could always see the logical side of things. The same calm and collected Yoobin that could keep everything under control when all seemed lost. The same Yoobin that she’d loved for years and years, and never told.

Yoobin was a beautiful person, inside and out. The way she would care for people while trying to play it off like nothing. The way her soft features scrunched up when she laughed. The way she’d be obviously clingy, but act as if nothing else mattered in that moment. Siyeon loved all of it. But Yoobins voice, her laugh, her incoherent mumbling, her singing, rapping, yelling, it was all beautiful.

Siyeon never really had a favourite colour until she heard Yoobin’s voice, a deep shade of blue with an almost greyish tint. A colour that seemed to have the sharpness of steel, but also the deep was of the ocean. It was a colour and a sound Siyeon would never get tired of hearing. But of course Yoobin doesn’t know how beautiful her voice is, doesn’t know why Siyeon loves it so much. Yoobin doesn’t know.

But one night, all seven of the group were sat around a table talking, and the way Siyeon heard colours seemed to astound everyone.

‘Wait so when you listen to our songs you see colour?’ Gahyeon questioned, astounded.

‘Yeah actually, it’s really interesting now i think about it.’

‘So do you hear colours for people’s voices?’ Minji asked her. 

‘Y-yeah I do.’ 

‘What does my voice look like?’ 

Well.

That was Yoobin.

‘I-it’s kinda hard to explain.’

‘Don’t worry, just try your best.’ Yoobin said, almost blankly whilst shrugging her shoulders slightly.

Siyeon’s heart was beating twice as fast, but she couldn’t say no now. 

‘Well, it’s blue. But not like bright blue it’s like a darker blue but it’s also grey and it’s a really pretty colour honestly like it’s kinda of a cold colour but because it’s your voice it seems warm and it’s kind of deep like the sea but it’s also just really beautiful like you-‘ Siyeon stopped herself.

‘Wait no I didn’t mean-‘

‘Woah’ Yoobin was looking on in amazement as a smile spread across her face.

‘Everyone that’s our cue to leave and let them do this in peace.’ Bora declared as she started dragging an awestruck Yoohyeon away from the table.

Then after less than a minute it was just the two of them. ‘You really meant that?’ Yoobin asked quietly?

‘Y-yeah I do I’m sorry if this makes anything awkward I didn’t want to say anyth-‘

But Siyeon couldn’t finish her sentence because she was cut off by Yoobin’s lips meeting hers. She never really believed in all the talk about getting butterflies when you kissed someone, or how it feels like sparks fly supposedly. But now she knew. When they broke away Yoobin had an almost drunken smile on her face.

‘If you couldn’t tell, the feeling is mutual.’ Yoobin murmured. Siyeon giggled softly.

‘Hey. Yoobin?

‘Yeah?’

‘You’re my favourite colour.’