Single Chapter

It Just Happens - Yoonkook

It was another night Yoongi was crying in her bed. He was sad after he learned that his best friend had arranged a girlfriend. Ah! He loved Jeon so much, it seems the redhead did not understand his friend's love.

 

 

Jeon Jungkook and Min Yoongi have been best friends since childhood, they were born the same day, they were the same age, their parents were friends of high school and they ended up becoming godfather of each boy.

 

Yoongi discovered that he loved his best friend at age 15, when for one night Jeon will kiss him. A pity that the next morning the dark epoch did not remember anything because the night of the kiss had been so stoned that his memories of that night were completely erased. At least you'll say you do not remember.

 

Min had been martyring for a long time because he could not tell his best friend that he was completely in love with him. He just did not realize that his friend felt the same way about himself. But because of prejudice and fear of not being reciprocated, they did not say anything to each other. And now, at age 17, Jeon, who was never serious about anyone, resolved to settle down.

 

That night he was crying, because his friend was dating Yuka, a Japanese girl with Chanel-style hair in black tones and little eyes. She was one of the girls at her very nice school, by the way. Before he knew about his friend's status, Yoongi had decided he would tell Jeon that he was in love with him. In fact he had come for two weeks training what to say to the redhead. Then when Jeon called to tell him that he wanted to talk, Min saw the opportunity.

 

Yoongi walked into the small diner and soon smelled fried food and saw his friend there at the table they always sat. The platinum was with a giant smile on his face, and as soon as he got close to the table Jeon got up and smiling hugged his friend. Then they parted and sat down and asked for a snack and they talked. Even "I have something to tell you" they both said at the same time. They laughed, Yoongi sweated and nervously asked the other to speak first. And that's where his heart stopped.

 

"I'm dating" Jungkook said smiling, Yoongi took a while to process, but when he realized he asked: "Who's the lucky girl?" He pretended interest and joy, but he only wanted to scream and cry, his heart shattered. Jeon explained everything with a smile on his face. But he did the same thing to try to forget Yoongi.

 

After talking, Jeon recalled that Yoongi wanted to say something to himself, he asked, the lower answered that it was nothing and stayed for it. Maybe if Yoongi had told Jeon the truth things would have been different between them. Or would it have been worse?

 

***

 

Now it was 6 years since that time, the teens grew up and became made men, Jungkook was still with Yuka, and Yoongi continued to have his little cases. But now Jeon would marry, and Yoongi's hopes would vanish and his soul as well.

 

After Jeon married, it is Yoongi they distanced themselves. Jeon lived a married life while Yoongi a single life. Jeon was completely in love with his wife, but love loved Yoongi. And when Jeon realized it, it was too late for him. Min Yoongi no longer expected it.

 

Min spent years with only the single life, waiting for Jeon to notice him. Now in his 30s he finally got to fall in love with someone. Kim Taehyung a 37-year-old man who brought back a bit of Yoongi's soul that was taken completely to his 22 years when Jeon married. Taehyung was to him its sun, the light in the darkness. With Kim he discovered the meaning of passion.

 

And as Jungkook divorced to finally go after his true love. Yoongi married his passion.

 

The two men missed the chance to have a beautiful love story, when they decided to just let it happen, without doing anything to fight each other, without telling their feelings.

 

They missed the chance to know what happiness was when they resolved to hide their feelings out of sheer fear.

 

Min Yoongi was not unhappy in marriage, nor Jeon in his. But, they were not completely happy. Yoongi aged alongside Taehyung and adopted 3 children. And Jeon. Good ... He grew old alone with the regret of not having spoken to Yoongi who will remember the kiss he gave him the night he drank too much. More than out of pure fear of prejudice he pretended to forget. And he pretended that nothing had happened.