END

Why Am I?

"Why Am I Crying"
 

I don't miss your dirty clothes on the floor
No one leaves the lights on anymore
The towels are hanging just where they should
It's drop dead quiet in my neighborhood
I'm not that fragile
I'm not gonna break
Love's so overrated

I'm not gonna need
Not gonna need
Not gonna need you if I fall
So why am I crying
I'm not gonna miss
Not gonna miss
Not gonna miss you, not at all
So what am I doing here on the floor crying

I don't need your love notes to cheer me up
I can live without that kind of stuff
You don't have to wake me with a kiss every day
I'm tired of roses anyway
I'm not that fragile
I'm not gonna break
Love's so overrated

I'm not gonna need
Not gonna need
Not gonna need you if I fall
So why am I crying
I'm not gonna miss
Not gonna miss
Not gonna miss you, not at all
So what am I doing here on the floor crying

So don't you worry about me
Go on, enjoy being free

I don't miss your dirty clothes on the floor

I'm not gonna beg
Not gonna crawl
Not gonna need you if I fall
So why am I crying
I'm not gonna miss
Not gonna miss
Not gonna miss you, not at all
So what am I doing here on the floor
Doing here on the floor crying

 

-

 

Someone needs to throw that radio out of the window, for god sake.  I have had enough of sad love songs blasting through the speakers. It’s already bad enough that those songs seem to be mocking at me. You don’t need to twist the knife anymore, right?

 

“You need to stop doing this.”

 

I don’t need you to tell me what I should do.

 

“Let it go. Let me go.”

 

Then just go. Nobody is stopping you from leaving.

 

“Yongsun unnie, I don’t wish to break our friendship because of Byul. But I’m willing to do so because I’m going to protect her.”

 

THEN DO IT.

 

Why do you need my permission for something you wanted to do all this while? You don’t give a heck about my love. You don’t give a about what I’m going through. So why do you bother to ask me?

 

the memories. you, Jung Wheein. Why did I fall in love with you when you didn’t care in the first place?

 

You stole my heart. You stole my happiness. And now you stole my life. Thank you so much for your efforts. Thank you for being Jung Wheein and destroyed my life.

 

I’m not going to beg. I’m not going to need you. I’m not going to crawl. But I’m going to cry my heart out before the end comes.  I’ll continue to love you until the end arrives.

 

3 months have gone past. And I’m still trapped in your shadows. Cruel the way you threw me away. Stupid the way I thought I never needed you. And crazy the way I thought Eric was the one for me.

 

So many things went through my mind. And I realized I’m just a fool. A stupid fool. Maybe me not being here would be perfect for you. Not having my presence on this Earth might satisfy you.

 

Right, that’s what I should have done before.  Maybe it’s time to leave you.

 

Till then, I will cry. Till then, I will be hurt.

 

Until I learn to release this grip.

 

-

 

“No, please don’t. Don’t do it.”

 

What the .

 

“Not when I realize how much I actually care about you.”

 

Don’t lie through your words, Wheein. You never loved me. You said that not once but a couple of times before. So don’t. Don’t pretend like you care.

 

“Please. I beg you.”

 

You’re finally free, Jung Wheein. You can be on your own now. Just throw out everything and move on like you had done before.

 

“Yongsun unnie, don’t leave me. Please don’t.”

 

Goodbye, Wheein.

 

-

 

Wheein was strolling down the winding road on a country side. The sun was shining so perfectly and Wheein had a soft smile on her face.  She felt calm. The atmosphere was peaceful.  Memories kept playing on her mind. Most of them was memories of Yongsun.

 

She stopped at one place. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Tears were threatening to fall but she held them back. She was not going to cry today. Instead, she was smiling widely.

 

“I’m here.”

 

She whispered softly. 

 

“I’m back. I’m finally home after so many years being away.”

 

Wheein looked around; embracing the silence and serenity surrounding her. There was a huge lake in front of her; the beautiful sunshine was warming enough. She then sat down at the edge of a bridge; letting her feet dangling into the surface of the lake.

 

She smiled. It hurt but she knew she had to smile.

 

“5 years, unnie. 5 years before I could bring myself to be here. 5 years since you were gone forever. It was never easy, Yongsun unnie. It was so tough; so difficult that I tumbled so many times before.  I guess I finally understood how it felt to be you. How it felt not having the best of me but yet you gave your all to me.”

 

Tears started to fall. But Wheein kept smiling.

 

“Regrets filled my world, unnie. I regretted not treating you better when you were still here; with me; with us. I should have been nicer to you. I should have told you that even when I didn’t love you; you meant something to me but I couldn’t explain how.”

 

The woman grazed her fingers on a scar just right above her forehead. It wasn’t hideous, but that scar reminded Wheein of Yongsun all the time. She got it when Yongsun saved her life from a tragedy.

 

-

 

5 years ago, when things were practically crazy between the two of them; Wheein had almost lost her life. Before that, the two had a hurtful argument. Yongsun left Eric shortly after she found out about Wheein’s relationship with Moonbyul. She walked out from everything and left the group.

 

Eric was heartbroken and returned to his hometown in US. The band fell apart and Moonbyul was blaming herself. But Wheein wouldn’t let Moonbyul to take full responsible so she decided to confront Yongsun.

 

The night was ugly. Wheein was so hurtful; she couldn’t let Moonbyul lose herself, but she has forgotten about Yongsun’s past with her. She didn’t love Yongsun so she was carelessly breaking Yongsun even more than before.

 

The group was there; except for Eric. Moonbyul tried to stop Wheein but it was futile. Yongsun became even detached; glaring at Wheein as the younger woman ranted her anger on the poor woman.  And then Wheein stormed away; dragging Moonbyul with her.

 

She was about to drive off when she heard a loud horn. A truck was speeding towards where she stood. She managed to push Moonbyul aside, but she was rooted to the ground.  She closed her eyes tightly; waiting for the impact but instead; she felt herself being pushed away; safely.

 

She managed to open her eyes; and with the split second; she saw Yongsun’s body flung like a rag doll.  She stopped breathing; eyes widen; hands shivered; her voice was lost.  But she managed to drag herself to where Yongsun laid.

 

Moonbyul and the rest were crowding around Yongsun. Hyejin was shouting for Yongsun’s name; Moonbyul was in a shock and someone helped to call the ambulance. Wheein stood there like a fool.  She slowly went on her knees; reeling next to Yongsun. She watched as Yongsun struggled to breathe; her heart constricted.

 

No, not this way. She never meant to end this; this way. She reached out for Yongsun; her palm gently caressed Yongsun’s bleeding cheeks.

 

“Stay with me, Yongsun.”

 

Wheein spoke softly.

 

“Just stay. Don’t; don’t follow the light, Yongsun.”

 

Without realizing, Wheein’s tears fell profusely. Her arms shook so badly; and it was then she realized who Yongsun was to her.

 

But Yongsun’s breath hitched every now and then; she took a deep breath but ended up coughing. Blood spurt all over Wheein; the younger woman just pulled Yongsun closer to her.

 

“You’ll be alright. You’ll be fine. Help is on the way. Just stay.”

 

Wheein was begging.  But Yongsun was dying. She was literally dying in Wheein’s arms. She then smiled; her eyes were dilated but Wheein could see Yongsun’s love.

 

“I….love you…Wheein.”

 

“No, stop talking. Don’t say anything. Just stay. Stay with me.”

 

“I can’t, Wheein. My time…is over.. I can’t stay..”

 

“You have to. You must. I’m not letting you go like this, Yongsun. Not like this. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you. I’m begging you. Just stay. I will figure something out.”

 

But Yongsun’s eyes were closed. Wheein couldn’t feel her anymore.

 

“Kim Yongsun!”

 

And that was the last time Wheein held Yongsun in her arms.

 

-

 

Moonbyul sat at the corner of the room; unpacking her stuffs. Wheein was finally back in the late afternoon. The pair returned to Seoul after 5 years. Wheein had a difficult time; and Moonbyul was not getting it easy either.

 

After Yongsun’s death, Moonbyul felt guilty. She watched Wheein drifting in and out of her own world. There were times Wheein would cry in her sleep; calling out for Yongsun. And every time Wheein cried; Moonbyul held her tighter.

 

Moonbyul was not going to give up on Wheein. She made a promise to Yongsun. Before the accident, Moonbyul met up with Yongsun secretly; without Wheein’s knowledge. She needed to tell Yongsun her true feelings and how she felt towards their situation.

 

-

 

“Yongsun unnie, can we talk?”

 

“Do you have to?”

 

“Please, let me say something.”

 

Yongsun was a little defensive; she didn’t want Moonbyul here. But Moonbyul was undaunted. She needed to let Yongsun know.

 

“I know you hate me.”

 

“I don’t know what I should feel in the first place.”

 

“I’m sorry. I don’t mean to steal Wheein away from you, but you know, both of you are unhappy.”

 

“Your point is?”

 

“If you love Wheein, you will want her to be happy, right?”

 

Yongsun rolled her eyes; the nerve of this woman who stole her girlfriend away. But she couldn’t disagree either. Moonbyul continued.

 

“But I feel like now. I know I don’t have the right to tell you anything but Yongsun unnie, I really, sincerely wish you could find someone who could love you well; love you better than Wheein ever did. I wish you could find someone and boast it to Wheein that there’s someone else who will love you so much.”

 

“If you’re trying to tell me that Eric’s the one then I’m sorry. You’re wrong.”

 

“No, not Eric oppa. Someone else. Someone who is 100% better than Jung Wheein. That girl doesn’t deserve you.”

 

“And you deserve her?’

 

Moonbyul was tongue-tied. She was selfish but, yet she felt sorry. She wished it wasn’t Yongsun that she’s hurting. But she did. However, Yongsun just shook her head and then grabbed Moonbyul’s hand. She stretched out her little pinky finger. Moonbyul was confused.

 

“I don’t care anymore. But if you want to know, that someone who can make me happy; that someone who can make me feel like I’m the special one in the world; that person is Wheein, the woman you fell in love with. And she fell in love with you. She never loved me, and I accepted that.”

 

Moonbyul’s tears fell. It was the worst feeling she had ever experienced. But Yongsun was still waiting for her to hook her little pinky finger with hers. Moonbyul did it anyway. Yongsun smiled and then spoke softly.

 

“Promise me, Moonbyul. Promise me that you will always love Wheein. Don’t let her go. Don’t make her cry. Just be the one she needs.”

 

“Yongsun unnie…”

 

“Promise me now.”

 

Moonbyul nodded.

 

“I promise you.”

 

So when Yongsun died, Moonbyul’s heart felt so heavy. She stood in front of Yongsun’s portrait; tears couldn’t stop falling and Moonbyul whispered softly.

 

“If I knew that was the last time I’m ever going to see you, I would have treated you better. Did you know you’re going far away? Did you sense something was going to happen, unnie? Your love for Wheein is deeper than mine. I don’t know if I could be the best for her, Yongsun unnie but I promise you. I will take care of her.”

 

-

 

“Wheein?”

 

Moonbyul finally packed all their clothes in the cupboard. Wheein was lying on the couch with her right palm covering her eyes. Wheein gently removed her hand and looked ahead. She acknowledged with a hum.

 

“You went to see her?”

 

“Yeah, I went to the lake.”

 

“Did you tell her you miss her?”

 

“Do I have the right to tell her?”

 

“I think it would be nice if she knows you do.”

 

“I don’t miss her.”

 

Moonbyul settled down next to Wheein. She pulled the woman closer and hugged her tightly. She knew Wheein was lying. Wheein’s voice quivered.

 

“I just want to see her once more, Byul. Just once. I don’t want to miss her, but I do. I miss her like crazy.  It’s just so difficult to stop missing her.”

 

“I know. “

 

“I’m sorry that you feel like you’re sharing her with me.”

 

“It’s okay, Wheein. I’m not going to complain.”

 

“Because you promised her that you’d stay with me for the rest of your life?”

 

Moonbyul nodded and then kissed Wheein on her forehead.

 

“I’m going to love you the way she did. She’s your best, right?”

 

Wheein’s tears fell. She was regretful.

 

“But I wasn’t her best.”

 

Moonbyul then smiled gently. She left Wheein shortly and disappeared into their bedroom. Seconds later, she reappeared with a pink bundle in her arms. She sat next to Wheein and then placed the little bundle in Wheein’s arms.

 

The younger woman smiled instantly; she lifted the little bundle closer to her chest. She was crying but it was less painful than before. Wheein then pulled away and held the bundle in her hands; outstretched.

 

She gently pulled away the edges of the bundle and then caressed the little hands poking out from the edge. She cried once more. Moonbyul then spoke up softly.

 

“You can love Yongsun unnie. She’s here. She’s in your arms.”

 

Wheein nodded.  The couple has a little joy. A tiny joy that brings a lot of love, happiness and filled the dark days with warmth. Wheein found out that Yongsun has frozen her eggs. The older woman had thoughts of having a baby with Wheein but it fell through when they broke up.

 

So Moonbyul suggested that they should be pregnant with Yongsun’s baby. And Wheein agreed immediately. It took them awhile; it was a crazy thought but both Moonbyul and Wheein wanted this so badly.

 

And Wheein got pregnant with Yongsun’s baby; she was overjoyed.  9 months later, Wheein gave birth to a little baby girl. The moment Wheein held her; she felt familiar. The baby girl has Yongsun’s dimples; nose and smile.

 

All that happened during the 5 years they were away. Wheein hasn’t fully healed from the pain but she was comforted by the arrival of her little girl. It’s the child she bore together with Yongsun. And she was thankful that Moonbyul supported her.

 

Wheein named her little girl, Evelyn Jung. The name has a special meaning – it means “Light”. The 3 months old has been growing up well. Everything about Little Evelyn makes Wheein smiles a lot these days.

 

“Evie is Yongsun unnie’s daughter. She is a replica of her mother. You have a piece of Yongsun unnie and this time, let’s do it right. I will raise Evelyn just like my own daughter.  I promise you, Wheein ah. We can give everything to Evelyn and you can give all your love for Evie; just like how you wanted to give to her mother.”

 

Moonbyul smiled as the pair watched Little Evelyn yawned. Wheein nodded. She was desperately trying to find the inner peace in her heart ever since Yongsun passed on. It was a tough period for her and Wheein couldn’t help it but kept wishing she could turn back the hands of time.

 

She had nightmares since Yongsun’s demise. It was tough for Wheein and it got harder each time she tried to move on.  “You’ll never realized how much one means to you until the person leaves or goes away.” Wheein learnt in the most painful way.

 

But she was given a second chance. When she found out she was pregnant with Yongsun’s baby, she was thrilled.  Wheein shared her thoughts with Yongsun’s family at first. They were skeptical initially but when Wheein told them she’s having Yongsun’s baby, the family was happy to learn about it eventually.

 

And Wheein promised that she would bring the baby back to visit them. That was one thing Wheein knew she had to redeem herself towards Yongsun’s parents for the loss of their precious daughter.

 

Yongsun’s parents cried when they met Evelyn for the first time. Yongsun’s sister couldn’t stop brawling the moment she held Evelyn in her arms. Wheein felt worse; but thankful that Yongsun’s family had forgiven her.

 

“Wheein ah, take good care of Evelyn, okay?”

 

“Omma, I’ll bring Evelyn over to visit you often. I promise.”

 

“That’s good enough, Wheein. Just raise her well.”

 

-

 

Wheein held Evelyn closer to her.  This baby brings a lot of joy to the family after her mother’s demise. Wheein felt like as though Yongsun was being born once more. Perhaps she was. She was probably reincarnated to be Evelyn. God knows.

 

And Wheein would like to have that thought in mind. This precious little baby has become her world. And Wheein knew she would die for her daughter.

 

“Evie ah, I’m going to love you so much. I’m going to give you all my love; all my heart and give you everything you need. I’ll give you the best of me; just like how your mother did for me.”

 

Wheein cried as she kissed her daughter’s forehead. Then she whispered softly in her heart. She was sincere this time.

 

“Yongsun unnie, I love you. I never told you. I thought I didn’t, but I do. Feel my love through your daughter, unnie. I miss you.”

 

Wheein finally said it. She finally said those words Yongsun would love to hear.

 

-

 

Tears fell as Yongsun stood quietly next to Wheein and their little girl, Evelyn. Of course, they couldn’t feel her. But that didn’t deter Yongsun to stoop closer as she went on her knees. She peeked into the pink bundle and her heart leapt with joy and ache.

 

Little Evelyn is beautiful. She is the exact carbon copy of Yongsun. Her dimples; her nose and the fact that Evelyn is her flesh and blood; it made Yongsun even sadder than she was before.

 

She was there when Wheein was in labor. Moonbyul stood on Wheein’s left while Yongsun was on her right. She was there; holding Wheein’s hand tightly although Wheein was unable to feel her. Watching Wheein struggled through 15 hours of labour; it hurt Yongsun so much.

 

Then, Evelyn came into the world. Yongsun recalled those moments when her baby was placed in Wheein’s arms. She watched quietly as Wheein poured out her feelings for their baby – their little Evelyn.

 

“God, thank you. Thank you for being here. Thank you for coming to Mommy.  I’ll love you with all of my heart, I promise.”

 

 As Wheein and Moonbyul raised Little Evelyn together, Yongsun was always with them. She watched over them; just like how she had been doing for the last 5 years. One night, after Wheein finally crashed to the bed and Moonbyul concussed as soon as her head hit the pillow; both were exhausted with baby duties. So Yongsun decided to do her part. She spent the night in the baby’s room.

 

She sat next to the baby’s crib. Little Evelyn was a little fussy that night. She kept crying non-stop and Wheein was about to go crazy. But after 2 hours of fussing, Little Evelyn decided to end all the ruckus. She finally fell asleep.

 

Yongsun stretched out her cold hand and gently caressed Evelyn’s chubby cheeks. The 3 months old was still whining but as soon as she felt Yongsun’s touch, she gently opened her eyes. God knows if Evelyn could see but Yongsun’s tears fell the moment their eyes met. Evelyn was focused on her.

 

“Hi baby.”

 

Yongsun whispered softly. She wasn’t too sure if Evelyn could hear her, but she was taken aback when the little one cracked a soft smile. She made some baby coos and Yongsun chuckled softly.

 

“I’m sorry I can’t be there for you. But I will always be here whenever you need me. I’ll watch over you and your Mommy Wheein.”

 

Evelyn made a soft hum. It was like as though the baby understood her. Yongsun left it as she could.

 

“Be good to your Mommy Wheein. Listen to your Moonbyul Omma. She will be in my stead and I can promise you; Moonbyul Omma loves you with all her heart.  You’re in good hands. Grow up well; and be the best you can be.”

 

The little one gave her a knowing smile like as though she knew what Yongsun was talking about. It was the saddest moment for Yongsun yet comforting. Saddest because she regretted their love; comforting because Wheein finally loves her.

 

-

 

Wheein shifted restlessly in her sleep.  She finally gave up and opened her eyes. She couldn’t get to sleep. She turned to her side; Moonbyul was fast asleep. Wheein smiled gently before leaning forward and kissed the taller woman on her forehead.

 

She loves Moonbyul. She loves this woman a lot. She fell in love with Moonbyul; thinking that she had never loved Yongsun at all.  It was complicated but Wheein knew she loves Yongsun too. Thinking of Yongsun made Wheein’s heart ached so badly. She could never erase those last moments when Yongsun finally left her while Wheein held her in her arms.

 

She left the bedroom and went to her daughter’s room instead. Evelyn was sleeping soundly in her crib and Wheein smiled as she gently caressed her daughter’s cheek. For some reason, even the way Evelyn slept was similar with her mother’s. Memories came flooding into her mind and Wheein’s thoughts were invaded with Yongsun’s last moments. Wheein could never forget.

 

“Kim Yongsun! Stay! Stay with me! Don’t close your eyes. Please open them up! Don’t do this to me! Yongsun unnie!”

 

But Yongsun was lifeless. Her limbs were limp and Yongsun’s eyes were close shut. No matter how hard Wheein shook her; Yongsun remained silent. Moonbyul went down on her knees and held Wheein tightly. But the younger woman turned berserk.

 

“Yongsun unnie! No, you can’t do this to me! You can’t save me then you leave! This is not supposed to happen! I take back every word I said to you. I will think of something. Please don’t leave me like this!”

 

Wheein’s eyes turned watery as a single tear fell from the corner of her left eye. She glanced down to her arms; where Yongsun laid for the very last time. She misses Yongsun. She misses the older woman a lot. But no matter how painful it gets for her; Wheein knew she had to live with this regret.

 

“Maybe it’s time for you to forget about me.”

 

A voice could be heard.  Wheein looked around immediately. That familiar voice was resounded in her ears. She glanced around nervously. It was without a doubt the voice of one-person whom Wheein misses the most.

 

“Yongsun unnie?”

 

“You can’t see me, Wheein.”

 

“Where are you? Let me know. I want to feel you.”

 

“I’m right beside you, on your left.”

 

Wheein turned to her left. She couldn’t see anyone, but she stretched her arms out anyway. She felt cold air; and tears came almost instantly. They fell without warning.

 

“Unnie, I can feel you.”

 

“I know. You’re touching my arms now.”

 

“I’m sorry, Yongsun. I’m really sorry.”

 

“It’s okay, Wheein ah. It’s all in the past now.”

 

“I still wish I could hold you. I wish you could still be here; standing in front of me. I hurt you so badly before your death. Every word I have said to you kept haunting me. How could I be so cruel towards you, Unnie?”

 

“I’m doing fine, Wheein ah. I’m good. But I cannot leave until you let go of me from your heart.”

 

“It’s not easy, Unnie. I tried so hard, but I was afraid if I did, I would lose you completely.”

 

“I’m always in your heart, Wheein ah. Try to forgive yourself and move on. Moonbyul has been waiting to own your heart completely; give it to her. Love her like you have promised. Love her like how you pushed me away and confessed that Moonbyul would be the only one in your heart. But why are you still so hung up on me?”

 

Wheein’s tears fell. She knew she had to say it out. She knew she had to tell Yongsun about her true feelings towards her. She could never get another chance. She leaned closer; she felt the air turned colder. Maybe Yongsun was still upset with her. Maybe this time she had to convey her innermost feelings she has been harboring for Yongsun all this while.

 

“The moment you left my side, my heart chided me for being a fool. Holding your cold body in my arms made me felt like my world has completely crashed to the ground. A hidden part of my heart was filled with so much love that I thought I didn’t have for you. It came like waves; crashing into my heart and broke it instantly.

 

I felt so much pain, Yongsun unnie. I couldn’t let you go. I didn’t want to let your body go. I thought if I held you closer; you would feel warmer and then your heart would start beating once again. But it was nonetheless useless. I lost you, Unnie. I lost you that night and it was a pure nightmare.

 

I thought I didn’t love you. But I did, and I still do.”

 

“I’m aware of that. But I’m no longer around, Wheein ah. I’m just a cold air; a spirit that wanders from place to place. I can’t leave because your heart aches for me.”

 

“I still hurt you even after you’re gone?”

 

“No, you didn’t. But I just want you to move on with your life. Stop holding me back. Let me go. I’m going to be in your heart for the rest of your life. So, don’t worry. You aren’t going to lose me. I’ll always be in your heart for as long as you live.”

 

“You promise you won’t forget about me, Yongsun unnie?”

 

“Never. Even if I tried, I can never forget about you, Wheein ah. I love you.”

 

Wheein burst into tears. Hearing those words again hurt her so much. But Wheein knew it was now or never.

 

“I love you too, Yongsun unnie. I’ll always do. And I miss you.”

 

“I miss you too, Wheein.”

 

-

 

Wheein was flipping through her photo albums. She smiled at every photo of Evelyn as she grew up. They took photos of Evelyn’s childhood at each milestone. Evelyn has just recently turned 5 years old. And she looks more and more like Yongsun.

 

Her bright eyes; her cute little dimples; her adorable smile and she has her mom’s trademark laughter too. Each time Wheein looks at her daughter; it reminds her so much of Yongsun.

 

Wheein explained their family situation to Evelyn. The child might be only 5 years old but she understood that she has 3 mothers – her birth mother, Wheein; her flesh & blood mother, Yongsun and of course, her fun-loving mother, Moonbyul.  There was one time Evelyn told Wheein about her encounter with Yongsun all the time. Wheein could only smile.

 

“I think Yongsun Omma visited me a lot in my dreams. She would always wish me on my birthday. I look just like her, right?”

 

“Of course, you do, you came from her.”

 

“Wheein Omma must have loved Yongsun Omma a lot, don’t you?”

 

“Yes, I do, sweetheart. She’s the reason why you came into this world.”

 

“Yongsun Omma wants me to tell you that she misses you too. And Happy Birthday to you too!”

 

Yongsun no longer came into Wheein’s dreams. She kept her word for not coming in between Wheein and Moonbyul. Instead, she visited their daughter in her dreams. Wheein could not complain much; she was grateful that Evelyn understood her complicated family background.

 

Wheein concentrated on her relationship with Moonbyul instead. She gradually moved on from Yongsun and fell deeply in love with Moonbyul. She loves this woman. She cares about her a lot and she’s thankful that Moonbyul stood by her side. They raised Evelyn together. Moonbyul adores Evelyn. In fact, her daughter is closer to her Mommy Moonbyul more than herself.

 

Suddenly amidst her reminiscing, she heard noises coming through from the front door of her living room. Wheein chuckled softly when she realized her wife and her daughter were having arguments. She was in their bedroom.

 

“Mommy Byulie, you forgot Omma’s flowers!”

 

“It’s your fault for rushing towards the pet shop!”

 

“I told you before hand like a million times. You said flowers can wait!”

 

“Did I really say that?”

