"You"

Of Love Songs and Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinyoung excitedly made his way inside the columbarium. He holds a picture on one hand, and two tulips on the other.

He wiped the glass with a clean hanky and kissed it. "Hi mom! Hi dad!" The raven haired cheerfully said.

Thankfully, there is no one around, so... he is free to talk all he wants.

 

"I did it again, this time!" Jinyoung showed the picture of the couple who recently got together, with his help, of course.

He put the picture inside the niche along with the other pictures he had. Every couple whom he has helped gives him their photo as a form of token- his own souvenir that, once again, he has made love happen.

"I guess I really do enjoy being a part of the kind of love you guys have shared."

Jinyoung looked at their family picture.

 

His parents' love story is the most perfect and beautiful love story Jinyoung has ever known. They love each other so much that when his mom died when he was 15, his dad followed shortly after.

Now, Jinyoung is 18 and inspired by his parents' love story, (well, minus the dying part) he became the "cupid" in their university.

"Mom! You should've seen how I decorated the whole place! Soo Min was very enthralled by it! And dad! You should've heard me sing. Anyone with ears will fall in love with my voice. I was so--"

"Excuse me?"

His blabbering was interrupted when a guy appeared. The said guy is a bit tall, but Jinyoung thinks he's taller by a fraction. He has blonde hair and fair complexion. If it was night, he would've ran, thinking the guy is a ghost.

"I don't want to sound rude but, can you keep it down a little? I am trying to talk to my mom here." The blonde guy even pointed in one of the niche.

Oh. Okay. Jinyoung said to himself, a bit embarrassed.

"I'm sorry." he just said in a gentler voice.

The stranger just nodded and disappeared into the corner again.

Jinyoung was left to thinking... why does it feel like he already saw him? He does look familiar.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

It's lunch and Jinyoung is a bit pissed because their teacher dismissed the class late. His best friend- Bambam, already ate his lunch and headed to the gym, leaving him to eat by his own.

But maybe it isn't his lucky day.

Just when Jinyoung has finished ordering, he bumped into someone causing his tray to fall out of his hands and into the floor.

"Oh God, I am sorry."

Jinyoung looked up only to see that same guy. The blonde and foreign looking guy. He knew the blonde looks familiar! He is attending in the same school as he is!

"Hey. You're the noisy guy."

Excuse me? Did he just call me noisy?

"Oh man, you messed up!" A tall and black haired guy behind him said and tapped his back.

"Yeah. About that, I didn't mean to. Here. Let me buy you lunch."

So that's what happened. The guy bought Jinyoung lunch and now, the three of them are eating together.
 

"I am Mark, by the way. And you are?"

Jinyoung was about to answer when his friend butted in. "Hyung, you seriously don't know him? He is Park Jinyoung! THE Park Jinyoung." the younger almost choked on his food due to too much talking. "I am Yugyeom, by the way."

Jinyoung just nodded and proceeded to eating.

"So you're the talked about cupid here in the campus!"

He nodded in response. It's not new to Jinyoung that students know him since everyone seems to know what he does best. "Yeah. That would be me."

Mark munched on an apple that he has and smirked. "It's great to meet you. I might be needing your help in the future."

 

"Hyung!"

Jinyoung turned towards Bambam who is waving at him and walking towards their table. Jinyoung waved back.

"Ooops. Looks like we need to go."

Before he can say anything, Mark and Yugyeom already turned to leave.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

For some reason, Mark seemed to enjoy hanging around with Jinyoung and Bambam. He also brings Yugyeom with him who apparently was his best friend.

"You live here alone?" Mark asked Jinyoung as the four of them stopped in front of his house.

Walking him and Bambam home has been the two friends' habit lately.

Jinyoung nodded. Well, Mark already knows that his parents are gone, but the older expected him to be living with some relatives. Mark also lost his mom, but at least he still has his dad.

"So we'll be heading off now." Mark waves his hand. "We still need to walk Bambam home."

Jinyoung watched as Mark took the bag Bambam was carrying. 

"Okay. Uhm, take care of Bambam."

 

But maybe he didn't need to tell him that.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

"For the nth time, Mark, I am studying. Can you please stop bugging me?"

Jinyoung hissed and hushed the older. For goodness sake, they are inside the library. He doesn't want to be thrown out just because this nineteen year old guy is whining like a kid beside him.

"I'll only stop when you finally agree to help me."

Jinyoung rolled his eyes as Mark smiled. The blonde knows he will most likely have his way.
 

 

"So what is it?"

They are now in the field, sitting by the bench. Mark bought him an ice cream. The guy knows how to bribe.

"I need help, and I know you are the best help I can get since you are the best at what you do."

Jinyoung raised his brows, asking the older to continue.

"I need you to help me with someone."

"Someone?"

"A guy." He smiled with uncertainty. "Help me to woo a guy."

Jinyoung blinked. Thank goodness he can still blink. "W-who?"

His chinky brown eyes became shifty. "Well..." but his small face brightened up at the sight of someone. "Oh, just a moment."

Mark ran towards him. Towards Bambam.

 

That's when it hit him. How could he not know? It was pretty obvious, wasn't it?

 

"Is it Bambam?" Jinyoung asked when Mark returned.

His eyes looked everywhere but Jinyoung's. The younger exhaled. Mark needs his help to woo Bambam. Why does he feel like saying no?

Hey, Jinyoung. Have you forgotten how you love doing these kinds of things?

 

Jinyoung finally snapped out of it and smiled at the older.

"Okay." Mark finally looked at him. "But you better make sure, Bambam won't get hurt."

He is your bestfriend after all, Jinyoung.
 

That afternoon, Jinyoung went to visit his parents and asked them why he's feeling that way. He always loved what he is doing- helping someone to be with the one he loves.

But what is the difference now?

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Today's music class, one of Jinyoung's favorites. He stayed a bit later even after the class ended.

He is going to meet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter