Final

I want to be more

Mark and Jaebum were in their favourite cafe looking at their report cards. Then Mark suddenly spoke, breaking the silence. "I don't think we will be able to get into the same college"

Of course Jaebum knew that, but he just couldn't even think about not going to college with his best friend and his crush for 8 years. 

"Of course we will. We went to the same kindergarten, preschool, middle and high school. We will work this out" He told him calmly. But Mark was hesitant. "Yeah but this is different. We cannot cheat our way through college Jaebum. And even if we apply for the same college only one of us will be accepted."

"I guess you're right." "I know. I always am." Mark told him smirking. 

 

They were currently at the video game store because there was a new video game available and Mark wanted it. 

"Can you see anything?" he asked his best friend. "I can only see the center and only because the pillar is tall otherwise I wouldn't be able to see it" Jaebum told him. "Well I can't see anything" "I can lift you up" "What are we Jaebum? Five-year-olds?" Mark laughed. Jaebum couldn't stop the fluttering of his heart. He knew he was whipped and he didn't do anything about it but the thought of them being separated drove him crazy. But he pushed those thoughts away and went back home with Mark. 

 

A few days later, they got their results. Mark got accepted while Jaebum didn't. Of course he knew that would happen, but he felt devastated either way. 

 

"Goodbye boys" Jaebum's mother shouted. "Goodbye auntie" Mark said more happy than Jaebum, her actual son, himself. Then they drove away. 

"I think I will get a driver's license" Jaebum said out of the blue. "You should" Mark replied. "That is actually the smartest decision you made today" he added. Jaebum couldn't help but stare at the older boy as he was driving. He was just so beautiful, even perfect in Jaebum's eyes. 

They arrived at the hotel and they dove straight into bed. Jaebum said "We should go somewhere tomorrow" "Of course we will. Tomorrow is a special day anyway. It marks that our friendship is still going strong after 14 years" Mark said. Then before they knew it they fell asleep. 

Actually the fun fair was really great. It's just that Jaebum actually got seasick really easily. They were sitting on a bench and Mark suggested to go on another ride. Jaebum looked frightened but the he saw his best friend do something he had never done before. He was caressing the back of his hand with his thumb and not meeting his gaze, choosing to stare at their hands instead. "Don't worry. I got you."

The ride was actually not that terrible, it's just that Jaebum already felt like throwing up before he got on the ride. When they were on the top he could see the whole town clearly. Then it started going down, but this time he felt Mark grab onto his hand. It instantly made him feel better. 

 

They were in their hotel room and Mark had just gotten out of the shower wearing only his boxers and a towel in his hands to dry his hair. Meanwhile Jaebum was looking out the window spacing out. Suddenly Mark spoke startling Jaebum "What you thinkin' bout?" Jaebum looked at him. "Nothing just spacing out." "Come on JB. I've known you for 14 years. I know there's something you're not telling me." Jaebum knew Mark was worried. He only called him JB when he was either serious, mad, scared or worried and this time Jaebum knew it was the last one. Mark moved closer to the bed and sat across Jaebum. He then brought his right hand up to cup Jaebum's cheek and the other rested on his shoulder. "You know you can tell me, right?" Jaebum sighed. Then Mark told him, frustration clearly reflected in his voice. "Why is it so hard for you to tell me what it is that's bothering you?" Jaebum didn't want to confess that night, but Mark wasn't going to dodge the topic this time. So Jaebum sighed and said"You know, it's because you'll be leaving and I don't want you to leave without knowing my feelings for you." Mark then moves his hand from Jaebum's cheek down to his other shoulder and he immediately misses its warmth. "What are your feelings for me Jaebum?" Jaebum turned his gaze to his lap, refusing to meet his best friend's gaze. "I'm in love with you" He said weakly. Since he had his gaze downwards he couldn't see Mark's reaction so he didn't see the glint if hope that flashed in his eyes. Mark then asked him "How long has it been?" "8 years" Jaebum replied trying not to choke up. "You lose" Jaebum looked up and saw Mark staring at him fondly. Mark then added. "I've been in love with you since we were 11, so that means I've loved you for a year longer." Jaebum didn't have time to process what Mark told him before a pair of lips landed on his own. He was surprised at first but he responded to the kiss. He Mark's bottom lip for permission which the older gladly granted. When they were both out of air they parted. Mark looked at his best friend and said "I had been waiting for this for so long." "Now what?" Jaebum asked the older. "I'm all yours and you're all mine." That sentence alone made Jaebum the happiest he had been in a while.