 

“Yes! We walked past the flower shop and I told you to get it. You said we can come back later!”

 

“Gee, then it’s my fault.”

 

“Of course, it has been always. YA! DAEBAK! STOP BITING GGOMO!”

 

“YA YA! STOP IT!”

 

Wheein couldn’t help but laugh at the chaos in her living room. Just then, the bedroom door was open, and Evelyn came running in with her two pets behind her.

 

“OMMA!”

 

“Hi baby.”

 

“How are you today? Do you still feel sick?”

“I’m good. Where’s your Mommy Byulie?”

 

“She’s in the kitchen. She will cook up something for you.”

 

Evelyn smiled widely before putting her tiny palms on Wheein’s protruding tummy. Wheein is pregnant again. This is the 3rd time. And she’s carrying Moonbyul’s baby.

 

“Is Baby doing okay?”

 

“Of course, she’s sleeping. Where’s your little brother?”

 

“He’s with Mommy Byulie. I will bring him to you.”

 

Wheein nodded as her firstborn dashed out of the room.  Seconds later, she was holding a little boy’s hand while the little guy was trotting beside her.

 

“Gabriel! Look, Wheein Omma is here!”

 

Gabriel is Wheein’s son. After Evelyn turned 2, Wheein decided to add on to the brood. She got pregnant with the help of her male friend. She had a little boy. She named him Gabriel. Evelyn was excited at Gabriel’s arrival.

 

Then a year later, Wheein wanted to have Moonbyul’s child too. So, she did the same thing – surrogacy and now she’s pregnant with Moonbyul’s baby. And it’s going to be a girl.

 

A perfect family. What more can Wheein ask for? She picked up Gabriel and pulled Evelyn closer to her. She hugged both of her precious kids in her embrace. She had never imagined that she would have children. Wheein had always thought that she was incapable of looking after her own self, let alone babies. But things changed and now she has 2 and another one is coming on the way.

 

“Wow, having a family hug without me?”

 

Moonbyul popped her head through the door frame. Wheein smiled as she gestured her wife to come closer. Moonbyul didn’t wait. She pulled all 3 of them into her arms. Wheein leaned on Moonbyul’s chest while Moonbyul planted a soft kiss on Wheein’s forehead.

 

“Thank you.”

 

Wheein murmured.

 

“I love you.”

 

Moonbyul whispered.  Their eyes met and smiles etched on their faces. Moonbyul was happy this time; Wheein could see it in her eyes. She has learnt to let Yongsun go and took Moonbyul into her heart.  It was easy to make Moonbyul smile.

 

Their lives were no longer complicated. Wheein loves Moonbyul sincerely and she’s grateful that Moonbyul takes good care of her kids especially Evelyn. Moonbyul adores Evelyn so much. Maybe it was because of her promise to Yongsun that she would take good care of Wheein and thus, their daughter too.

 

Or perhaps Moonbyul felt responsible towards Evelyn because Yongsun was no longer around.  Whatever the reason was, Wheein could feel the sincerity of Moonbyul’s love towards Evelyn.

 

However, no matter how much these two loves each other; they are also loggerheads. They were pretty much arguing most of the time much to Wheein’s chagrin sometimes. Soon enough, a mini argument started because Moonbyul was squeezing them too hard.

 

“I’m crushed!”

 

Evelyn protested.

 

“Darn this kid. Can’t you move to the side?”

 

“No, I want to hug Wheein Omma!”

 

“You have been hogging to your Omma since last night! I didn’t get to sleep with her!”

 

“That’s because you need to look after Gabriel.”

 

“That’s because you refused to leave Wheein Omma so I had to look after Gabriel.”

 

“But it’s your responsibility though.”

 

Moonbyul could only look on. She couldn’t argue that much on that. She rolled her eyes when Evelyn gave her a victory smirk. Wheein was laughing.

 

“Can the two of you stop arguing for once?”

 

“Baby, your daughter is not giving me time to spend with you. That’s unfair.”

 

“Are you complaining about me to Omma?!”

 

“Yes, I am!”

 

Wheein rolled her eyes. She gave up; and stood up carrying Gabriel with her. The other two were still arguing but followed Wheein wherever she went.

 

Despite all that, Wheein has found her happiness. Her happiness with her family – her daughter and her wife. But deep down inside, Wheein was grateful towards one person who made all this happened – Kim Yong Sun.

 

“I miss you, Yongsun unnie. I love you.”