Best date in a while

You think I'm sweet, I think you're sweeter

A/N: Yoonhyun recently happened in real life, and it was something that I didn’t know that I needed, but I really needed. So, I’m here writing some Yoonhyun or I’m going to try anyway, it’s been a while since writing them, but here goes. Seo Juhyun is the type who thought she would never enjoy going out on a blind date, but maybe she just needed to meet Im Yoona? Enjoy!



 

It was 7 pm on a Friday evening, and instead of being at home grading papers Seo Juhyun was out at a restaurant waiting for her blind date. The auburn-haired professor is not the kind of person who likes to be set up on blind dates. She would much rather meet someone on her own, if she even had the time to meet someone, that is. Seo Juhyun is a very busy woman who is an overworked and underpaid Professor most of her time. The other half of her time she is teaching piano lessons to high school kids. She would be home on a Friday evening if not for her good close friend Jung Tiffany setting her up on this date. No matter how much Juhyun told her that she wasn’t interested Tiffany only begged her more. It grew to the point that Juhyun agreed just to simply get the older woman to leave her alone. After all, when someone comes into your classroom to bother you while you lecture, then you just have to take the threat seriously.

 

“Seobaby, you’ll like her. I think she’s perfect for you.” Juhyun remembers Tiffany’s words. Juhyun shakes her head at the thoughts. Whoever this person is that she’s going to like clearly doesn’t have any idea on time management. They should have been here around 6:45 and it’s after 7 now. Juhyun decides to wait a little bit longer to not be rude, although she is the one that’s been waiting here.

 

“Ms, would you like to order something?” The waitress returns again for the third time. She is probably worried about her simply sitting there all alone.

 

“I’ll just have another glass of water for now, thank you.”

 

“Sure, I’ll be right back with your water.”
 

Juhyun thanks the waitress again and looks down to her phone. She has half the mind to text Tiffany to tell her this is already the worst date ever, and it hasn’t even began. She decides against it and just waits. While she’s waiting for her water and looking at her phone. This is where a blonde woman walks in dressed in a pretty white top and dark slacks. She is so late for her date and hopes she hasn’t left already. Im Yoona doesn’t like to make people wait if she can help it, but it was hard getting off of work early today. She remembers that her date is going to be wearing a black top and has auburn-hair, or at least that’s what she thinks her older friend Jung Jessica told her. She notices a woman sitting there at a table by herself and figures she has to be Seo Juhyun. Yoona takes a few deep breaths because this woman is very pretty and now she hopes she doesn’t make a fool out of herself.

 

“Hi, are you Seo Juhyun?” Yoona asks her when she gets to the table. Juhyun looks up then and sees the pretty blonde. She has to be Im Yoona and finally it’s about time she’s here. But those thoughts fade some because the woman just looks adorable to her. She is reminded of a cute deer when she looks at Yoona.

 

“Yes, Im Yoona?” She makes sure it is just in case it’s not. Yoona nods and laughs nervously.

 

“I’m really sorry about being so late. I couldn’t leave my job any earlier.”

 

It’s something Juhyun can certainly understand. It’s not like she always leaves the campus on time either. There are plenty of times where she has to stay late grading assignments, helping out her colleagues, or organizing some school related activity or function. She tells Yoona it’s fine and it’s nice to meet her. The blonde sits down across from her.

 

“Thank you, I really do like to be on time. I’m glad you didn’t leave.”

 

“I was about to.” Juhyun thinks, but doesn’t actually say it. Instead she just offers Yoona a polite smile. Finally, now that her date is here they can probably order drinks or food. The waitress comes back then with her water but says she will return when they’ve decided on what they want. Yoona opens the menu and everything sounds completely delicious.

 

“Ah, everything sounds good!” She laughs. “Have you been here before?”


“Oh, once with some colleagues.”

 

“Oh, colleagues. Sounds important, was it some business takeover sort of lunch?”

 

Juhyun doesn’t know why she laughs. But something about the slightly exaggerated tone and facial expression of the blonde makes her smile.

 

“No, nothing like that. I’m a college professor.”

 

“College professor, wow. What do you teach?”

 

“I teach English and an Psychology course.”

 

“Smart.” Yoona nods and grins. “Jessica didn’t tell me you were a smart professor.”

 

“Jessica, Jung Jessica?”

 

“Yeah, she’s a good friend of mine. Why, do you know her?”

 

“I know her.” Juhyun nods. “She’s married to my friend Tiffany. The one who set me up on this date tonight.”

 

Yoona laughs in amusement. They’ve been set up by their married friends. It makes sense in a way and they shouldn’t be surprised.

 

“They really set us up.”

 

“Yeah, it looks like they did.” The Professor nods in agreement. She feels actually a bit better that Yoona isn’t exactly a stranger. At least they both know who set them up and probably why. They soon order and Yoona tries not to look shocked by the fact she has so much healthy food on her plate. At the same time Juhyun tries not to look violently ill by the fact that almost everything on Yoona’s plate could make her sick potentially.

 

“What do you do?” Juhyun asks instead.

 

“I’m a chef! I run a restaurant with my friend Sooyoung. She had plans tonight too and left me to handle a lot of the business.”

 

“You’re a chef, so you must cook well.”

 

“I wasn’t at first. I was a bit of a disaster really, but I studied and took lessons. Now, I think I’m pretty good, otherwise we’d probably go out of business that is if Soo doesn’t eat us out of business.”

 

Juhyun laughs because she thinks Yoona is kidding. The blonde assures her that she’s not kidding at all. Juhyun stops laughing because that sounds quite worrying.

 

“Do you like teaching?” Yoona is soon asking her.

 

“I like teaching. I’ve always been pretty studious even when I was a child. I remembered many good teachers I had too over the years, and just wanted to be able to give back some of what was given to me.”
 

The answer is very sweet and quite noble too. Yoona thinks she understands some of what Jessica was telling her before. Yoona really wasn’t looking to go on a blind date either, as there is just so much to keep her busy with work. However, Jessica kept on assuring her that she would really like her date. It’s why she’s here now with Seo Juhyun now, and she doesn’t want to get up and leave. Maybe, they can see where this all goes.

 

“I really think that’s lovely, Juhyun. Better than I became a chef because I love food.”

 

“It’s good to be passionate about your work, though. You wouldn’t want to just have a job simply because.”
 

Yoona nods in agreement. She never wanted to be that person who had a job simply because. Their conversations during dinner feels so easy. Nothing feels forced at all and they’re both enjoying sitting here.

 

“We should get dessert.” Yoona tells her soon.

 

“Dessert?”

 

“Yeah, I mean I know you had so much healthy food on your plate, but you have to have some dessert.”

 

Juhyun looks hesitant and that makes Yoona determined to get her to have something sweet. There’s no way she doesn’t like sweets at all. The blonde tells her they should get the chocolate molten lava cake.

 

“We can split it, but I really want to enjoy it with you, Juhyun.”

 

How can Juhyun say no when Yoona is looking at her all hopefully. It’s why she agrees to splitting the cake. It turns out to be absolutely delicious and Yoona smiles when she sees the auburn-haired woman is enjoying the cake.

 

“You look it, hm?”

 

“It’s very good.”

 

“Yeah, no one can resist sweets. You’re not on some weird diet thing are you?”

 

“No,” Juhyun assures. “I just like to eat healthy.”

 

“Good, because you don’t need to be on a diet. You’re beautiful.” Yoona says that so softly that Juhyun almost misses it. She thinks Yoona is very sweet and this is probably one of her best dates in a very long time. After dessert Yoona offers to pay for their meal as a way to make up for being late. Before Juhyun could suggest that they can split it. The blonde is already taking out her card to pay.

 

“Did you drive over?” Yoona asks.

 

“I actually took the bus from work, so I’ll call myself a cab.”

 

“No, don’t do that. I can drive you, if you want to.”

 

Yoona doesn’t want to push her or make her uncomfortable in anyway. She just kind of doesn’t want for the night to end. Juhyun nods and accepts the ride home, but then there is also that feeling of not wanting the date to end just yet either. It’s why she comes up with a suggestion.

 

“This is the best time I’ve had in a long while.” The professor tells her as they leave the restaurant together.

 

“Really?” Yoona laughs nervously. She is glad to know that she’s not the only one who’s having a nice time here. It’s also the best date she’s had in a long time too, and it’s why she wants to get to know Seo Juhyun more.

 

“Yes, really. Not that I’ve been out on dates very often because of work.”

 

“Me too,” The blonde promises. “I’m glad that Jessica set me up tonight.”

