final.

Daffodil;

 

I wandered lonely as a cloud
that floats on high o'er vales and hills,
when all at once I saw a crowd,
a host, of golden daffodils;

 

 

 

It was coming. Suddenly the long-held fear of this moment started to spread all over his trembling body, making his every nerve awfully concious of the stinging air in the room, pumping an unstoppable flood of blood straight from his racing heart to his clogged up throat. He was painfully holding onto the toilet with his face low and weak on the porcelain, waiting for another announcing shake to take over his body and forcefully push a gory bundle of petals and thornes up his gullet. 

 

The despotic narcissus in his chest kept growing and growing, tearing apart the tired tissues of his lungs. He knew that sooner or later it would overrun the frail limits of his physique, that one day that imposing flower would occupy the entirety of his lungs, leaving no space for air; that one day he would end up choking on his own blood mushed with smooth petals.

 

But he didn't expect that day to come so early. 

 

The strangled sounds of his sobs crammed the room, tying hands with his continuos coughing. Tears streamed down his face at a worrying speed, his vision was blurry and the only thing he could see was a red tint splattered over the toilet bowl.

Breathing was hard, the blank moments before he threw up again were the only chance he had to fill his nostrils with oxygen. 

 


A knock came on the door.

 

"Taemin-ah? Are you alright?" Minho spoke, throwing a cascade of fists against strong wood. If Taemin had any control left over his actions he would have stiffened, steadied his voice to send his friend away. 


"I-I'm f-f-" he croaked through agonizng, strangled gasps. "please,don't come in!" the untruthful words came out distorted and muffled, definitely leading the cause of his soon-to-be death in that enclosed bathroom. 

 

 

Minho's mind went numb at the heart-wrenching sight. 


"N-no," he whispered, guilt building up in the pit of his stomach.

It was his fault, he was the only shameful one to blame. "Please no," he threw himself over Taemin's shaking figure and placed a hand on his shoulder. 


"Go away, Min-" even saying that name out loud made his unrequited feelings excruciatingly burst; as a result, he got a further spate of blood rushing down his mouth. 

 

Minho took a firm grip of his shoulder and turned the younger towards himself, moving Taemin's  from the toilet seat.

 

He hadn't touched him in weeks, ruefully aware that the smallest contact would have caused Taemin to vomit.


Fronting the man's worried, deep brown eyes wasn't the best thing to do.

The sight of his handsome, fully displayed features only a few inches away from his own made the butterflies in his stomach fly as fast as a free eagle; the tense curve of his bushy eyebrows sprinkling more manliness on his gaze, the slight tremble of his lower lip matching his shivering pupils caused him to look even more beautiful. 


"T-Taemin..please..don't leave me" Minho stuttered. 

 

Bad, this was so bad.  The merciless flower between his ribs grew with his feelings; the more he loved, the more he died

 


More petals climbed their way up his throat. He tried to place himself over the toilet seat but Minho's fingers unyieldingly cupped his jaw, holding the boy's face dangerously close to his.

A ray of sunshine came through the window, landing gracefully on Minho's softened glare. The yellowish sunlight turned those two dark brown pits into ocher pools of honey.

Taemin sensed tears pooling in his eyes, strongly locked with the others man's. He was about to die. 

 

 

His coughing in once again- being so close to his one-sided love awfully worsened it. Random blood drops splattered on Minho's skin and shirt, salty water lined his cheeks copying the wasted boy in front of him.

The butterflies' wings flapped so loudly he thought his head would explode, petals spilled from his lips and soon soaked their legs.


He coughed over and over again, fighting against his own self not to choke. As breathing gew harder by the second, he witnessed panic arise in Minho's nervous expression. 

 

 

"No no no, Taemin- taemin please- please we can make this stop." both of his hands flew on Taemin's face, lifting it up to help his fading breathing. "I- I love you, plea- please I don't want to live without you- I- I can't! I love you s-so much"

 


Stop it, he wished he could say. The golden narcissus wasn't an easy one to fool.

The flower born from unrequited love could only disappear once the feeling became mutual, he could tell lies apart from the truth. But Taemin? Oh, how naive he was.

How franticly he clinged onto those words, fully aware that it was guilt talking in Minho's stead.

How fast his heart started beating- so fast he could almost trust those words. So fast the flower blossomed bigger and bigger, cheered on by those fat flapping wings.

 

Minho didn't love him, he just didn't want him to die. He felt unloved, he was so unloved.

 

His pupils got suddenly smaller, blood splurted out on the floor, drenched his clothes. He tried to look down, to rest his eyes but Minho's touch wouldn't let him slip into inconciousness. He had to breathe, he needed to.
"No! Stop! Can't you hear me you ing flower!? I said I love him! Make it stop!" Minho screamed, horrified by the purplish colour Taemin's face was turning into. "Make it ing stop!" 

 

 

Guilt raced through Minho's veins, rushed through them and made his brain wriggle and hurt; Taemin was going to die and it was all his fault, he killed Taemin. 

 

 

His fingers sank deeper into Taemin's skin, lovestruck nails digging into the oval shape of his jawline, reaching for his boiling hot ears, squishing his delicate features into a crying mess.

He applied some pressure under the boy's neck, lifting his chin a little more. He let their foreheads collide into a burning touch, "I love you I love you I love you," he chanted, voice shaky, gripping Taemin's hair. 

 


He didn't pull away when an abrupt, massive heap of blood escaped Taemin's mouth along with a terrifying scream. "I love you, I love you, I said I love you goddamnit!" he cried out.


Taemin felt a sharp cluster of thorns rip his throat, cut his tender flesh so painfully slow. The pointy ball was struggling to ride up his gullet, sticking its pointy ends into every inch of his clenching muscle. 


Hopeless kisses spread over his nose, cheeks, forehead, hair, closing eyelids. Minho's wet lips traced every inch of Taemin's body, and now that petals added to the lump in his throat, breathing hurt so unfairly much.

His mouth hung open, trying to catch a glimpse of oxygen while the spiny chunk stopped the blood loss. 

 

Quiet, husky cries - result of a turtorous failed attempt at breathing - were the only sounds echoing in the blood-drenched bathroom. The purple tone of his skin deepened, he couldn't hear anything anymore, besides a faint beeping noise pulsing in his ear.

He glanced up at Minho, stared at those puffy red eyes, at the shimmer caused by both tears and sweat. He saw his lips move, but he was too caught up in this deaf state to understand.

 

'I love you', it seemed to spell.

 

Liar, he thought, you don't. 

 

That quivering mouth kept getting closer, closer, closer, soon placing itself over taemin's parched one. "Please.." 

 


All of a sudden hearing came back to him. The enchanting thrill moved from his throbbing heart straight to his lungs, pushing dark blood and crumpled sprouts in his windpipe. He pushed Minho away before vomiting the enormous mass in an agonizing shout. 

 

 

Leaves, petals, germs and thorns wouldn't stop forming and slicing his organs, the amount of blood clogging up his trachea was making it impossibile for him to breathe. He continued coughing, screaming, bleeding and holding Minho's arm.

 


That was it, he was dying.

 

 

He threw up bigger and thornier lumps one after the other, he remembered a human being couldn't survive without oxygen for more than two minutes. He guessed he was close now. The metallic taste of blood soaked his tongue while it ran down his mouth in a deadly amount.

 


He felt a stronger pull from inside, something disgustingly big was shoving its way up his throat, almost ripping it open. He couldn't breathe, could not could not but needed to so bad.

He widened his eyes and looked at Minho; this is the end, this is it, he wanted his gaze to tell him.

His mouth gaped horribly for air while his nails found their place in Minho's flesh. The thing was tearing him apart from inside, a sanguineous cascade fell from his open gullet and Taemin was now choking to death. 

 

 

 

Minho cried, screamed, cried and screamed so much he swore he spat some blood as well. Taemin's soul almost left his body while the unstoppable rush broke it.

The thought of dying in his beloved's arms slowly disappeared when air started stuffing his chest.

The burning fever in his lungs faded, he felt so light and free. His attention wandered to the stained floor, where a soaked narcissus laid in its entirety. 

 

 

 

He looked up, meeting with a paralyzed, sweating, sun-kissed Minho. 'the flower can only disappear if the beloved person returns your feelings', he remembered. 

 


''A-Are you okay?" spilt softly from Minho's lips. 

 

 

He pierced his disbelieving look on the exhausted man, scanned his figure from head to toes.

He didn't feel like throwing up, his heart filled with joy and love and there they stayed. 


"Hyung I think- I think it's..gone" he mumbled. Minho gulped at the scrunched flower on the ground, mildly creeped out by its roots made of body tissue.

Before he could react, Taemin's arms wrapped around his neck in an eager embrace.


Having him so close after such a long time of catious avoidance made his head spin in exuberance. Minho's hands soon found their way around Taemin's waist, grasping needily at the boy's wrinkled shirt. 


"It's fine..we're fine" he murmured, still incredulous. He trapped taemin's fragile frame in a hasty hug, his fingers carefully the sweat-soaked nape. 


"We're fine.." throbbing happiness took over his mind, he couldn't stop those relieved giggles from pouring out of his mouth.


He tightened his grip around taemin's body, surrendering to the sprightly laugh that flooded in the room. "We're fine! Taeminie, it's gone! forever!"

 

 


Taemin moved his tear-stained face in front of Minho's blissful one, "It's gone, you love me hyung! y-you love me!" he shouted with an earnest smile plastered on. as their souls shivered in joy, their chapped lips crushed in a heartfelt kiss.

The salty tears lead their tongues in a moonstruck waltz, the warmth of their mouths made the clashing of teeth sound strangely sweet. 


"You love me" Taemin repeated between every mouthful of passion, "I love you" Minho answered everytime.

 

 

 

And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.
-William Wordsworth

 

 

 

 

-

Shsjssjs don't you guys also think narcissus perfectly fits 2min?? idk it seems just right to me like BANG NARCISSUS= TAEMIN AND MINHO. 

thank you for reading!♡ please let me know what you think (i'm so=insecure)