see you again (~2)

time lapse (KANG DANIEL X EUNHA)

1 year ago

Eunha lets out a soft sigh as she enters the apartment, dreading the news she is about to tell Daniel. She drops her bag onto the floor, immediately grabbing Daniel's attention from the kitchen. Daniel grins and immediately walks over to pull her into his arms, hugging her small frame tightly against his own. She fists his shirt lightly, burying her face against his chest as she breathes in his soft, musky scent. Oh, how much she is going to miss being in those arms. She lets out a soft sigh, pulling away a little, causing Daniel to worry slightly.

"Hey princess, I've missed you. Whats up?" he asks in a soft tone, tucking a lone strand of hair behind her ear as he gently tilts her chin up so that her eyes are on his. She gives him a small, timid smile, shaking her head lightly as she just makes her way over to the couch to sit down. She lets out a soft groan, resting her head against the cushions as she closes her eyes for a few moments. She didn't want to have to tell Daniel that she has to leave along with her family. It would crush him. He immediately sits down beside her, taking one of her hands in his and entwining their fingers gently. "Baby, what's going on? don't think I don't know something is up. I think I know you well enough to know when something is bothering you," he says. Eunha opens her eyes, turning her head a little so that her eyes are focused on his. She gives his hand a gentle squeeze before informing him of what is about to happen.

"I-I have to leave..."

Daniel arches a brow, slightly confused. "What do you mean? like leave the apartment? move out?"

Eunha sighs. "Um...something like that."

"Oh," Daniel says, clearing his throat as he leans back against the couch still confused as to why she is suddenly telling him that she can't live with him anymore. "May I ask why?"

"I- Daniel, my family is moving us out of the country. I'm leaving in 2 weeks..." She quickly tells him, her heart slowly shattering as she watches Daniel's demeanor completely change, dejection instantly hitting him.

"I- what? you're moving? you're leaving South Korea? where the hell are you going?"

"My aunt back in the states is really sick. Mom wants to move us back there to take care of her, and nobody knows how long we will have to be there, but she thinks its best if we are with her in her last moments, I- I don't know-"

"THE STATES? I- what? And you can't stay here with me? you can't just up and leave, Eunha, especially if you're moving as far away as the ing United States-"

"You think I don't know that? God, Daniel the last thing I want to do is to leave you. I have tried so hard to convince my family to stay or to at least let me stay, but they believe I am way too young and immature to be living alone in Seoul with my boyfriend I have only been with for 2 years. They won't let me stay. I have literally tried everything Daniel," Eunha explains, her voice slightly cracking as her eyes begin to water slightly from being overwhelmed with emotion she has been holding for days. Daniel stands up, walking away from the couch to rest his head against the wall, his hands on either side of it as he closes his eyes, trying his best to calm his rising temper.

"How long have you known about this?" he asks, his tone soft and quiet.

"Um...maybe a couple of weeks?"

Daniel's eyes instantly open, his head turning swiftly as he gazes at her with a mixture of dejection and anger in his eyes.

"And you just now decided to tell me?! Eunha! you're leaving the ing country for god knows how long, you've known this for 2 weeks, and you just decide to tell me now when you're literally leaving in a couple of weeks? what the hell-"

"Look, I'm sorry okay?! I'm so sorry I withheld this information from you, but I just didn't know when the right time would be to tell you-"

"So you wait a couple of weeks to tell me before you're about to up and leave me for who knows how long, it's the ing United States of America."

"Daniel..." Eunha says, her tone warm and soft as she gets up off the couch to approach him slowly. Daniel's body is slightly shaking with anger in which he tries to calm himself down, but he is unable to at the thought of his girlfriend leaving him for what could potentially be years. She takes his hands in his, entwining their fingers, easing his temper and heartache. "It won't be too bad you know? maybe long distance could become a thing with us..."

"Eunha...you're going to be on the other side of the world," he whispers, his voice cracking slightly as he blinks back a few tears. He keeps his eyes on their hands, refusing to meet her gaze. "You aren't just moving to a different city, or town, you're moving to a whole different country that happens to be on the other side of the world. How the hell am I supposed to be okay with that?"

"I know...I know it's going to be hard, but it's not impossible. We can still talk all the time-"

"Your timezone is going to be completely different than mine. When I'm awake, you might be asleep who knows. What if we can't find the time to talk hmm?"

"We can't just push the idea aside without at least trying it out you know? the last thing I want to do is lose you. Moving away is hard enough, but losing you would be the hardest one of them all."

Daniel sighs softly, finally finding the courage to meet her eyes. He cups her face in his hands, pressing his lips against her forehead as he gives her a sweet kiss. He caresses her cheeks with his thumbs gently as he keeps his eyes on her own.

"You aren't going to lose me, my love. You will never lose me. I just don't know how we are going to make this work with you being so far away."

"I guess we just have to try?" she asks in a soft whisper. He sighs, nodding his head before pulling her into his arms.

"A year ago I told you nothing could ever break us apart. Now I'm afraid that this might actually do just that. What if we can't make it work? Eunha, I can't lose you."

"Hey hey hey, you won't okay? a lot of couples deal with long distance relationships and they manage to make it through. I think we can too."

He nods his head, keeping her in his arms as he buries his face in hair ear, breathing in her sweet floral scent, something he will miss so much.

"Wow, you haven't even left yet and I miss you already."

She laughs softly, poking his chest gently. "Yah, don't make me cry ok? you know, I'll see you again. You won't have to worry too much about that. Just because I will be farther away doesn't mean I won't find time to see you."

Daniel cracks a small smile, leaning down to capture her lips with his, kissing her sweetly and softly. 

"I love you, princess."

"I love you too."

"So...what day and time do you have to leave?"

Eunha shrugs her shoulders. "I just know I'm leaving in a couple of weeks. They haven't really given me many details about it yet."

"So they're planning on moving the love of my life away from me, but they told you nothing about when they're making you leave me."

Eunha shakes her head gently, giving him a small pout in which he pecks multiple times.

"I love your parents, but right now, I don't."

Eunha laughs softly, giving his hands a small squeeze.

"Hey, you're not the only one. My siblings don't exactly like them at the moment either. They don't wanna leave their friends behind, you know?" 

Daniel nods his head with a soft sigh.

"Poor Yeon and Jaehyun."

Eunha laughs lightly. "Poor all of us I guess."

Daniel sighs, resting his cheek against the top of her head.

"How am I supposed to be okay without you? my apartment is going to be empty. Who am I supposed to cuddle at night? who am I supposed to shower with kisses? who am I supposed to tease and tickle the hell out of? who am I supposed to - kidding," he teases as she immediately gasps and smacks his chest lightly. "Ow! I'm kidding baby!" he laughs, grabbing her hands immediately. "I mean to say, who am I supposed to make love to on an almost daily basis?"

Eunha lightly glares up at him, letting out a tiny huff. "I guess that's a little better..."

"Mhm, will you stop hitting me if I release your hands?"

"Mm...fine," she says with a squint. He releases her hands and chuckles lightly.

"I'm serious though, what am I supposed to do with myself now?" 

"Baby, you act like its the end of the world."

"It basically is. You are my world, and you're leaving me. It's basically the end of the world."

"We will be okay. Trust me okay? we will be okay," she reassures him, giving him a small smile. He leans down to peck her lips a few more times before pulling away a little.

"Okay princess. If you say so."

Little did they know, the distance would put a strain on their relationship.

~*~

ANOTHER UPDATE FOR YOU GUYS!! i hope you are enjoying the story so far pls let me know what u think