 

“I’ll tell Tiffany she wasn’t wrong about my enjoying tonight. Actually, would you like to go with me to this nice cafe. They stay open late and the tea there is delicious.”

 

“Sure, I want to go anywhere you go!” Yoona says it so excitedly that Juhyun smiles at her excitement.

 

“Okay, it’s not very from here.”

 

They get into Yoona’s car and Juhyun directs here on where to go. Yoona thinks she’s passed by this cafe a few times on her way to work, but she hasn’t actually ever been inside of it. Now is as good as time as any the blonde supposes and parks her car. Before Juhyun can get out Yoona hurries to open the door for her. She is a gentlewoman after all, and the smile on Juhyun’s face as she thanks her is like some huge bonus. The cafe is lowkey, cozy, and the aroma of tea in the air smells really good. They sit down and order tea.

 

“I’ve never been here before, but I usually pass by on my way to work.”

 

“I sometimes come in here when I want to grade papers, or read a book. It’s nice, right?”

 

“Yeah,” the chef agrees. “I think I’ll come back sometimes.”

 

As they sit with their tea the two women talk more. Juhyun learns that Yoona once wanted to be an actress when she was younger. She learns that the lanky blonde is actually quite strong too and has this sort of boyish charm that in a way is endearing. Juhyun sees that when she’s really laughing about something will widen and resemble an alligator.

 

“I know I look like an alligator, right? My friends always tease me that I look like one when I laugh.”

 

“You look like a deer.” Juhyun says instead as not to dwell too much on the alligator laugh. But focus on what she first noticed about the woman, and that was how very deer-like she appears. Yoona smiles some when Juhyun tells her that. As many times as she has heard other people tell her that she looks like a deer. It’s never sounded as nice as when the auburn-haired woman tells her.

 

“Yeah, that I’ve heard before too.”

 

Yoona enjoys talking to Juhyun. She learns that the woman also teaches piano lessons along with the fact that she is a Professor. Yoona made some flirty comment about that was why she had such nice hands, and it was cute to see the other woman turn slightly red at that comment. The blonde sees also that Seo Juhyun is so very classy without even trying. Yoona doesn’t think she’s ever met a more graceful and beautiful woman in her entire life.

 

“Do you dance too?” Yoona asks.

 

“Sometimes, how did you know?”

 

“It’s just something in the way you walk. It’s very fluid and graceful, so I was reminded of a dancer. I dance too, actually. Maybe, we can go dancing together, on another date?”

 

Juhyun smiles over her tea. “Oh, are we having another date?”

 

Yoona facepalms. She shouldn’t go and assume things simply because they are having a nice time so far. What if Juhyun doesn’t actually want to go out another date with her.

 

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t…”

 

Juhyun gently reaches over and touches one of Yoona’s hands. “I was only kidding. I don’t see any reason why we can’t have another date. I’ve had a nice time with you tonight, Yoona.”

 

“Yes!” Yoona cheers internally. “I’m having a nice time too, and I think we should exchange numbers. You know so we can talk about our next date.”

 

Juhyun nods and takes out her phone to get ready to exchange numbers with Yoona. She knows when she tells Tiffany that she is having a nice time. The older woman will be thrilled and of course proud that she was right.

 

“Okay, Ms. Seo.” The blonde smiles. “I have you all saved in my phone. Are you ready to go home now?”

 

“Yes, thank you for the ride offer.”

 

Yoona bows some and takes her by the hand. “It’s no problem.”

 

The drive to her apartment is full of conversations, as they talk about how they each met Jessica and Tiffany. They discuss how initially they didn’t think they would actually enjoy the date, and only wanted to do a favor to the older couple. Yoona and Juhyun tell each other they are very pleasantly surprised after all.

 

“Is it this one?” Yoona asks as they are driving closer to Juhyun’s apartment complex.

 

“Yes, it’s the one of the left. Thank you, Yoona.”

 

“You’re welcome, Juhyun.”

 

Again, before Juhyun can get out of the car. Yoona gets out and not only does she open the door for her. She offers to walk the auburn-haired woman to the door. Juhyun agrees and even takes the offered arm of the blonde.

 

“I can’t wait until our next date.” Yoona admits. She hopes they will be able to see one another again soon. Juhyun tells her that she also looks forward to their next date too and just before they arrive at the entrance Yoona gently lets go of her.

 

“You’re all safe at your destination, Ms. Seo.”

 

“Thank you for walking me to the door.”

 

“You’re welcome. Have a goodnight, Juhyun.”

 

“You too.”

 

Juhyun walks away to enter her building, but in a feeling of bravery and something that is not like her at all on the first date. She walks back toward the blonde who is standing there to make sure she gets safely inside. Yoona wonders for a moment if there’s anything wrong.

 

“Hey, are you okay?”

 

“Yes, but I forgot something.”
 

“What did you forget, Juhyun?”

 

“Well, this has been the best date I’ve had in a long time. You’re really sweet and I liked getting to know you.”

 

The deer-like woman smiles and nods. “I really liked getting to know you too. But, what’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing, just this…” Juhyun leans over to kiss her cheek. Yoona finds herself blushing anyway, even if it’s not on the lips. This feels really intimate, and she gets the feeling that Juhyun isn’t the type to just do even this on the first date or meeting. It makes Yoona feel nice to know that Juhyun wanted to offer her this gesture.

 

“You think I’m sweet, when I think you’re sweeter.”

 

“Silly,” Juhyun smiles and gives her hand a squeeze. “I should go, but get home safely.”

 

“I will, talk to you soon, Juhyun.”

 

Yoona watches until the auburn-haired woman is out of sight completely before heading to her car. She can’t wait to tell Jessica that she did have a very nice time after all. There is something special about Seo Juhyun and she looks forward to getting to know her better. Meanwhile, Juhyun gets up to her apartment and is barely out of her clothes when her phone is ringing. It’s Tiffany who no doubt wants to know how her night went.

 

“Tiffany?”

 

“Hi, Seobaby! How was your date? Did you have an amazing time like I knew you would?”

 

Juhyun chuckles some and shakes her head. There is nothing about this that surprises her in the least. She knew that the older woman simply couldn’t wait for her to get home, so she could ask about her date.

 

“Yoona is very nice.”

 

“Yeah, she is and…”

 

“We had a good time.”

 

“Yes, I knew you would. Didn’t I tell you that you would have a nice time?”

 

“Yes, you did. Thank you, Tiffany.”

 

“I’m happy for you, Seobaby. You deserve to spend time with someone nice and get out of the classroom for a bit.”

 

“I am a teacher, you know.”

 

Tiffany laughs. “I know, but you should have more fun. Yoona can be someone you have fun with, and maybe a second date?”

 

“Yeah, maybe.” Juhyun isn’t about to tell the other woman she is going to be on a second date with Yoona at some point. Tiffany is already excited as it is that she had a nice time. It’s why she tells the older woman that she is getting ready for bed, and will speak to her another time.

 

“Okay, I see what you’re doing. You want to hurry up and get off the phone because I’m asking too much questions. I’m sorry, but you know Jessi will find out with Yoona and of course tell me everything, as I am her loving wife.”

 

Juhyun laughs at that. “Sure thing, Tiffany. Have a good night.”

 

“You too, Juhyun.”

 

Finally, as she’s off the phone and getting ready to get into pajamas her phone rings again but it’s Yoona.

 

“Yoona?”

 

“Hi, Juhyun. I’m sorry to call you so soon, but I just wanted to say goodnight to you and hear your voice at least once more before bed.”

 

Juhyun sits down and feels her face is slightly red. How is this woman she just met a few hours ago this smooth? Why is she making her blush this much so soon?

 

“Are you home already?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“I hope you’re wearing a headset.” Juhyun says in a serious tone, as the last thing she wants to hear about is her date getting hurt in a car crash, or some other incident she would rather not think about.

 

“Yes, don’t worry. I’m hands free here. I won’t keep you, Juhyun. Just, thank you for a really nice time. It’s been a while since I enjoyed another person’s company, and I look forward to planning another date with you.”

 

“I look forward to our next date too, Yoona. Get home safe, alright?”

 

“Will do. Goodnight.”

 

Juhyun bids her a goodnight too and ends the call. Im Yoona is very sweet indeed. She does look forward to their next date, and seeing her again.

 

“I had a nice time with you too, Im Yoona.”


 

A/N: I hope that you guys liked this. It was a nice write for me, and I look forward to writing some more Yoonhyun too. Thanks for reading ^^