Fin

ASL (Am So Lonely)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One thing I hate the most is waking up to or going home to a lot of nagging. And when I say ‘a lot’, I meant a LOT. Worse is when you woke up to your mother nagging at you and came home to her nagging at you again. Worst? You were tired when she’s nagging at you. 

 

I just came home after a very tiring day at the university. Our thesis proposal just got rejected by our professor. And I swear I just wanna scream, drop out, and work at McDonald’s. I wish I could. But I also want to achieve my dream, so, nope. But then again, my mom’s loud voice and never ending nagging doesn’t really help with my mood right now. God, I wish she could just cut me some slack and stop. As soon as I entered our house, I greeted her and went straight to my room. I could still hear her voice from downstairs talking about... I don’t know. Something like not being responsible and letting Jjing Jjing mess with her garden. 

 

I sighed. 

 

I dropped myself on my soft bed, face first. And then I groaned. How do I mute my surrounding? I’m tired and I think I’m going to be exploding anytime soon. It’s hard to be alone. Technically, there’s me, my mom, and Jjing Jjing, but you get what I mean, right? I have them but I feel so lonely. I don’t have anyone to talk to. I don’t have anyone I am so comfortable with to vent out my frustrations. Sure, I have friends, but I don’t want to bother them right now. I don’t want them to see this side of me. I don’t want to think that they will judge me. What I want is someone... someone I don’t know. A stranger. 

 

A stranger. 

 

I bolted up from my bed at the sudden thought that came into my mind. I remember my friend talking about this one website where she talks to ‘strangers’, for whatever reasons I does not want to know. And so I pulled my laptop out from the side table’s drawer and searched for it. 

 

I don’t know what’s going on in my head that I just let my fingers do everything. 

 

“Add your interests?” I read out loud. “Hmm... lonely...”

 

Maybe I just feel so lonely that I realized what I was actually doing when I clicked on “Start a chat” and in just a second, a ‘stranger’ messaged me. 

 

 

You’re chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!

You both like Korean and Lonely.

 

Hi!
asl

 

I’m sorry?
asl?
I’m new here so...

 

 

Then there was silence. I blushed at my own confession. I fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter